Options
124»

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This ? is borderline superstitious.

One thing does not directly correlate to the other.

A ? working hard and living in a high crime neighborhood is likely to get his ass robbed, by a ? doin' the opposite.

Of course you can just as easily come up with a corresponding argument to support that theory but where's the direct correlation ?
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    if you're always getting ? ....then you must be ? ...

if you're always getting good things, you're obviously doing something right...

is this measure of accountability accurate, or are there other factors?

bro you talkin to a bunch of broke remedial job workin baby momma having creatures, which answer did you honestly expect??

yes, i am ? ?!?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    there's a million phrases and figures of speech that contradict eachother....

all i'm asking is if people agree with this one...

"The sword is mightier then the pen"
    "Action speaks louder then words"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl that are wealthy are scumbags cuz aint no way you can get that rich without ? over ppl.

And they living the good life.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ppl that are wealthy are scumbags cuz aint no way you can get that rich without ? over ppl.

And they living the good life.

survival of the fittest..
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du, you are not wrong. But you are not right either. Life is not black and white, you are implying there is a subjugated universal truth that holds a direct and predictable reaction for every action.

Analogy: Life does not flow as such "press this button and you will get this outcome".. it's more like "point in which direction you wish to take and observe the scenery on the road until you reach the next fork in the road". Except, you don't know what lies on that road. You decided to take this path because it looked safe and was pleasant to the eye, maybe you were told that just beyond this road lies an abundance of beautiful women with big ? prancing around in a rose garden with no top on. Unbeknownst to you, a lion just decided to walk down this road 10 minutes ago and he bout to maul the ? out you mid-way through your walk.

"You want it to be one way. But it's the other way."

I'll agree with you on this; a man is what he makes of himself. My existence is nothing more than the sum of my actions. But you make it seem like there is some type of karma system that you can play and gain life points, cash it in for a guaranteed reward. The best we can do is make calculated decisions, but on a large scope that doesn't create an instant definitive but rather a probability and a new sequence of events that you have to recalculate for. AKA nobody is entitled to nothing, whether good or bad, so just keep playing the hand you were dealt. Now, if we are talking about people who feel a sense of entitlement yet their effort and decisions do not reflect their desire, then your statement becomes true.

But perception also comes into play... a broke man can be content and happy most of his life while a rich man might be depressed most of his. Morality has nothing to do with either. For all we know, the happy broke dude could be the dead-beat jack ass and the depressed rich guy could be the most sincere and hardest working guy you ever met. Who made the smarter decisions in life? Truth is only relative.... this topic has too many variables to come to a definitive conclusion.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree.

This isnt an Easy ideology to live by because you would have to analyze your own shortcomings,but to me it is highly effective at bringing the best out of yourself.

Ive had moments of glory as well as shortcomings.

My moments of glory usually came from preparation and taking advantage of opportunities with confidence.

While my shortcomings came from lack of properly preparing myself...basically "lacking something"

Basicaly the ? I dont got be the ? I gotta take...or attain

But to attain it, I gotta be honest to myself when I dont got it.

Just my spin on it
  • supYo
    supYo Members Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its ?

people getting rich from selling drugs?

they good then?

little kids dying cause of bad sicknesses

cause they bad?

real karma will show up after u die...this life is fake
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du, you are not wrong. But you are not right either. Life is not black and white, you are implying there is a subjugated universal truth that holds a direct and predictable reaction for every action.

Analogy: Life does not flow as such "press this button and you will get this outcome".. it's more like "point in which direction you wish to take and observe the scenery on the road until you reach the next fork in the road". Except, you don't know what lies on that road. You decided to take this path because it looked safe and was pleasant to the eye, maybe you were told that just beyond this road lies an abundance of beautiful women with big ? prancing around in a rose garden with no top on. Unbeknownst to you, a lion just decided to walk down this road 10 minutes ago and he bout to maul the ? out you mid-way through your walk.

"You want it to be one way. But it's the other way."

I'll agree with you on this; a man is what he makes of himself. My existence is nothing more than the sum of my actions. But you make it seem like there is some type of karma system that you can play and gain life points, cash it in for a guaranteed reward. The best we can do is make calculated decisions, but on a large scope that doesn't create an instant definitive but rather a probability and a new sequence of events that you have to recalculate for. AKA nobody is entitled to nothing, whether good or bad, so just keep playing the hand you were dealt. Now, if we are talking about people who feel a sense of entitlement yet their effort and decisions do not reflect their desire, then your statement becomes true.

But perception also comes into play... a broke man can be content and happy most of his life while a rich man might be depressed most of his. Morality has nothing to do with either. For all we know, the happy broke dude could be the dead-beat jack ass and the depressed rich guy could be the most sincere and hardest working guy you ever met. Who made the smarter decisions in life? Truth is only relative.... this topic has too many variables to come to a definitive conclusion.

^^^^

I want to know who on the IC actually read all of this