Options
13»

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I'm lost...So this ? is basically dissing himself. He states that Jeezy gives a ? political answer on the split. Then says that he gave ? political answers on the split. Says he's not biting his tongue but then doens't explain ? about the situation. Then he says he doesn't need help from the next man. Them complains about the next man not living up to that support. Gibbs saying he played the game but yet is mad that Jeezy was playing the game too.

Boy these ? just don't know when to stop....sounds like 2 hoe ? not handling business..so do you talk it out like men and let it ride...nope you play the game...then when it's in your benefit you diss dude for publicity...hoe ? run together

Bet he feels real stupid for dissing MMG now

sounds like Jeezy j princed that ?

Nah.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXpYoDB7fs

"I ain't about to be dissing somebody, just to be dissing them."
    AKA I ain't about to diss a ? cause they riding on Jeezy.

He went at Ross on "187 Proof" cause he wanted to, not cause he was signed to CTE.

yea and Obama just said we still getting our 40 acres and a mule

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm lost...So this ? is basically dissing himself. He states that Jeezy gives a ? political answer on the split. Then says that he gave ? political answers on the split. Says he's not biting his tongue but then doens't explain ? about the situation. Then he says he doesn't need help from the next man. Them complains about the next man not living up to that support. Gibbs saying he played the game but yet is mad that Jeezy was playing the game too.

Boy these ? just don't know when to stop....sounds like 2 hoe ? not handling business..so do you talk it out like men and let it ride...nope you play the game...then when it's in your benefit you diss dude for publicity...hoe ? run together

Nah.......

He went at Ross on "187 Proof" cause he wanted to, not cause he was signed to CTE.

I really don't see how what he said is unbelievable, when I've never seen him say or do something that contradicts what he said in the interview.....
    Explain how he feels "stupid" for dissing MMG though...
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead at the flags gtfoh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    one thing i never understood
    if the rap world if full of fake gangsters and ? boys
    then its obvious that ppl care more about ability than they do about authentic gangstas
    so when someone comes in claiming they are real gangstas and everyone else is ?
    but the game is full of ? ?
    how u think those ? ? gonna react?
    they aint gonna react to you kindly
    so therefore, why u trying to be a rapper so bad?
    if rap world full of ? ? , and you are a gangsta ? , then why u think u can succeed in that environment

It's the cool ? to say and part of the "rapper starter kit" phrases you're taught. Along with "I'm feeding everybody around me". "I got a movement that was making me millions before I got a deal" "I'm not a rapper I'm a hustler" "1500 rappers co-signed me, but ? them ? because I made it on my own" "Everybody in this game fake. They not real like you would think they are. Bunch of fake ? . But shout out to *insert every rapper in the game here*"
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    G.O.O.D. Music rapper Kanye West dished out a number of thank you’s during his Yeezus listening session, which took place last night (June 10) at a loading dock in New York City. The Windy City emcee saved his last thank you for Def Jam Records founder Rick Rubin who West reportedly recruited last minute for the role of executive producer on Yeezus.

West went on to speak in detail about Rubin’s contributions as executive producer on the project before offering a short, but precise explanation of his album’s title.

“Last but not least, that came and helped bring this whole ? together. That executive produced the album [with] me and the family is Rick Rubin…I remember Rick even said, he said ‘When we did Def Jam, we wasn’t feeling like we was in competition with nobody cause this ? was so direct’…So, it was good for me to go to the ? Rick Rubin and plan my ? ,” said West in a video posted on XXLMag.com. “Ask him questions and allow him to take this project to an entirely new level. And he made a lot of great decisions at the end and pulled it to a whole new level. And I wanted to explain something about the title. Simply put, West was my slave name, and Yeezus is my ? name.”

The “Black Skinhead” rapper also spoke on the musical versatility of Yeezus, which he later described as being a "soundtrack" to life, as he commented on the album doubling as a project you can ride to, workout to, etc.

“We ain't give a ? about what no one else said, outside looking in, anything,” Kanye explained. “We just wanted to make the best product possible and this is just the beginning of an entirely new mentality of how to make music [directly] for the people…It’s about delivering some ? for y’all to go to work to, ride to, listen to when y’all working out and ? , whatever y’all doing. To provide a soundtrack for this ? .”

Kanye also reportedly confirmed features from Daft Punk, Chief Keef, Bon Iver, and more on the album. Yeezus will be released next week on June 18.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=24278
    Gotdamn @ me seeing this article and expecting to see something about Kanye and Gibbs doing some work together..
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    ? stupid ass ?
    right, Jeezy doesn't have a shady ? history and he's SO GOOD at rapping.

yeah, right, i get it, you love Thug Motivation 101. it's a fun album, i'll give you that. but if you don't notice that Gibbs is actually, you know, a BETTER RAPPER, you might need to sit down and listen to a rap album sometime.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't Freddie Gibbs dad a cop?

Gibbs interview
    "Your father was a cop? How did that work, did you live with him growing up in Gary?

