The Official Playstation 4 Thread - 55 Million Sold! PS4 VR almost 1 million sold

Options

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For anyone who still needs to preorder:

Gamestop:

9kFLWzs.jpg

Amazon:
    Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4.

We are writing to inform you that we received additional PlayStation 4 "Launch Day Edition" consoles and have upgraded your order from the "Standard Edition." We've also upgraded your shipping speed to free Release-Day Delivery at no cost to you. This means you'll receive your order the day the console is released (the two editions are identical other than the release-day promise).

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order. Thank you again for your order.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Gamestop:

9kFLWzs.jpg

Amazon:

We are writing to inform you that we received additional PlayStation 4 "Launch Day Edition" consoles and have upgraded your order from the "Standard Edition." We've also upgraded your shipping speed to free Release-Day Delivery at no cost to you. This means you'll receive your order the day the console is released (the two editions are identical other than the release-day promise).

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order. Thank you again for your order.

only thing stopping me from pre-ordering now is I'm waiting to see what other bundles come out. I'm set on the Watchdogs bundle right now, but something better might drop.

plus, we into Carnival season and we be partying from now til the second weekend in August and cash gonna be tight. lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    It is relevant to playing games as more and more these days the UI is used in conjunction with games. Eg sharing and media features.

The future. Embrace it.

? get out of here. lol The aesthetics of the UI don't affect gaming in any way shape and form, and the PS4 already streamlines sharing beyond the UI so that's a moot point.

Ya'll are really reaching. There has to be a better way to dickride M$ than this ? .

Did I mention aesthetics you dumb ? ? I'll knock you the ? out.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all nights is trippin
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    focus wrote: »

Gamestop:

9kFLWzs.jpg

Amazon:

only thing stopping me from pre-ordering now is I'm waiting to see what other bundles come out. I'm set on the Watchdogs bundle right now, but something better might drop.

plus, we into Carnival season and we be partying from now til the second weekend in August and cash gonna be tight. lol

cs
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Where my nights at?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I get a next gen I'm probably gone end up going back to Sony anyways but I won't be getting the bundle. I'll wait at least of year before I get another system though.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Where my nights at?

We right here night
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like how the earpiece connects to the controller...and in the box.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is relevant to playing games as more and more these days the UI is used in conjunction with games. Eg sharing and media features.

The future. Embrace it.

? get out of here. lol The aesthetics of the UI don't affect gaming in any way shape and form, and the PS4 already streamlines sharing beyond the UI so that's a moot point.

Ya'll are really reaching. There has to be a better way to dickride M$ than this ? .

What else would you be talking about when you say the UI looks bad, ? . But what would I expect from somebody resorting to tough talk on the internet?

• Karl.
    edited June 2013
    Options

The future. Embrace it.

What else would you be talking about when you say the UI looks bad, ? . But what would I expect from somebody resorting to tough talk on the internet?

Aesthetics is the way it looks etc. I didn't once say "it looks bad".

I'm talking about the way it works and how it interacts with games etc.

Smh @ you think the XMB was the ? because you downloaded a custom hello kitty skin.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Preordered an Xbox today. The guy said I can swap it for a PS4 preorder at any point just in case.
  • Karl.
    Options
    They also said they will give me a call in the future to see what bundle I would like.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The future. Embrace it.

Aesthetics is the way it looks etc. I didn't once say "it looks bad".

I'm talking about the way it works and how it interacts with games etc.

Smh @ you think the XMB was the ? because you downloaded a custom hello kitty skin.

It looks like the interface have easy access to everything you need to me. If your problem is with the functionality of the UI, what specifically is wrong with it and how will it detract from the gaming?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    PS4 Cross-Game Chat Won’t Require a PlayStation Plus Subscription

As you might have already known, Cross-Game Chat will be available on the PlayStation 4. However, with the announcement that a PlayStation Plus subscription will be required to engage in online multiplayer, you might have been wondering where that leaves Cross-Game Chat. Well, fortunately the latest episode of PlayStation Access has the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JvGezGA_-c&feature=player_embedded

Cross-Game Chat will not be held behind the PlayStation Plus paywall, meaning you can chat all you want with your friends without a Plus subscription. If you are a Plus member, that membership will apply to all accounts on the system thus allowing everyone to play multiplayer.

