I think Sean has potential to be one of the top MCs of this gen if he stops ? around.

Options

Comments

• Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye's co-sign is the reason why I think he's going to be around for a minute. I honestly don't feel like his buzz has died down. He's an underrated lyricist as he proved on Detroit, but he needs to stop making wack ? like that ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ? .

I thought Guap was a dope single.

A lot of ? in here obviously need to boss up, boss up wit dere time dog
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    684utw.gif

detroit was dope as hell. but im not sure he can be one of the top. he can have a decent career but i don't see him getting the popularity of a drake or kendrick. but your right he been ? around talking about ? yo ? when if he really focus he could be better. But i doubt he can be better than

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

To the general public he's already ahead of Krit and Wale.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    Kanye's co-sign is the reason why I think he's going to be around for a minute. I honestly don't feel like his buzz has died down. He's an underrated lyricist as he proved on Detroit, but he needs to stop making wack ? like that ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ? .

Ass>>>>>>>>>>>>Guap
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    684utw.gif

detroit was dope as hell. but im not sure he can be one of the top. he can have a decent career but i don't see him getting the popularity of a drake or kendrick. but your right he been ? around talking about ? yo ? when if he really focus he could be better. But i doubt he can be better than

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

ahead perhaps in popularity but thats about it

and ? still sleep on guap, that ? hard.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

Just krit.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    Kellmill wrote: »

Ass>>>>>>>>>>>>Guap

hell nah ? foh
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

I think A$AP Rocky is ahead of him right now too
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The year GOOD music did the cypher for the BET awards (think 2011?), Sean was nice on that n from then I was expecting him to do big things, Detroit was good at best for me. As said his subject matter isn't diverse enough to compliment his ability to flow.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sean who?

When I saw the thread title I was thinking sean price?sean carter? Then I clicked and saw his name and was like"oh him". I really forgot about dude, I never been a fan besides one song "supa dupa". But if hes breaking his name down as b.i.g instead of just big than that is disrespectful may not seem that big of a difference but it is.

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

buzz wise maybe krit (even tho krit is a better artist) but wale clearly is ahead of sean buzz wise. Seans last album and wale's last album head to head wale had a better album and it sold more. Tv wise Wale been on more late night and espn first take. Also Bad has more buzz than any big sean solo song in the last year. Detroit was better than Folarin but buzz wise they are about equal.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Son whole style is doo doo grits
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when his album dropping ?
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Its crazy how that ? buzz disappeared. When he dropped Detroit, he had the whole world on his ? , now i don't even hear about him.

Hit records vs. Good material

Relevancy vs. Longevity

Fitting in vs. Staying fit

Pop fans vs. Core fanbase

That's the math. Guess where Sean fits in? There you have it.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

You need to stop overusing the phrase "doo doo grits".
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? ! This ? sucks
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

buzz wise maybe krit (even tho krit is a better artist) but wale clearly is ahead of sean buzz wise. Seans last album and wale's last album head to head wale had a better album and it sold more. Tv wise Wale been on more late night and espn first take. Also Bad has more buzz than any big sean solo song in the last year. Detroit was better than Folarin but buzz wise they are about equal.

Of course buzz wise Wale is ahead. Wale has a album that's about to drop. In terms of their last album Wale was on his 2nd album whereas Sean album's was his debut. Wale was supposed to sale more. Don't act like Wale's first album didn't sale 28k first and tapped out at 200k. Sean debut sold 87k first week and tapped out around 415k. Imagine what Sean is going to sale being a established artist now.

Also when I say general public look at every major publication that rank rappers. Sean is always ahead of Wale.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Initial impression......Not impressed w/ Detroit.........goes back to listen*
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited June 2013
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

Of course buzz wise Wale is ahead. Wale has a album that's about to drop. In terms of their last album Wale was on his 2nd album whereas Sean album's was his debut. Wale was supposed to sale more. Don't act like Wale's first album didn't sale 28k first and tapped out at 200k. Sean debut sold 87k first week and tapped out around 415k. Imagine what Sean is going to sale being a established artist now.

Also when I say general public look at every major publication that rank rappers. Sean is always ahead of Wale.

Lol i knew you were gunna say "well well sean is on his 2nd wale is on his 3rd!!!". At the end of the day wale's last album and his first on MMG faired allot better than Big Seans last album released during the same period under mr west and good music. Both Sean and Wale have albums coming out. But Wale is actually going to release it while big sean keeps stalling and stalling with his alleged classic.

