Spinoff: Who cares if Drake is soft

Options
Undefeatable
Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
I get the impression that people are still dissing Drake as a "soft ? ."*

What I want to say is: who cares? Everybody doesn't have to be hard. Not even all rappers.

In fact, it's worse than that. Criticizing people as soft encourages them to be hard, and it should be clear from where that got us in the 90s and 2000s that this is counterproductive. The tough-guy persona that you dudes venerate has not, and will not, get blacks anywhere. What we need is mental toughness, intelligence and unwearying determination. As black men, the whole world often seems against us. There is something to that perception. But we will not succeed by being hard. Being hard is not going to make you graduate summa ? laude, become a doctor, tell you what you need to run a successful legal business or become a stockbroker, for example. This should be obvious by now.

So quit it with this "he soft" nonsense. I thought we were off that. We should be.

*Note: I'm not a fan of Drake. I'm just using him to make my point.

Comments

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who cares? ? ? .

this man is an actor turned rapper who just so happens to be good. sounds like hate to me.

my theory is that 'Drake' is just another character for him to play. so, yea, he sounds all mushy n ? , but that's just to get YO ? . i don't see how no one else has thought of that.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't listen to him, so his sexual orientation is irrelevant to me.nh
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread! FOF! Drake is a great rapper and actor. He is the next Will Smith.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    People are not reading.

803616.gif
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    when people say drake is soft they mean he is not masculine enough
    men should be men and men are meant to be masculine in all areas.

Drake cries and begs for ? in his music, he is the hip-hop equivalent of a cockhold a better term for him would be the jamaican word gyal-clown.

There are levels of manhood we need them all, BUT TOO MANY of us are stuck in teenage-hood the tuff ruff beat your chest stage of life all boys should pass through.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I try to ? ? , not hang out with them. SO would I wanna listen to a ? ?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @undefeatable what is it about my comments that you disagree with.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares if Drake is soft?

Hating ass dudes that are mad that someone so 'soft' is making hella cash, unlike their broke ? .

I like Drake.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comeback Season > any Drake album..
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ the predictable female posts in this thread

nobody is really thinking about Drake like that
  • Undefeatable
    edited June 2013
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    @undefeatable what is it about my comments that you disagree with.

I don't think that's primarily what they mean. They mean he's too far from 50 cent or whoever the latest popular tough guy rapper is.

I see nothing about Drake's masculinity that is incompatible with the kind of characteristics that we as black men need in order to succeed in a hostile world. On the other hand these "hard ? " do have characteristics which will not get us anywhere.

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares if Drake is soft?

Hating ass dudes that are mad that someone so 'soft' is making hella cash, unlike their broke ? .

I like Drake.

I'd call dude soft to his face. ? his money. I'd rather have my dignity.
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Smh @ people giving me feelings.

If it's not clear, this thread is about race progress, about what kind of characteristics we as black men need in order to succeed and so be able to help take the race where it needs to be.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all know simp niggahs and trick niggahs from our hometown's... Drake reminds me of them...how is that hate? He just that weak ? ... But now he a weak ? with money so vision is obscured to most
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    This is the key point fellas:

I see nothing about Drake's masculinity that is incompatible with the kind of characteristics that we as black men need in order to succeed in a hostile world. On the other hand these "hard ? " do have characteristics which will not get us anywhere.