black people need to stop the self hate.

Options

Comments

• Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with TS we have have to become united. I see so much division within our community. Light skin vs darkskin. African vs black etc. We ? each other more than white people ? us. Honestly we have a culture of "ratchetness" that seems to be accepted and it has to change.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, calling the ? that your race does is bringing black people down?

And not the actual people?

How does that make even sense?
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've always been a light sleeper... you're not gonna wake everybody up to this. some people are sleeping really good having nice dreams and all that, so let them stay sleep.

I guess my point is to the t/s, don't try and wake everybody up because it's just gonna make you look like a fool, but do try and wake up the people you link up with, rather it be friends or fam, then they can build upon it with the next person and so forth.

we don't have a black community, (maybe online somewhere) we have black neighborhoods/not communities,
    the culture does have to change but it starts with each individual first we cant just keep finger pointing, just do what you can in your own radius.
  • Real Lady2
    Real Lady2 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mainly black people in america..I don't know what it is. blacks in america have a terrible shame.. and the other countries who are effected by america's influence are the same way.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theyll never be unity here much less worldwide.stack paper and teach the youth.
  • young_reezy
    Options
    I think that's true all we can do is teach our youth that's why is important for our generation to break that cycle and remain in our childrens lives.

we all can sit back and talk about the problems facing black people all day, and some of the ? we contribute to.

but if we can at least give the next generation a foundation to build upon based on self pride and knowledge of self then I know we can put ourselves in a better position as a whole.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall definitely gotta stop saying allll black people
    there are PR blacks
    Samoan Blacks
    Haitian blacks
    we not a one trick pony
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped at "You don't never.."
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The main issue with blacks born in america...we have no real background outside of slavery...yes we have africa but that isn't ours in the way it's the africans that still live there..

We have ? like civil rights and affirmative action (in no way am i tryin to downplay any of that)

My point is american blacks have no real identity other than the one we've had to settle for post slavery..

In many ways we are homeless and still roaming the desert..we have a few things we pick up along the way but we really have nothing we can call our own..until we are able to build a nation seperate from what the whites have put in front of us, we'll continue to be lost and at war with each other
  • BelovedAfeni
    Options
    The main issue with blacks born in america...we have no real background outside of slavery...yes we have africa but that isn't ours in the way it's the africans that still live there..

We have ? like civil rights and affirmative action (in no way am i tryin to downplay any of that)

My point is american blacks have no real identity other than the one we've had to settle for post slavery..

In many ways we are homeless and still roaming the desert..we have a few things we pick up along the way but we really have nothing we can call our own..until we are able to build a nation seperate from what the whites have put in front of us, we'll continue to be lost and at war with each other

• Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

You're African, and Africa is yours, end of story. You have no ties because you've made the conscious decision not to.

You haven't even tried to learn, so why bother?
  • NIKE...
    Options
    Batman. wrote: »

You're African, and Africa is yours, end of story. You have no ties because you've made the conscious decision not to.

You haven't even tried to learn, so why bother?
    says the ? reppin a rich white man that fights crime in his underwear...foh ?

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bats has a point. Native Africans HATE African-Americans and stay looking down on us. Come to Crown Heights if you don't believe me.
  • NIKE...
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Bats has a point. Native Africans HATE African-Americans and stay looking down on us. Come to Crown Heights if you don't believe me.
    i seen it for myself too many times...that's why i say africa is for africans...our lineage is from africa but we're technically not african..we are black americans..of course as a whole we can claim africa as ours also but along with that should be some sense of responsibility to go back to africa and build there but is that the case? No..why? Bcuz the average black american can't identify with africans outside of skin color..

As I said, we have no real identity outside of being the ancestors of african slaves..

• Batman.
    Options
    Since when is Black, a race genius?
  • NIKE...
    Options
    Since when is Black, a race genius?
    smh..get lost creep
  • Batman.
    Options
    You said you're black american? What does that mean to you? Is black a race, or a colour? Or are you just a ? ?
  • NIKE...
    Options
    You said you're black american? What does that mean to you? Is black a race, or a colour? Or are you just a ? ?
    go troll somebody else fam..

• BelovedAfeni
    Options
    I definitely wouldnt call myself American
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so I can't believe in a lightskin gawdess?
  • Batman.
    Options

sad-baby.jpg
  • young_reezy
    Options
    Black americans are the indigenous americans. The transatlantic slave trade is nothing more than a fictional tale conjured up by europeans in an effort to decieve the original americans out of their homeland. Why would europeans go 4000miles to africa instead of using the people they'd just conquered? Why would africans use people as currency when their land is so rich in copper, silver, gold, & diamonds? What did they gain from the alleged trade? Use common sense & examine the artifacts
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black americans are the indigenous americans. The transatlantic slave trade is nothing more than a fictional tale conjured up by europeans in an effort to decieve the original americans out of their homeland. Why would europeans go 4000miles to africa instead of using the people they'd just conquered? Why would africans use people as currency when their land is so rich in copper, silver, gold, & diamonds? What did they gain from the alleged trade? Use common sense & examine the artifacts

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man u american negroes have issues.lol need to break that fatherless home cycle before anything.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skimmed thread ignorance in abundance not surprised