Is it fair to say the TOP 3 all time is MJ, Kobe, & Lebron.. when said & done

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm tired of every1comparing Bron and Kobe to MJ like any1 is ever going to give into that, I think what is fair to say that when its all said and done,... that Kobe and Lebron are in that top 3 all time right below MJ... no other players have been at the height the game to be compared to Jordan aside from Bron and Kobe... They have dominated at the top of their positions for 10+ years each... Lebron or Kobe might not get to number 1 but I dont think that its close to put any other player above either of the two... Lets be real there isnt 2 better players who've entered the league most talented and gifted than them... Sure, theres dudes with more mvps than Kobe or more rings than Bron but outside of Jordan there isnt two other athletes in the realms all time status..

so however way you want it, Bron over Kobe, Kobe over MJ, MJ over both at the same damn time... these are the 3 GOATS and im happy to have witnessed greatness

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar better than all 3 of them.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't ever ? mention Lebron's breath in the realm of the top 10 EVER again....

He'll ? own top 20, top 15 if he's lucky....

From anyone being objective and not stanning, top 10 is history forever.

3 worst finals performances ever by a Superstar player / #1 player on a team:

1) Lebron James - 2011
    2) Lebron James - 2013
    3) Lebron James - 2007

This isn't even debatable.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Neither Lebron or Kobe are close to Jordan there's a significant gap between MJ and both
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did lbj retire?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread #4935692847587348 like this. Damn KOBE aint even retire yet, Lebron still got half of his career left.

Stop.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron and Kobe aren't even in top 5 all time, let alone top 3! Stop with the foolishness. LeBron has a chance to be, but we'll see 6 - 8 years from now once his career is over.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron and Kobe are still playing. However Lebron from what I've seen, will not ? the top 10. His mental isn't strong enough and his basketball skills are shaky. Athleticism and physical advantages only take you so far. Dun has A LOT of work to do if he wants to ? the top 10.

Kobe is top 5 all-time easy, but he needs another ring or 2 and/or he needs to break Kareem's scoring record to be universally accepted as the GOAT.

Also, don't sleep on Kareem. Kareem > Jordan.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw

Kobe Bryant is borderline top 10. LeBron has still has a chance to be top 5
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just to make this more interesting.

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Duncan

who are the other 2-5 players better than LeBron that he can never surpass no matter what happens on Earth?
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Duncan

who are the other 2-5 players better than LeBron that he can never surpass no matter what happens on Earth?

LeBron has too many prime year left to determine his place in history, he could still go down in the top 3 when its all said and done. Kobe's legacy is pretty much cemented. He is at the end of his career coming off of major knee surgery, with a sub par coach and a borderline playoff squad
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Naw

Just curious, what do you base your top 10 on? I base my list on an approximate weight of 50% skills and 50% accolades/accomplishments. ...Kobe is top notch in both, so I don't get it.

There's not even 5 people seeing Kobe in both of those categories. ? , his 5 rings alone ? on 99% of the basketball players who ever played.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited June 2013
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »

LeBron has too many prime year left to determine his place in history, he could still go down in the top 3 when its all said and done. Kobe's legacy is pretty much cemented. He is at the end of his career coming off of major knee surgery, with a sub par coach and a borderline playoff squad

How many prime years does Lebron have left in your opinion? I see 3 max and then a huge drop kind of like what Wade is going through. ... But let's say he wins 2 more rings in the next 4 years (including this year) giving him 3 rings. He's still not top 3. ? even if he gets 3 more (4 total), he's still not top 3 all-time.

Russell- 11
    Kareem- 6
    Jordan - 6
    Kobe - 5
    Magic - 5
    Shaq- 4

So explain? How can dude become top 3? We all know skill-wise he's not seeing any of the guards listed, and we know he wasn't more dominate than any of the big men listed, so...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How many prime years does Lebron have left in your opinion? I see 3 max and then a huge drop kind of like what Wade is going through. ... But let's say he wins 2 more rings in the next 4 years (including this year) giving him 3 rings. He's still not top 3. ? even if he gets 3 more (4 total), he's still not top 3 all-time.

Russell- 11
    Kareem- 6
    Jordan - 6
    Kobe - 5
    Magic - 5
    Shaq- 4

So explain? How can dude become top 3? We all know skill-wise he's not seeing any of the guards listed, and we know he wasn't more dominate than any of the big men listed, so...

Thats going under the ASSUMPTION he only wins 3. He could win more or win less. If he does win 5-6 then that's how.
  • almighty breeze
    Options

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Duncan

sooo are u saying he's the 10th player added to the list of 9 i put up or nah
  • almighty breeze
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duh u ? , I said when its all said and done... Not today, WHEN can be 10-50 years from now, I'm saying these are the 3 highest glorified individual players in the NBA.... I already knew the Kareem is goat theme would start all of a sudden, I already knew the bill Russell thing would start, I knew everything you guys are saying now, LISTEN NOW (? !!!!!!!) when this game of basketball is over, not on rings nor MVPs or ur little things you guys come up with next the only two who have respectfully come close to MJ, not saying Kobe or LBj are even close yet, are the only 1s comparable to Mike, be honest dammit....Lebron might not be there yet but he's been projected top 5 DOA for. 4+ years now, Kobe has 5 rings and is probably the greatest clutch player all time we have ever seen to name a defense of case... When basketball is nomore Kobe, MJ, and Bron should be the top 3 all time off accolade and ability when said and done.
  • almighty breeze
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited June 2013
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Russell- 11
    Kareem- 6
    Jordan - 6
    Kobe - 5
    Magic - 5
    Shaq- 4

Thats going under the ASSUMPTION he only wins 3. He could win more or win less. If he does win 5-6 then that's how.

True, if he wins 6 or more, I can see him being top 5. As long as he wins them on some star level ? . None of that Robert Horry ? .

But if he wins that much, he'll probably be universally accepted (by the media) as the GOAT.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    in b4 the lock...
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw

Just curious, what do you base your top 10 on? I base my list on an approximate weight of 50% skills and 50% accolades/accomplishments. ...Kobe is top notch in both, so I don't get it.

There's not even 5 people seeing Kobe in both of those categories. ? , his 5 rings alone ? on 99% of the basketball players who ever played.

Based on YOUR OWN criteria, Kobe is not greater than any of the aforementioned...

Jordan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Big O
    Duncan
    West
    Moses
    Lebron

Highly debateable:
    Karl
    Barkley

• buttuh_b
    Options
    Dude said Charles Barkley better than Kobe. ? yourself.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Reading is fundamental. I said its debateable if Barkley is greater, which it certainly is.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Reading is fundamental. I said its debateable if Barkley is greater, which it certainly is.

? yourself.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya ? be talking about the same ? ever day ya acting like ya know these ? personally
This discussion has been closed.