Hip Hop Knowledge

Options

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea i read recently big mike did time for arson.it was over him dissing j prince and j had shooters light up his crib.

Jprince is worse than suge imo but at the same time smarter it seems.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Mobb thing was a direct shot Murray... his first album ahd a song about smoking with Martians or some ? ...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Any know if Suge actually took baseball bats to eazy just to get dre's release?
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    the Mobb thing was a direct shot Murray... his first album ahd a song about smoking with Martians or some ? ...

Unless you a joke rapper or make joke concepts like red or em used to then thats a stupid concept imo.

Devin the dude made a track like that and it was pretty stupid.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    I want to know how the beef between EPMD and Rakim started

I think they spoke about this on Combat Jack last year. Don't quote me, but if i remember correctly it wasn't nothing serious. They said they loved Rakim & it was only them playing the game were they were competing for a spot since both were from Long Island. Could be something else tho but who knows.

They talked about how they went at LL on "Rampage" tho, the song LL was featured on lol. Then they discussed about how LL didn't do the video or couldn't do the video & that's why they had some actor play him without showing his face.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    I remember that stupid ass video.i hated when mcs wouldnt collab back then.Like natural collaborations even didnt happen as much.

Epmd is sons of rakim imo.
  • CirocObama
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Mase was on Ruff Ryders prior to Bad Boy. They gave Mase & LOX to Puff & in turn he schooled them to the industry game & helped them with deals, directly or indirectly. Puff's connection with Dee, Waah and nem came through the Mt. Vernon link i guess. Alot of the Ruff Ryders cats either have history or are from Mt. Vernon. Plus from what i hear Mt. Vernon & Yonkers are pretty much clicked up. Diddy was born in Mt. Vernon & i'm assumg either went to school/hustled/hung out there later on. That's how & why LOX even got on Bad Boy & met him so early on.

Kinda funny when you think about it, huh? That is why DMX & Ruff Ryders blew the following year. Wasn't no coincidence. That was a genius way to introduce DMX tho cuz he was the straight polar opposite of the sound Mase & LOX were forced to do at the time.

Also, Eminem was extremely close to signing to Duck Down before he got on Interscope. Duck Down is the home of Boot Camp Clik etc. This is why he made a reference to them in songs like "Still Don't Give A ? " etc. with "I'm ducked the ? down" & so on. I forgot exactly what happened but i think he was adviced to sign to Interscope by his manager cuz of the machine that it was back then or something like that. I'll get back on that & post the rest later.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »

Unless you a joke rapper or make joke concepts like red or em used to then thats a stupid concept imo.

Devin the dude made a track like that and it was pretty stupid.

you talkin about zeldar?
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did camron beat up canibus.heard it in a lne then someone reported it.anyone know the story
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Did camron beat up canibus.heard it in a lne then someone reported it.anyone know the story

Blinky blink from harlem world beat up canibus at his own listening party.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Man mary j blige bought the lox to puffs attention.from what i know mase was with coc with cam and l and broke up when bloodshed died.

All them cats hang in harlem diddy went to school in mt vernon but his roots is harlem his daddy was a real gangster up there.

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    Yeah em was going to duckdown but aftermath got em more money at the last minute.? was a done deal.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UGK dissed The Roots in "Top Notch Hoes"

Camron averaged 30 points playing JUCO B-Ball...
  • LaRoacé
    LaRoacé Members Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruse wane lost his def jam deal cuz of hint of illuminaa.....I'm bullshittin that ? never had a chance
  • soulbrother
    Options
    I want to know how the beef between EPMD and Rakim started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRh_Njm4pS0

thank me later...
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why? Because of "What They Do?"

And that's crazy about the EPMD LL situation, I always figured they were talking about someone else, never knew they were dissin LL. That's probably where LL got the idea to diss people on tracks they were featured on lol

• soulbrother
    Options

Why? Because of "What They Do?"

And that's crazy about the EPMD LL situation, I always figured they were talking about someone else, never knew they were dissin LL. That's probably where LL got the idea to diss people on tracks they were featured on lol

Bingo!

? C
    What they do, What they do,
    ? was corny as ?
    you gets no play in that Texas
    Your ? don't bump in the truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkyd4Vklaq8
  • CirocObama
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Man mary j blige bought the lox to puffs attention.from what i know mase was with coc with cam and l and broke up when bloodshed died.

All them cats hang in harlem diddy went to school in mt vernon but his roots is harlem his daddy was a real gangster up there.

Who said anything about who brought the attention up to Diddy tho? I was talking about everything after. Who said i dont know that Diddy has roots in Harlem? I just said that the connection with Ruff Ryders came from there. Like Waah went to school in Mt. Vernon too. So ? you talking about bruh?

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone else other than UGK reacted to The Roots-What They Do too right? I forget who it was..
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The roots gave ? a lesson about this real hip hop ? :

http://youtu.be/_qzacv8dtb4
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cannibus said something about Mase and Blinky Blink little slick ? about that Rug Rats song and video with Mya.....

On this UGK dissing the Roots, Why would a Philly Rapper dissing Eastcoast williism offend a group from Texas? lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    someone else other than UGK reacted to The Roots-What They Do too right? I forget who it was..

Biggie had a couple subliminals aimed at them on Life After Death. Never called them out tho. I think there was more that was upset too.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »

Biggie had a couple subliminals aimed at them on Life After Death. Never called them out tho. I think there was more that was upset too.

Dang what were some of the sublims? I never caught any
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Damn all the ? suge did was insane and for nothing lost the entire company on some deadbeat ? .
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    All the ? on the westcoast that was whack as ? and people had issues with bigs music and image.

Lol kurtis blow ll cool j big daddy kane was wrapping about champagne girls and money way before big came along.

I never understood why people went at big.rap was supposed to stay in the pissy projects hallways and subway stations.

Lol.

Rip big.