What publications are ranking Big Sean Skillwise better than Wale? You love saying ? and then not giving details lmao. Yes big sean was ranked higher on the hottest MC's list but since that list Wale has been hotter and kept more momentum which sean completely lost. And its not like sean was idle all year. While wale has had songs stick in 2013 big sean released a few songs and features not on par with detroit and the features last year in 2012.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

Lol i knew you were gunna say "well well sean is on his 2nd wale is on his 3rd!!!". At the end of the day wale's last album and his first on MMG faired allot better than Big Seans last album released during the same period under mr west and good music. Both Sean and Wale have albums coming out. But Wale is actually going to release it while big sean keeps stalling and stalling with his alleged classic.

What publications are ranking Big Sean Skillwise better than Wale? You love saying ? and then not giving details lmao. Yes big sean was ranked higher on the hottest MC's list but since that list Wale has been hotter and kept more momentum which sean completely lost. And its not like sean was idle all year. While wale has had songs stick in 2013 big sean released a few songs and features not on par with detroit and the features last year in 2012.

lol at what publication. Look at the every Complex magazine ranking the past few years. They just released one yesterday and had Sean at number 4. The only song song Sean has released this year was "Switch Up" which was a song he just threw out there. The features Sean have done have been pop features (Jessie J & FallOut Boy) and the track with Juicy J. So what are these so called songs you are referring too?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited June 2013
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

lol at what publication. Look at the every Complex magazine ranking the past few years. They just released one yesterday and had Sean at number 4. The only song song Sean has released this year was "Switch Up" which was a song he just threw out there. The features Sean have done have been pop features (Jessie J & FallOut Boy) and the track with Juicy J. So what are these so called songs you are referring too?

Complex comes up with a troll list every week that is inaccurate on purpose to get views. On the IC and in the comments on complex many disagre with most their rankings. So by lists you mean one companies list not multiple examples. As far as songs in 2013 i was talking about "Switch up" as well as his features on "The Mighty Fall" and "Wild". But again in 2013 Wale skill wise and buzz wise is doing allot better than Big sean.

And Both were supposed to be summer releases. Not to mention Wale has more appeal performing on a late night show with the roots and being brought into espn first take as well as having a song on that. So again in 2013 skill wise or buzz wise Big Sean not ? with Wale that's all I'm saying.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sean just not ahead of wale, no matter how u slice it bruh
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

Complex comes up with a troll list every week that is inaccurate on purpose to get views. On the IC and in the comments on complex many disagre with most their rankings. So by lists you mean one companies list not multiple examples. As far as songs in 2013 i was talking about "Switch up" as well as his features on "The Mighty Fall" and "Wild". But again in 2013 Wale skill wise and buzz wise is doing allot better than Big sean.

And Both were supposed to be summer releases. Not to mention Wale has more appeal performing on a late night show with the roots and being brought into espn first take as well as having a song on that. So again in 2013 skill wise or buzz wise Big Sean not ? with Wale that's all I'm saying.

Name one major publication or ranking that has put Wale ahead or Sean? I agree with you right now Wale has more buzz. But once Sean's album drops his buzz will be even higher. Still don't know what performing with the Roots on a late night show has to do with anything. Sean will be on there too when he drops his album. Sean is more popular than Wale.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited June 2013
    Options
    684utw.gif

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Cole
    4. Krit
    5. Wall-e

Name one major publication or ranking that has put Wale ahead or Sean? I agree with you right now Wale has more buzz. But once Sean's album drops his buzz will be even higher. Still don't know what performing with the Roots on a late night show has to do with anything. Sean will be on there too when he drops his album. Sean is more popular than Wale.

Lol so when i ask you to name another publication that supports the opinion you brought up "look at every major publication that rank rappers. Sean is always ahead of Wale" you ask me to point out the same thing? I don't read hip hop magazines but im pretty sure they aren't comparing big sean to wale. hell you can't even point out another publication outside trollplex yourself lol.

What does Wale being on Jimmy Fallon with the roots have to do with anything? Its actually something Big Sean needs to do more of its called promotion. Hes getting late night eyes to look at his craft in a more musical light. Hes not painting himself as the sterotypical rap over a loud ass backing track he slowed it down and probally impressed a few people weather they buy his next album or not. Same with first take that theme song is huge for his career as well as talking on the show segments at times.

But back to the main point you have failed to explain how bar for bar this year Big Sean is better than Wale.

1. I ask you to clear up your "sources" of magazines ranking sean above wale and you name one questionable publication/site (complex)

2. You then fail to give another example and ask me to give an example.

So i don't know how you are even coming up with support for your points day day. And for the last 4 months or so you keep saying "once seans album drops" like ? magically gon be rainbows and butterflies the day the album drops. Well wale hasn't dropped his album yet and hes doing a hell of a lot more than Big Sean lol.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

You need to stop overusing the phrase "doo doo grits".

Shut up ?