Yeah, I did. It’s funny because I get this question a lot. My dad came up in Gary, he was a musician, too. He was a singer and I guess he did what he had to do to support himself and in the 80s when I was like two-years-old, he joined the police force. Anyway, it was some sh*t, I don’t know the specifics of it but some scandal happened in ’91 that forced him to resign from the department. So throughout the years he was always working super-duper overtime or out of a job, or looking for a job, just struggling for money. And I watched my mom struggle to take care of three kids plus my little cousin, and my dad, he knew a lot of the sh*t that I was doing in the streets but he didn’t stop me from doing it. My dad was a cop but he wasn’t no angel, know what I mean? A lot of cops in Gary ain’t, especially not for one of the lowest salaries in the country, so you can imagine the corruption that goes on.

So, I would see how fu*ked up my dad was with money; blowing money and tricking off on sh*t with his other bi*ches, so when I needed something where else was I gonna turn? I was going to school seeing other kids with new Jordans but my mom, this check she had to pay for this, or this check she had to pay for that. My mom made sure I had a roof over my head but that was it. Beyond that, I had to take it upon myself to be independent. That was the way she always raised me and that is the way she always wanted me to be. I always had an independent mindset, I never asked nobody for nothing, even coming up rapping. I seen a lot of ? around me that rap who took money from big dope boys in our city to jumpstart they rap career, pay for their studio time and all that. But me, I was always like, “Nah, man. I’ll sell my own sack, work off my own pack.” I’m not about to let you give me a pack and now I owe you. I’ll pay for my own studio time, press my own CD’s. I will always have that [independent streak] in me."

Even though he says his pops had quit, even if he was still a cop what would that mean?

he's not his father
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Gibbs music but i swear these ? be expecting the "leader" of a group to do it all..
    If i throw you some cash, beats, a few verses, some videos and a co sign my ? i did my job you gotta grind from there..
  • DavyBlue
    DavyBlue Members Posts: 95
    Options
    Eastside Slim greatest from Indiana ? Jeezy btw who even listening to him anyway
  • jeffbundles
    jeffbundles Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    honestly i respect gibbs lyrical ability from what ive heard i personally will not sit and listen to him talk cause hes nobody to me but one thing i really dont get is why do rappers always call the person they sign them fake as soon as they dont get their album pressed i mean on a real note these dude are more like ? than anyone why would you complain when YOU know your not poppin like dat, i mean look at doughboyz cashout they got that single my life poppin. if they can create more bangers and get some people looking to purchase they singles like that you think jeezy would hold them back. hip hop is a money game, its chess on a financial level for you to invest in someone you need to appeal to the masses i hear that gibbs was poppin on mixtapes thats cool but on livemixtapes and datpiff how many of the listens equal a purchase. really like instead of callin jeezy a fake ? why dont gibbs ? ass get on his hustle. im ? sick of these ? ass rap ? callin people fake when they rappin, if you really bout that gang life go out and shoot some more crips go out and sell more keys instead of complain like a ? ?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my main issue with gibbs is he just thinks because he gangsta rapper that he can spit his gangsta ? and everyone should just go buy it and he will be a multi millionaire on the level of pac. if that doesnt happen then its always someone else's fault, never his.

being gangsta in the streets has nothing to do with being a top rap artist. he has not differentiated himself in any way, he is not charismatic, he makes decent enough music but he doesn't stand out that much. he has to work on crafting a better identity that people can relate to, cause this gangsta ? ain't working for him.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah.......

I really don't see how what he said is unbelievable, when I've never seen him say or do something that contradicts what he said in the interview.....
    Explain how he feels "stupid" for dissing MMG though...

really? i'd feel stupid dissing a ? just b/c i signed to another ? that I'm now calling fake...now you can choose to believe this ? if you want...i'm gonna stick with common sense and the fact that he's not even being real with his comments...you can't say i played the politics while at the same time saying you were keeping it real...then turnaround and admit i wasn't keeping it real but wants me to believe that now he's keeping it real...miss me with that ?

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly i respect gibbs lyrical ability from what ive heard i personally will not sit and listen to him talk cause hes nobody to me but one thing i really dont get is why do rappers always call the person they sign them fake as soon as they dont get their album pressed i mean on a real note these dude are more like ? than anyone why would you complain when YOU know your not poppin like dat, i mean look at doughboyz cashout they got that single my life poppin. if they can create more bangers and get some people looking to purchase they singles like that you think jeezy would hold them back. hip hop is a money game, its chess on a financial level for you to invest in someone you need to appeal to the masses i hear that gibbs was poppin on mixtapes thats cool but on livemixtapes and datpiff how many of the listens equal a purchase. really like instead of callin jeezy a fake ? why dont gibbs ? ass get on his hustle. im ? sick of these ? ass rap ? callin people fake when they rappin, if you really bout that gang life go out and shoot some more crips go out and sell more keys instead of complain like a ? ?

1.png