Media apps such as Netflix and Flixster, Automatic Updates, and certain free-to-play games also won’t require that you have PlayStation Plus to use them.

Finally, games within the Instant Game Collection for the PlayStation 4 will be switched out on a monthly basis, similar to how it’s currently set up on the PS3 and Vita right now. #Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition will be the first game in the Instant Game Collection at the PS4′s launch. This version of #Driveclub will come with all of the features that the standard edition does, minus some cars and tracks. Outlast, Don’t Starve, and The Secret Ponchos will be joining the Instant Game Collection soon after.

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I preordered the Watch Dog bundle.
  • JosephSunXS
    JosephSunXS Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn. if I would of known how much my ps3 would of cost to fix, I would of just waited for ps4.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously, if either one of these consoles is loud as ? imma be ? . The original 360 can heat a whole room, real talk. The PS4 looks better, but i'm trying to figure out how that ? vents? I've read impressions that said the XBOX One is quiet, which I believe cause most of the system is vented (half the top, both sides) and cause M$ wants it to be on at all times in the living room.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn. if I would of known how much my ps3 would of cost to fix, I would of just waited for ps4.

loss

guy-in-wheelchair-owned.gif

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony has more exclusives to be shown at gamescon
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S4 vs Xbox One - Sony winning war of numbers
    Posted June 24th, 2013 at 12:11 EDT by PSU Staff7 Comments
    Until both Sony and Microsoft’s next-generation of consoles launch and we get to spend some quality time with them, one of the only ways to judge PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is through the war of numbers and specifications that both parties have thrown at us.

In terms of specifications, Sony appears to be on top though it's really going to dependon how much developers push the technology on both platforms. Take a look at price, PS4 wins hands-down coming in considerably cheaper than the Xbox One. Examine the exclusives and new franchises and once again Sony comes up trumps.

While Microsoft will release 15 exclusives and eight new IPs within Xbox One’s first year, Sony claims it will have 20 PS4 exclusives with twelve new IPs in year one.

At E3 earlier this month, Sony revealed a host of exclusive titles including Killzone: ShadowFall, The Order: 1886, inFamous: Second Son and Driveclub, but that’s just the beginning . At GamesCom, which is held in Germany each year, it looks like Sony plans to showcase the second round of PlayStation exclusive titles.

Speaking with Gamesreactor, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO Jim Ryan said “there’s a lot more coming” and told readers that more will be revealed at GamesCom.

"I’m sure you heard from [SCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has—just his studios—he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP, “ said Ryan.

"So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans—we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?"

The PS4 and Xbox One is due to release later this year, with rumours suggesting a November launch date. Do numbers matter to you? Which console will you be buying?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Chew Your Nails Through Ten Minutes of Outlast Footage on PS4
    Posted Fri 21st Jun 2013 09:45 by Sammy Barker

Prepare to jump
    650x.jpg
    Between the upcoming The Evil Within and Daylight, the PlayStation 4 is already shaping up to be a particularly petrifying haunted home for survival horror. Outlast – the upcoming scare ‘em up from Red Barrels – looks poised to add to that, serving up a terrifying first-person jaunt through an abandoned asylum.
    This gameplay video shows off ten minutes of the frightening affair, as you creep and climb through dark corridors praying that the batteries in your camcorder don’t expire. We really like the heavy use of motion blur, which helps to create the illusion of life through a knock-off Bloggie. This one’s probably not for the fainthearted, though. If you thought that the hyenas from The Lion King were scary, you might want to look away now.
    http://youtu.be/q540p295R7k
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did people know PS3 outsold 360? It's posted on gamespot.... They said it happened a couple of months ago.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did people know PS3 outsold 360? It's posted on gamespot.... They said it happened a couple of months ago.

I'd go to gamespot and look but I've come down with a bad case of whogivesafuckitis.

• joshuaboy
    Options

Why is this relevant though?