Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Better than avengers yay or nay...and don't give me that its two totally different movies bs keep it real those that seen it
    Man of steel is better than Avengers.
    I would put it second as movie but Zod and the other Kryptonians were better villains.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So was zod represented as a true threat ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't like The Avengers so I won't be surprised if I end up enjoying this better.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the villains in avengers were weak though lol
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    So was zod represented as a true threat ?

When I went to look at man of steel I didn't look at any trailers besides the one they showed before dark Knight rises was in movies and when I was watching the NBA finals and they would show a trailer I would changed the channel.

This General Zod is way more determined and maniacal then the one in those other movies.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how so far all DC's movies are more serious (nolan's Batman and i hear the vibe from MoS is serious as well). Avengers was cool as hell but i think they tried too hard for laughs. If something/someone is coming to destroy the entire planet or enslave everyone on it, we dont go time for no laughs!
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I like how so far all DC's movies are more serious (nolan's Batman and i hear the vibe from MoS is serious as well). Avengers was cool as hell but i think they tried too hard for laughs. If something/someone is coming to destroy the entire planet or enslave everyone on it, we dont go time for no laughs!

I do agree with this.The movie had zero cheesiness which I was glad.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One major reason I don't like im3 and even avengers had alittle more comedy than it should hopefully with them brining in the boss of bosses thanos that changes but so far DC movie villains>marvel movie villains
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ok before yall crucify me, know that these are my opinions.

So i just saw man of steel and im going to give it a B-

Why a B?

Because it was so damn boring. If it wasnt for the fight with Faora Hu-Ul, and the zod fight this movie would suck so bad.

I get this is an origin movie however It was missing something.

maybe it was the forced so soon lois lane romance?

Was it that they kinda ignored that clark kent is an identity?

i dunno this movie was okay but not good..its missing something and over time i will figure out what.

What I did like about the movie was the darker take on supes, and the battles...I had a big ole watermelon grin during those cause they were so good, and they showed why supes has to hold back but the casual movie goer wont see why.

however the one thing that i cant forgive is
    Superman doesnt ? , wtf....thats a flaw in his character along with bats

and i guess there will be no braniac next movie if there is one, we will get lex again...how dull..

the guy who played superman was excellent..one of the best i can put him next to reid, but clark kent..RIP bro...they ? that up
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    just got back from the comic book resources superman forum and someone posted this that sums up my view of the movie

"Just saw it.

Did it suck? No.

Did I come out of the cinema feeling particularly moved, excited or considering going to see it again as soon as possible? No.

It's alright. But it's kind of the definition of alright. It never really grabs you. It's just stuff... happening.

There's actually an odd parallel with Superman Returns. Whilst I spent most of that movie desperately wanting to see Routh's Superman actually kick some ass, it never really happened. Man of Steel has Caville's Superman kicking pretty much everything that moves, but there was a never a point when I especially cared (aside from occasionally wondering about his lack of concern about collateral damage).

6.5/10"
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RT score dropping more. Now down to 67% which is 10% less than "Superman Returns".

If them ? think the last Superman movie was better than this, they smoking on kryptonian crystals.

texas409 wrote: »
    Better than avengers yay or nay...and don't give me that its two totally different movies bs keep it real those that seen it

It's 2 totally different movies bro.I'll explain later.

This ^^ I think is the difference between marvel movies and dc's.
    Marvel makes "superhero" movies and dc (with the Batman series) makes good movies....with a superhero in it.

I think this was most pronounced when u compare iron man 1 vs Batman that summer they both came out.

Ironman was the better superhero movie to me and Batman was just a great ass movie..

No a superhero movie doesn't always have to b campy, family friendly, colorful movie....but I do think it should b a somewhat....feel-good movie; u know inspire the imagination and all that.

Superman was Great...like others I think it was missing something, supes seems like a problematic character to put on a movie screen and dc just threw $200milli at the problem and took the best results.

Back to my other point, the original Christopher Reeves supes was both a great movie and a great superhero movie..

These dc ? be mad serious not to say that means marvels r 2 jokey but look when a tragedy happens irl....people joke about it. If not in public definitely on the blogs with a certain cynicism that tony stark represents, c what I'm saying?!

Even though avengers has it's serious moments it never takes itself 2 seriously and toes the line between : action, comedy, suspense and drama.

Which is what I feel it should b doing for it's genre.

Dc movies of late take themselves 2 seriously (even though comics can b serious) which prolly is Schumacher's fault but oh well.

Overall, I young gns liked this movie idt it was better than avengers-even though it would be cool to c supes against the same villains-but it was a great movie.

Destruction of metropolis>>>>destruction of Manhattan, GOT DAYUM.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok just got done seeing it.....definitely not Goat status but a good movie. Had its cheesy parts but it was a good comic movie. Zod was a maniac but he had no other choice you'll see what I mean when you watch. Superman couldn't be f'd with literally so he handled his. But my only gripe was Lois. She could have been removed from the movie and it wouldn't have mattered. That romantic love interest bit in this movie felt dry and took away potential action scenes
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was never a fan of superman. just couldnt get into his story
    im not a fan of comics so idk how accurate the movie was compared to them
    this movie looked dope so i gave it a chance. all i can say is to the unbias viewer as myself, this was a good ass movie

oh, and supermans moms can get the D
    both of them......

yeah ? i said it
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    movie was extremely wack. they should sell supermans right to marvel so they can finally get it right
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    yea supes mom on krypton looked better than the chick who played lois lane
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just watched it thought it was dope and the pace was great...the love part i thought they did it backwards but w.e Batman I'm this universe will be great
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    i liked how they did it tho cuz they cut all the bs love sporty out to get straight to the point/action
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    supes mom and the evil ? were bad
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought avengers captain America where just alright movies. Didnt want to see them again. I'm at the theatre right now.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    supes mom and the evil ? were bad

I thought it was just me.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    how long was this movie...? felt short to me...i liked the flash back concept... ? got really real when Zod said i was born to hone my skills where did you train? a farm?! or something to that effect, evil ? was ? ? up damn near stole the show lol....? was goat
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [qoute]Destruction of metropolis>>>>destruction of Manhattan, GOT DAYUM.[/quote]

LMAO!! ? , I literally said "This is gonna cost the taxpayers a lot of money". Lol! Ain't no way in world there were survivors after that damn fight.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the majority of female characters being better looking than the leading lady lois lane