Game of Thrones (Season 3) - HBO

Options

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't even blame Cat she was the smartest person on Robb's side and she was always giving him solid advice. Her dying like she did just so Robb could possibly still live was great. Don't even care about her killing a little girl
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pure fuckery status right now. It's getting straight up and down hard to even give a ? . Only thing worse than NOT killing a character that is constructed to make the audience wish death upon them is to spend EONS building up other characters to be sympathized with AND THEN KILLING THEM by marginal characters.

Honestly, the show's rapidly approaching meh status. You know ANYONE can die at ANYTIME, so all character development becomes pointless speed bumps between the next death sequences. Like I knew as soon as dude closed the door and the band started playing a different song, but it still ? me off.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    So basically the North is up for grabs at this point? Catelyn is dead, Robb is dead. Only Jon Snow survives. Brann and Rickon are believed to be dead. Sansa is worthless.

Man Jon Snow will have a reckoning for leaving Ygritte, especially if the show follows the same theme is has thus far. Hell hath no fury like that of a womans scorn.

Jon never was never on the wildlings side.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    My question is what happened to buddy that got married. Was he spared because he was part of the fam, or did they merk his ass before he even got to consummate the marriage?

He's alive....
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    nvm, now i know. it reminded me of when they killed all the warlocks and when mormont was killed.
    http://youtu.be/MApiez0q59c

but damn i can't believe they dead.

probably means tywin/baelish were in on it, now (i think) this gives Littlefinger and the lannisters more power over the north.

edit: i meant Tyrion over the north since he married sansa
    Nobodies ? with the king of ? and wine...
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to come correct from an earlier post. Catelyn's UNCLE is the Blackfish, so not Riverrun's heir. That's Edmure, the one who just got hitched to the Frey babe, he's Cat's younger bro. So the Freys just got out from under being Tully bannermen to Tully inheritors in a brutal "merger" with that Stark liquidation pincer move.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Pure fuckery status right now. It's getting straight up and down hard to even give a ? . Only thing worse than NOT killing a character that is constructed to make the audience wish death upon them is to spend EONS building up other characters to be sympathized with AND THEN KILLING THEM by marginal characters.

Honestly, the show's rapidly approaching meh status. You know ANYONE can die at ANYTIME, so all character development becomes pointless speed bumps between the next death sequences. Like I knew as soon as dude closed the door and the band started playing a different song, but it still ? me off.

Everyone's not going to die.... I think it's a bit exaggerated.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Everyone in this thread is like
    58652-supernatural-dean-crying-gif-jvgd.gif
  • thefabmd2dc
    Options
    Walder Frey was plotting on starks since the moment robb broke his promise but what makes the freys look is worst is the fact that they broke the guest rite at the beginning of the episode by killing them like that.

The starks aren't completely done there's still bran and rickon to carry on for the family
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Premiere+HBO+Game+Thrones+Season+3+Red+Carpet+9E7JeNv1q7Cl.jpg

Hmmm....Jaime may be missing out
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Walder Frey was plotting on starks since the moment robb broke his promise but what makes the freys look is worst is the fact that they broke the guest rite at the beginning of the episode by killing them like that.

The starks aren't completely done there's still bran and rickon to carry on for the family
    I have a feeling Jon Snow is Neds sister'schild and the Targaryen's child remember they constantly hinted it in the 1st book. I have a feeling Jon snow isn't dead they have no problems telling us when a character has died.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is ridiculous seriously..
    Do Winterfell even have anyone that will ride for them is the question i have all them mofos killed off..
    Brann nor Rickon have a land to even return to even if they wanted to..
    I wasnt a fan of Cat but Robb dying isnt quite Ned status but just when you think he gained some steam he lost it all..
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And SMH at Robb getting final consultation on whether he was making the right choice from the person whose dumb assed decision is what put them all in this mess to begin with.

Nah, that's all on Robb.

If Robb had just married one of Frey's daughters.....none of that ? would've happened.

His mother advised him not to send Theon to get help from his family, but he wouldn't have had to send Theon there to begin with if he kept his word.

The only reason Theon was sent was to try and get the manpower that they lost when Robb didn't marry Frey's daughter.

Catelyn ? up by letting Jamie Lannister go, but despite that....if Robb had just kept his word he would've had everything he needed to defeat the Lannisters.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All feelings and mindfuckery aside..as i'm almost back to reality..this might possibly be the greatest episode in the history of TV..at least for me..

I've had my Weebay moments many times after great episodes and i'm usually not nearly as mindfucked as i am right now..

Even writing this post thinking about what just happened is making my heart pump fast as ?

