Options
    Why would Jay drop an album on 4of July? Every store is going to be closed
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Ye's album basura
    Coles was ok -7.5/10. I would've took out the skits, runaway, chaining day, trouble

cosign homes had way too many songs he could have tightened it up and cut it to 12 songs or so

? you know about that, get back to trolling ?

lol your calling me a troll and ? ? yet you dickride for strench montana and other wack nyc artists and you make shocks threads that backfire about artists like jay-z every other week lmao whos the homosexual troll again?

you dickride me ? , lmaooo@ how in touch and up to date you try to stay with what I do on here, your stannery knows no bounds, mad ? ...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's acting like Ye was in the position where he couldn't get the right promotion.. or couldn't get any radio spins. Kanye chose not to do huge numbers, and thats how we should look at it. He didn't care about pushing major units, and thats exactly what happend. He didn't flop, but 300K for him is a gimmie. Those rave reviews ain't matching up. I'm not hating tho.. he's still one of the GOATs

Props to J.Cole tho.. This ? is winning right now!
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Why would Jay drop an album on 4of July? Every store is going to be closed

That's why it's being released through the Samsung app on the 4th. It won't be available in stores until July 7.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope outsources some of the production on the next album. 290k first week is big, congrats to Cole
    Me too. I hope he pulls a Kanye and brings in songs by other producers and co-producers on the ? he does. some of his best ? is co-produced with elite
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With Mac Miller being on a smaller label...looks like he might have come out on top
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ye's album basura
    Coles was ok -7.5/10. I would've took out the skits, runaway, chaining day, trouble

cosign homes had way too many songs he could have tightened it up and cut it to 12 songs or so

lol your calling me a troll and ? ? yet you dickride for strench montana and other wack nyc artists and you make shocks threads that backfire about artists like jay-z every other week lmao whos the homosexual troll again?

you dickride me ? , lmaooo@ how in touch and up to date you try to stay with what I do on here, your stannery knows no bounds, mad ? ...

dickriding is making 10 threads about stench montana and excuse my flop. Im not out here making international threads and ? im just calling ? like i see it thats being honest not a dickrider. however the way you ride for wack nyc rappers is mad lame and suspect.

• soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ye's album basura

dickriding is making 10 threads about stench montana and excuse my flop. Im not out here making international threads and ? im just calling ? like i see it thats being honest not a dickrider. however the way you ride for wack nyc rappers is mad lame and suspect.

that's some funny ? .....lol
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ye's album basura

You seem to know a whole lot about dickriding, you shameless dickrider, smh...You also got a ? name on your mouth so much, that your supposed to hate, yet this thread ain't got nothing to do with I'm, but you feel the need to bring him, tat ? clearly stays on your mind, mad ? . Disgusting.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Aight yall ? chill lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Props to Ye and Cole even though Ye just dropped the worst album of his career.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    Of course Colebrook eventually out sell ye. You can't put out no album with no promo especially after the release. Q

Kanye is a Hip Hop heavyweight tho. The music should sell itself.

Lol nah bruh. It's people who still don't even know he released an album.

Like who? The day it leaked was one of the highest populated days in The Reason Ive seen in a looong time. I know u seen Twitter blow up when it happened. Hell they were talkin about it on my "white based" sports talk radio station the day it dropped. How they know? Cause its Kanye West

Do you really think he would've sold the same if he actively tried to promote it like he did with MBDTF

Yes I do If not less cause more ppl would realize how wack the ? was. Pretty sure he/DefJam didnt promote it for that reason.

The promotion behind his last and album and this is night and day. With him having a baby right around the same time, I don't think he was too worried about doing big numbers this go round. The cd didn't even have a jacket with it or album cover for that matter

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great job! You did it
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Those numbers are not really impressive. Kanye is supposed to be pushing a million a week like Wayne does. Drake went gold first week back to back and Cole does half that. Both these album will fizzle out before reaching gold. Both of these ? just came off platinum albums. From a business stand point these are not good ROI numbers for million selling artist. Kanye flopped and Cole numbers should of been higher.

True, but Kanye probably didn't spend nearly as much on marketing. The label probably invested less in his album, so even if he has lower sales, he's probably making more back than J. Cole, who's been pumping singles and videos for probably months.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully people learned to stop doubtin cole after this.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Musically I doubt Cole more than I did before
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ye's album basura

stench montana dies, he dies. lol no bcotton

• GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeezus is trash imo. Bound and blood on the leaves (that drop halfway through the song is vicious) are the only two songs I still bump from that album. I still feel he didn't do Bound justice though. Ye proved that he's in the upper echelon with this no promotion stunt pulled. Very few cats can do that and still sell 300,000...very few. Dope "less is more" concept but the album is still doo doo grits, what a shame.

Born Sinner is good but took me a few listens. I honestly think it's a album that his fans appreciate. Crazy how he killed that New York Times track and he's from the South. You got dudes like French and Asap from NY that could never drop a gem like that.

I listened to Mac Millers joint and it was a little to trippy for me but I'll give credit when it's due. He cracked 100,000 on a indie label. Pulled a upset tbh and is the real one winning here. I'm happy though since I like rooting for the under dog. Improved lyrically (people are wondering if his TDE label mates ghostwrote for him, who knows) and the Loaded Lux feature was insane.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Ye's album basura

You seem to know a whole lot about dickriding, you shameless dickrider, smh...You also got a ? name on your mouth so much, that your supposed to hate, yet this thread ain't got nothing to do with I'm, but you feel the need to bring him, tat ? clearly stays on your mind, mad ? . Disgusting.

so your name is international? that's what your mom named you hahaha

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Hopefully people learned to stop doubtin cole after this.

in b4 day day comments about how he sold all those albums cause of his "simp single"

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeeeeezus number one album in the Worrrrrrrrrllld .....dayyyyyummmmm untouchable ...... The People Have Spoken!