Fat Joe gets 4 months in jail.

Options
sapo614
sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
So much for a carefree summer ... Fat Joe has just been ordered to spend 4 months behind bars for failing to pay more than $1 MILLION in income taxes.As TMZ previously reported, Joe (real name Joseph Cartagena) pled guilty back in December to stiffing Uncle Sam on a boatload of taxes for the years 2007 and 2008.He originally faced up to two years in the slammer for the crime -- but today, the rapper was sentenced to just 4 months in prison, a $15,000 fine, and one-year supervised release. He's scheduled to report to prison by August 26.Not so bad all things considered.

Comments

• Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does he still have to pay the 1 million?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    "These feds want me for some Tax evasion/ now that the fact someone's getting lucci that's not Caucasian"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftv6ydXy_5U
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jayloveboogie
    jayloveboogie Members Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    Options
    fat joe can handle 4 months it's not like he's getting 1 to 3 yrs
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    He definitely has to pay, the government want they money
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he goin to prison? i bet he wishes his nickname wasnt joey ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's probably gonna go to country club jail

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta pay uncle sam!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow. that mother ? got off light.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont be in jail, talking about i be in jail
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont need to be a CPA to know that half of yours is theirs once you making millions. Pay your ? in installments, freedom is the better than any chain, real estate that you bought with their $
  • ipodman
    ipodman Members Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Options
    i seen a interview where if i remember right he said he paid em. might have been a vlad interview not for sure
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 months is actually light compared to what Wesley snipes got
  • Mr_Kennedy
    Mr_Kennedy Members Posts: 13
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    SMMFH rappers need to find better financial advisors, ? should NOT be going to jail for ? like this. You know what it is tho ? A lot of these clubs pay rappers in cash to do a show, and when they report it on their books for their taxes the IRS knows what went where, rappers on the other hand think that b/c they get it in cash it's not 'taxable' SMMFH. Another thing too is that rappers who live in certain states and tour another think that if they live in Florida & make 100k in NY it's subject to Florida tax laws - nope. If you live in Florida and you make 100k in NY you got to report to both districts (& if memory serves me you have to pay the State of NY taxes too). Of course it depends on what exactly it is you do to earn your money but this is a very common issue many athletes and entertainers get in trouble with and should not be.

This is some ? , Joe shouldn't have been hemmed up for something so petty like this. Somebody on his team dropped the ball.

Yo I co-signed your post because you're spot on. I also wrote an article on Hip-Hop and the tax issues they always face.
    hip-hop-tax-featured-940x529.jpg

It has also been an eventful time for the Hip-Hop industry and paying taxes. Or lack thereof. Yesterday (24th June 2013) saw Joseph Cartagena a.k.a Fat Joe sentenced to 4 months in federal prison and also fined $15,000 for failure to file tax returns on more than $3.3 million in income. Joey ? isn’t the only one in the Hip-Hop industry to have their collar felt by the IRS.

We are going to look back at 10 Hip-Hop artists who have had their run-ins with the IRS.

Article continued here: http://thekoalition.com/2013/06/10-hip-hop-artists-fat-joe-tax-evasion/

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How he gone eat?
  • Therecanonlybeone
    Therecanonlybeone Members Posts: 400
    Options
    4 months aint ? ..
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BRUSE WAYNE GRACING US WITH HIS PRESENCE !!!!!!!!!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    "These feds want me for some Tax evasion/ now that the fact someone's getting lucci that's not Caucasian"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftv6ydXy_5U

When it comes to not paying taxes they don't care what race you are. They coming after you
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch him get all brolic when he comes out.

Ain't ? to do but lose weight and build muscle. Jail can be good sometimes.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    SMMFH rappers need to find better financial advisors, ? should NOT be going to jail for ? like this. You know what it is tho ? A lot of these clubs pay rappers in cash to do a show, and when they report it on their books for their taxes the IRS knows what went where, rappers on the other hand think that b/c they get it in cash it's not 'taxable' SMMFH. Another thing too is that rappers who live in certain states and tour another think that if they live in Florida & make 100k in NY it's subject to Florida tax laws - nope. If you live in Florida and you make 100k in NY you got to report to both districts (& if memory serves me you have to pay the State of NY taxes too). Of course it depends on what exactly it is you do to earn your money but this is a very common issue many athletes and entertainers get in trouble with and should not be.

This is some ? , Joe shouldn't have been hemmed up for something so petty like this. Somebody on his team dropped the ball.

Joe said flat out that's what happened and that's how alot of people get caught up. Most simply trust the people they hire to handle stuff like this and he was on the unfortunate end of hiring people who ? up
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fat joe is a snitch though,he has paperwork on him.

I'm surprised he owed that much considering he sells nooooo ? records whatsoever anymore.prolly gets club dates still.

I thought he moved to florida though?
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont need to be a CPA to know that half of yours is theirs once you making millions. Pay your ? in installments, freedom is the better than any chain, real estate that you bought with their $

I know right,like how many emcees and industry cats lost their ? in the forty years of hip hops existence.

And cats still spend mad dough on jewels,whips and ? like that.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    So much for a carefree summer ... Fat Joe has just been ordered to spend 4 months behind bars for failing to pay more than $1 MILLION in income taxes.As TMZ previously reported, Joe (real name Joseph Cartagena) pled guilty back in December to stiffing Uncle Sam on a boatload of taxes for the years 2007 and 2008.He originally faced up to two years in the slammer for the crime -- but today, the rapper was sentenced to just 4 months in prison, a $15,000 fine, and one-year supervised release. He's scheduled to report to prison by August 26.Not so bad all things considered.

Nelson.jpg
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should've released another Big Pun album