The Indy/Int'l Wrestling Thread - ROH Final Battle ‘17, M Dalton Castle def. Cody Rhodes for Title

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she botch an entrance and cant take a joke, smh

? all that, if that was your daughter you would beat the ? out of Aries

His twitter response was even more juvenile than his actions.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had this happened off camera, away from the crowd, this wouldn't be that big of a deal.

They're only taking action because it was so blatant in front of people.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come wait for Suicide to make his return
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gotta stop having my boy D-Lo do all these jobs
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    They gotta stop having my boy D-Lo do all these jobs

Why? He isnt even a real active wrestler...
  • VIBE
    Options
    Dixie said she doesn't mind doing a crossover event w WWE.

Of course, Vince would never do it.

What do you think?
  • jono
    Options
    Lol Vince doing a crossover with TNA, it benefits TNA more than WWE. If you ever hear of that happening then just know Vince don' put a bit of purchase in.
  • VIBE
    Options
    They gotta start making a move on this AJ Styles ? , I hope he doesn't join Aces & 8's and does some lone wolf ? .
  • jono
    Options
    I made the mistake of watching old TNA before Impact tonight...I dunno if I'm gonna be able to get into it now.

I agree that this AJ thing is moving too slow, but its obviously because Sting is pegged as the hero right now.

They wasted james storm, who I think for awhile there was as popular as AJ and even Jeff Hardy but for some reason they pulled the plug on him.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Storm is injured I think.
  • VIBE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    They gotta start making a move on this AJ Styles ? , I hope he doesn't join Aces & 8's and does some lone wolf ? .

Looks like this is the case.

Suicide debut was decent.

Shark Boy segment was cool.

Gunner being back is goat, hope him and Storm can become tag champs.

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Gunner is a future world heavyweight champ. been saying this, but TNA's tag team division looking good and almost stable. Alot of guys in the tag teams can be future world title holders or contenders or already have been and will be again. just a place for them to be.

Gunner = GOAT agreed.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Im just happy that Sting is about to be taking out of the world title picture, he shouldn't be in it in the first place. You can see the Brooke Hogan heel turn a mile away.

TNA need to start pushing Matt Morgan, every time they start he go missing from tv for weeks and they need to stop the Abyss and Joseph Parks being separate people that ? sucks.

AJ Styles slowly creeping up on Austin Aries as my favorite wrestler. AJ going over Angle, Kurt don't need the win
  • jono
    Options
    TNA really needs to take the X-D back to its roots. All those silly gimmicks like triple threat matches actually ruin the storytelling aspect. Petey Williams had to take 2 unnecessary L's in order for sabin & suicide to look good.

Petey > Suicide by the way. Sabin is my dude and a redemption story for him vs Kenny King could have been money by itself but instead we get an unnecessary third wheel.

With all the returns of X-Division royalty they could have a very strong midcard like they used to if they eliminated that triple threat concept.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Shark Boy and Robbie E. had me laughing my ass off. "Gym Tan Beer Bro" lol. That was a great lil segment and a nice bone to throw at the older TNA fans. I don't get the excitement over Gunner though. Dude still looks green as ? out there. I mean he botched a ? torture rack for ? 's sake. I would've preferred an AMW reunion but Wildcat Chris Harris is looking flabby and sick nowadays so I guess they had no other choice.
    Im just happy that Sting is about to be taking out of the world title picture, he shouldn't be in it in the first place.

co-sign.
  • Broddie
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think they should do a lil more with magnus, i like what they did with aj, didnt make it as obvious as id thought they'd be, ive said it prolly 5 times already in here but that x division...smh, just misused imo
  • Broddie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Dixie rightfully sees Magnus as the potential face of the company down the line so don't worry about him. He'll get ? to do. Why are people whining about the X division? did you cats even see Impact last year? sure it's not where the X Division was say 8 years ago but it's in much better shape today than it was during the second half of last year for sure (RVD's mediocre title reign). At least they have more than 3 people competing regularly again.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mad tna starts at 9:00 and 8:00
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Gonna be there at around 7. Cant wait.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    I enjoyed Slammiversary but i had a problem with Angle going over AJ Styles. Chris Sabin getting that X division title was a good look. TV Title match was a waste and the tag title match was good. Im happy that Sting is out of the title picture forever
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm really glad that Sting lost last night despite continuity gaffes during the main event (if A&8's are ambushing the TNA guy where are the TNA guys backing him up as they've done on Impact numerous times now?). The WHC needs to be fought for amongst the 45 and younger crowd only.

Angle and AJ is being set up as feud that will go on for a while. I have no issue with AJ not winning because that would've been much more predictable. We all know AJ will win the BFG series anyway and go on to dethrone Bully at the BFG ppv. He has a finishing move that focuses on hurting the calf while calfzilla is the champ. How more transparent can it get?

They will have a rematch and AJ will go over and get a huge rub going into the BFG series. Kurt has been limited to jobbers these past couple of months. He needed another credible win after so long especially on the night of his HOF induction. I don't think it hurt AJ at all it just highlights that the journey towards his upcoming title run won't be as easy as we thought it was going to be. It's called pathos. It's a way for us to realize that the struggle for AJ will be real and make us more involved and sympathetic towards him during his journey to the top of the food chain again.

This was a good ppv overall. I'm finally impressed with Taryn Terrell outside of her being another blonde with a pair of fake ? and a killer smile. Her performance last night is how you go about gaining respect. She really stepped up to the plate. Nobody could knock that knockouts match last night.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options