I know everyone says next week should be GOAT status, if they top this episode GoT could possibly move ahead of Breaking Bad for my number 2 spot of all time favorite shows..
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    tumblr_mnspkkoMVK1r08mr4o1_500.jpg

b7j5lc.jpg

tumblr_mnsp3u5WQB1rcb6cdo5_500.jpg

tumblr_mnsp3u5WQB1rcb6cdo1_500.jpg

George is like:

Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    All feelings and mindfuckery aside..as i'm almost back to reality..this might possibly be the greatest episode in the history of TV..at least for me..

I've had my Weebay moments many times after great episodes and i'm usually not nearly as mindfucked as i am right now..

Even writing this post thinking about what just happened is making my heart pump fast as ?

I know everyone says next week should be GOAT status, if they top this episode GoT could possibly move ahead of Breaking Bad for my number 2 spot of all time favorite shows..
    What's #1
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

And SMH at Robb getting final consultation on whether he was making the right choice from the person whose dumb assed decision is what put them all in this mess to begin with.

Nah, that's all on Robb.

If Robb had just married one of Frey's daughters.....none of that ? would've happened.

His mother advised him not to send Theon to get help from his family, but he wouldn't have had to send Theon there to begin with if he kept his word.

The only reason Theon was sent was to try and get the manpower that they lost when Robb didn't marry Frey's daughter.

Catelyn ? up by letting Jamie Lannister go, but despite that....if Robb had just kept his word he would've had everything he needed to defeat the Lannisters.

Nah, Cat going off half cocked and kidnapping Tyrion is what started this whole thing. Remember before that everything was completely chill. Ned was doing his thing in King's Landing, but even he hadn't really started rousing suspicion yet. There's a good chance that if he had not been injured and put out of commission by the Lannister attack, that he would have figured things out sooner and been able to present it to King Rob before the hunting trip. In other words, this whole ? would have worked out in the Starks' favor if Cat hadn't been so hasty.

Also, ya'll letting her off the hook for this too, but she deserves a lot of blame here also. Robb is the one that ? Frey off to begin with, but you guys are forgetting that Cat knew Frey wasn't to be trusted now that the oath had been broken. Robb acknowledged making a mistake in not listening to her about Theon, and asked her advice. That would have been the time for her to come out and at least go on record as saying they should be careful with Frey. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but at least they would have gone into the situation on guard. Instead, she let her ? for vengeance get the better of her again and boost him up to walk carelessly into the trap.
  • thefabmd2dc
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The Lannisters would have killed ned regardless of what happened since he was made hand of the king, remember cersei was always planning on killing robert and putting joffrey on the throne. It was because Cat had taken Tyrion and started the war that caused Rob to secure Jaime which made Cersei slow her role and needed ned for a hostage.

Once Cat lost Tyrion in that trial by combat thing and then gave up Jaime they lost all their leverage over the lannisters. At that point Robb had already decided not to marry a frey girl and he realized he was ? up his own cause.
    The show kinda skipped a lot of the background events in the wedding which specifically note all of Robb's people had to go in without their weapons and robb had to leave his direwolf outside. The thing is they were so pressed to appease the freys and make things good so they could regarrison their army they had to do all of this which is what made the situation hopeless.

Cat had a chance in the show to hold Frey as a hostage but didn't take it. In the book she wasn't anywhere near him.
    Robb was just oblivious the whole time while it was Catt who saw them closing the doors, playing rains of castamere and noticing roose's mail under his clothes.

In conclusion Cat and Robb both ? up and are both to blame
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Ned and the Lannisters were enemies no doubt, but it was still bubbling under the surface. There was no guarantee that they would have gotten Ned before he exposed them. Cat's actions pushed everything into overdrive and the Lannisters were better prepared to act than Ned or anyone else for that matter.

It's Cat's fault plain an simple. You can blame Rob, but remember, he's still young and had 0 experience being a leader going into this. The mistakes he made are reasonable given that. Cat is a grown ass woman that knew the ? she was doing would cause major problems, but she did it anyway. And again, Cat knew Frey wasn't to be trusted, Rob didn't. So when they went there and there was all this ? happening to make them weak and vulnerable, Cat should have spoken up, but she didn't because all she could see was them paying the Lannisters back.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's #1

The Wire...I assumed that ? is everybody's number 1 show ever..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

What's #1

Apparently not, I just saw that some magazine rated the Sopranos as the greatest tv show ever.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

What's #1

That's what I figured
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    Premiere+HBO+Game+Thrones+Season+3+Red+Carpet+9E7JeNv1q7Cl.jpg

Hmmm....Jaime may be missing out

Say word...