Black women celebrate John McCain's son's marriage

Options
Undefeatable
Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
The couple and the bridegroom's parents:

mccain-wedding-2-600.jpg

The celebration:

"But on a global scale, this merging is of considerable note. Black women are OFFICIALLY on the radar for viable mates, worthy of marriage, provision and protection, by men other than black, despite what the GAT-DL would like for us to believe. And with every high-profile marriage we read about and gawk over, there’s one more rainbeau out there who has now put “Yolanda” on his radar. And someplace else, “Yolanda” is now putting “Adam” on her’s.

Mark my words, friends. The next half-decade to come is going to look VERY, VERY different for black women, and I mean that is a good way. Our stock is rising in the circles of the rich, powerful, and influential–too bad it had to rise outside of the black community, who basically tells many of us that we’re ugly and worthless. Meh…whateva!!!

But you know what’s funny? I STILL get notes from black girls and women who STILL ask me if non-black men are REALLY interested in black women for serious relationships, which means my work here is still not done.

Sorry to once again blow holes through your “Swirling is not a movement!!” rants, trolls. Wait. I take that back. Instead, I’ll say, IN YO’ FACE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!"

See more celebratory comments here

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes mom looks evil.

Probable smash on the new wife.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dammit these cracka's after our good women why don't they do us a favor and take these ratchets off our hands.... I meant meh.
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When are black people going to stop looking for acceptance from other races? If someone from another ethnic group likes you, great, but why are we celebrating their acceptance? Especially when they don't celebrate ours. I would caution any black woman dating a white man that he might just be using you. I'm not speaking entirely out of insecurity either :) but just some of the things i've heard them say. They only like the light-skinned ones usually. The darker ones are "gross." And we all have preferences, but something about the way they view black women, and try to separate the dark from the light, doesn't sit right with me.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "But on a global scale, this merging is of considerable note. Black women are OFFICIALLY on the radar for viable mates, worthy of marriage, provision and protection, by men other than black, despite what the GAT-DL would like for us to believe. And with every high-profile marriage we read about and gawk over, there’s one more rainbeau out there who has now put “Yolanda” on his radar. And someplace else, “Yolanda” is now putting “Adam” on her’s.

dc-direct-13-inch-robin-classic-batman_l.jpg

"Holy overreaction, Batman!"
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What a ? ? ! Marrying into a war mongering family, I wish they had a red wedding.
  • Undefeatable
    edited June 2013
    Options
    When are black people going to stop looking for acceptance from other races? If someone from another ethnic group likes you, great, but why are we celebrating their acceptance? Especially when they don't celebrate ours. I would caution any black woman dating a white man that he might just be using you. I'm not speaking entirely out of insecurity either :) but just some of the things i've heard them say. They only like the light-skinned ones usually. The darker ones are "gross." And we all have preferences, but something about the way they view black women, and try to separate the dark from the light, doesn't sit right with me.

These negroes say the same thing.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dammit these cracka's after our good women why don't they do us a favor and take these ratchets off our hands.... I meant meh.

The market is oversaturated with ratchet women. Its a hard sell.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    so

You don't find it at least a little disturbing that there are many black women out there who are looking to be affirmed as desirable partners by non-black men? I mean, if that is what you're saying, think about it for a second.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huh? I'm celebrating a strangers marriage? I guess I missed the memo.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    Huh? I'm celebrating a strangers marriage? I guess I missed the memo.

What part of "Black women celebrate John McCain's son's marriage" says all black women are celebrating his marriage?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's taking one marriage and making a huge generalization. How is that different from people that see one badly behaved black woman and generalize her behavior to the entire group?
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she cant believe it herself...
    Renee-Swift-McCain-Jack-McCain-wife-photos1.jpg
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She looks like the type that would marry a ?
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she looks mixed and just chose white
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

These negroes say the same thing.

I hear you, but white guys take that sentiment to the next level. Speaking in generalities here, but their default position is black women are ugly, and then someone shows them pictures of fine black women, and the average rebuttal is "she's only x percent black." Their attempt to separate black people into different racial groups...makes me want to caution black women about dating them.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it me or is this broad kinda plain looking in that pic @vince_vince posted? She's a strong 5, maybe a 6 to me TBH. Nothing special for me but they look genuinely happy together. More power to them.

I clicked that link and some of these reactions were hilarious. Some of these black women really got an inferiority complex. There's a difference between just being attracted to what you're attracted to and treating non-black partners like they're a come up. Some of these women don't seem to value themselves.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol People acting like black women just now been checking for white boys. Someone not too long ago posted a site dedicated to well off black women who married white men. The ? ain't that uncommon.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Is it me or is this broad kinda plain looking in that pic @vince_vince posted? She's a strong 5, maybe a 6 to me TBH. Nothing special for me but they look genuinely happy together. More power to them.

I clicked that link and some of these reactions were hilarious. Some of these black women really got an inferiority complex. There's a difference between just being attracted to what you're attracted to and treating non-black partners like they're a come up. Some of these women don't seem to value themselves

So why are you co-signing Jamaica's reaction, as if celebrating this is not troubling?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats on the couple, but my gawd! Whichever black woman wrote that comment in the O/P needs to gain some self-esteem.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    jack-maccain-wedding.jpg
    the groom and bride with his parents and three of his siblings: Bridget, Meghan and Jimmy. (Courtesy of the Office of Sen. John McCain)
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pass.

That hoe is trash
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »
    she looks mixed and just chose white

her parents aren't in the photos. she's definitely black.