Tupac Shakur to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Options
_Menace_
_Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in The Reason
Nice! The Hollywood Walk of Fame committee announced its 2014 honorees in a ceremony today featuring Jennifer Lopez, who received a star. The latest group of entertainers whose names will grace Hollywood Boulevard includes Giancarlo Esposito and Rickey Smiley for their achievements in television, as well as a posthumous honor for Tupac Shakur in recording.

Legendary songwriting/producing team Holland-Dozier-Holland were also honored in music. Of note, there were no black honorees in film.

Rounding out the honorees to receive stars in 2014 are Orlando Bloom, Ray Dolby, Sally Field, Jack Harris, Jessica Lange, Matthew McConaughey, Liam Neeson, Paul Mazursky and Tom Sherak for film; Dabney Coleman, Kaley Cuoco, Claire Danes, Deidre Hall, Cheryl Hines, Don Mischer, and Phil Hartman (posthumous) for TV, and Katy Perry and Rick Springfield in music.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/hollywood-walk-of-fame-announces-2014-honorees-giancarlo-esposito-rickey-smiley-tupac-shakur

2Pac.jpg

tumblr_mbul59oITy1rbsoeeo1_1280.jpg

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout got dang time!
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definetly deserves it.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lonestarg
    Options
    Now how many more years for Biggie!?

• _Menace_
    Options
    lonestarg wrote: »

I dont think Big had enough body of work.
    Look how long it took Pac to get on Diddy got his in 08 I'm sure since Pac got one hes gonna try getting BIG one.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Dr.Dre
    Nas
    Jay and Snoop/Cube need one
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    thats big no pun
  • lonestarg
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Look how long it took Pac to get on Diddy got his in 08 I'm sure since Pac got one hes gonna try getting BIG one.

U kno Puffs gonna bacc door and try and get big 1 and the body of work means nothing compared to the impact he left besides u do know Y some celebs get theres before others ryye!? There basically paying for they own star and gotta bring up there argument to a committee so i dont see no problem in BIG gettin' 1.. eventually.. when Puff wants to get to it
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I just Goat'd the thread starter, prolly the only and last time, all good tho, PAC= G.O.A.T, so it's fitting.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Dre
    Nas

Dre snoop and jay will get 1 nas will Never get a star!
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Menace
    No doubt Cube should get one next. Homie done paid his dues to Hollywood

• _Menace_
    Options

U kno Puffs gonna bacc door and try and get big 1 and the body of work means nothing compared to the impact he left besides u do know Y some celebs get theres before others ryye!? There basically paying for they own star and gotta bring up there argument to a committee so i dont see no problem in BIG gettin' 1.. eventually.. when Puff wants to get to it

Biggie can easily get one.

I wanna know how Britney Spears/JLO and Ketty Perry got one but

Whitney and Mariah dont
  • lonestarg
    Options
    Dr.Dre
    Nas

nas will Never get a star!

Damn ether! Fk up! But hadta laugh

• Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    I can't see The tears comin down my eyes, so i gotta make this post cry.
  • lonestarg
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

Them dum bitchies payed for theres while mariah n the late, great Whitney were probably n r still waiting to be nominated and get acclaim wit out dishin outa pocket
  • international
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

Why can biggie easily get one?
  • _Menace_
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

Cause Pac got one and Diddy will pay to get BIG one.
  • international
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

So cuz PAC got one, big should to? Lmaooo, y'all ? me, Big doesn't deserve one, and I like Big, but everything PAC gets don't mean Big should too, smh...
  • international
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

So cuz PAC got one, big should to? Lmaooo, y'all ? me, Big doesn't deserve one, and I like Big, but everything PAC gets don't mean Big should too, smh...
  • lonestarg
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

Regardless wether u feel he deserves 1 or not the majority of ppl goin to say he does deserve 1 jus bcuz of Pac gettn 1.. n y hate on da man gettn 1 if anything we need mo ? like this not no negativety toward it
  • international
    edited June 2013
    Options

Whitney and Mariah dont

Regardless wether u feel he deserves 1 or not the majority of ppl goin to say he does deserve 1 jus bcuz of Pac gettn 1.. n y hate on da man gettn 1 if anything we need mo ? like this not no negativety toward it

PAC was like a rock star, had a massive impact on the music world, a very promising acting career and prominent on the activist scene too...

Big had 2 albums.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kim Kardashian will have one..this ? lost all meaning