Hip Hop Knowledge

Options

Comments

• nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Man mary j blige bought the lox to puffs attention.from what i know mase was with coc with cam and l and broke up when bloodshed died.

All them cats hang in harlem diddy went to school in mt vernon but his roots is harlem his daddy was a real gangster up there.

Who said anything about who brought the attention up to Diddy tho? I was talking about everything after. Who said i dont know that Diddy has roots in Harlem? I just said that the connection with Ruff Ryders came from there. Like Waah went to school in Mt. Vernon too. So ? you talking about bruh?

sensitive thugs they all need hugs
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    Man mary j blige bought the lox to puffs attention.from what i know mase was with coc with cam and l and broke up when bloodshed died.

All them cats hang in harlem diddy went to school in mt vernon but his roots is harlem his daddy was a real gangster up there.

Who said anything about who brought the attention up to Diddy tho? I was talking about everything after. Who said i dont know that Diddy has roots in Harlem? I just said that the connection with Ruff Ryders came from there. Like Waah went to school in Mt. Vernon too. So ? you talking about bruh?

Swing & a miss by sosa.

Corny. Would be funnier you at least had something to back up those claims.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    Man mary j blige bought the lox to puffs attentipon.from what i know mase was with coc with cam and l and broke up when bloodshed died.

For real.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can anybody explain why Mack 10 and Ice Cube had beef?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The roots gave ? a lesson about this real hip hop ? :

http://youtu.be/_qzacv8dtb4

The original version with the subtitles: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hni_the-roots-what-they-do_music

Not sure why none of the youtube versions have the subtitles.

edit: I think I found out why

"Black Thought, Questlove and the rest of the Roots crew jumped ship from Geffen Records to Def Jam in 2005 after many disagreements with the Universal Music Group-owned label. And how did Geffen/UMG show how much they adore The Roots? They removed from the cut of the "What They Do" video that's currently on the co-owned-by-UMG VEVO and YouTube all of its funny, industry-critiquing subtitles. Way to ? the whole point of the "What They Do" video."

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »

Cube didnt wanna tour after the terroristic threats albbum and mac ten didnt wanna miss out on the money and got ? .

Cant blame him.

• nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    The roots gave ? a lesson about this real hip hop ? :

http://youtu.be/_qzacv8dtb4

The original version with the subtitles: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hni_the-roots-what-they-do_music

Not sure why none of the youtube versions have the subtitles.

edit: I think I found out why

"Black Thought, Questlove and the rest of the Roots crew jumped ship from Geffen Records to Def Jam in 2005 after many disagreements with the Universal Music Group-owned label. And how did Geffen/UMG show how much they adore The Roots? They removed from the cut of the "What They Do" video that's currently on the co-owned-by-UMG VEVO and YouTube all of its funny, industry-critiquing subtitles. Way to ? the whole point of the "What They Do" video."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmTPM4aUDW8

found it on their own youtube page

• CirocObama
    edited June 2013
    Options

Cube didnt wanna tour after the terroristic threats albbum and mac ten didnt wanna miss out on the money and got ? .

Cant blame him.

False. It had something to do with Mack 10 or one of his boys either jumping or beating up Cube's wife's brother or something like that in Vegas or some ? . That's why he calls it "family issues", cuz it literally was.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did scarface & dmx have beef at one point & if so why?
  • CirocObama
    edited June 2013
    Options

Where did you hear that or what made you assume that? Honest question.

As far as i know Scarface has always been one of DMX's biggest inspirations & influence. He used to say that when he came out. DMX recently told the story about first meeting Scarface back in 1998-1999 & them ending up choppin' it up about real life ? like religion, prayer & all that. As far as i know Scarface have only spoken highly about X.

You can tell that DMX has been influenced by Scarface by just listening to his music. Don't know why you'd assume that though.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    Cannibus said something about Mase and Blinky Blink little slick ? about that Rug Rats song and video with Mya.....

On this UGK dissing the Roots, Why would a Philly Rapper dissing Eastcoast williism offend a group from Texas? lol

? C felt like the south was being disrespected in the video...

Lyrics to "Top Notch Hoes"

Ya'll sparking L's in the street
    We're rolling flour in sweets
    We come down in candy paint slabs
    ya'll rolling funny ass jeeps
    In this game ain't no thang
    coming raw in a benz
    I saw you're video ?
    sound like you're dissing my friends

? C was sticking up for his southern Hip Hop friends.....The south always had unity..
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of ? c did he have a song where he diss bone thugs because on of them said he was dead
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Mase actually get ran out of NY for having sex with his partner's BM?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I heard something about Mack having issues with a relative of Cube and that along with the touring ? started their separation.
  • Kellmill
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    LMAO at Gossip, Rumors, and Beef being Hip Hop knowledge.

Did you think we'd be talkin that ole' off the wall, back to Africa ? ? That ? Body ? ? That dumb ? ?
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I either heard or read it in an interview with Mack10, that he had an issue with Cubes brother-in-law, and Cube took the brother-in-law's side....but i didnt hear it was about anything physical. If anything cube was making light of the situation, cause he said if Mack10 wants to do business with him in the future, "He's gonna have to bow down & kiss the ring".
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to know how the beef between EPMD and Rakim started

I think they spoke about this on Combat Jack last year. Don't quote me, but if i remember correctly it wasn't nothing serious. They said they loved Rakim & it was only them playing the game were they were competing for a spot since both were from Long Island. Could be something else tho but who knows.

They talked about how they went at LL on "Rampage" tho, the song LL was featured on lol. Then they discussed about how LL didn't do the video or couldn't do the video & that's why they had some actor play him without showing his face.

Never heard this. Which verse is directed at LL on Rampage?
  • Kellmill
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    I want to know how the beef between EPMD and Rakim started

I think they spoke about this on Combat Jack last year. Don't quote me, but if i remember correctly it wasn't nothing serious. They said they loved Rakim & it was only them playing the game were they were competing for a spot since both were from Long Island. Could be something else tho but who knows.

They talked about how they went at LL on "Rampage" tho, the song LL was featured on lol. Then they discussed about how LL didn't do the video or couldn't do the video & that's why they had some actor play him without showing his face.

Never heard this. Which verse is directed at LL on Rampage?

I think it's mainly PMD's verse at the beginning
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As far as i know Scarface has always been one of DMX's biggest inspirations & influence. He used to say that when he came out. DMX recently told the story about first meeting Scarface back in 1998-1999 & them ending up choppin' it up about real life ? like religion, prayer & all that. As far as i know Scarface have only spoken highly about X.

You can tell that DMX has been influenced by Scarface by just listening to his music. Don't know why you'd assume that though.

yea i know dmx said scarface was one of favorites in that 'backstage' movie. i cant remember where i read it but face was supposed to have some lines directed toward x on a song on 'the fix'. i think it was the song called 'sellout'.

but nevermind me.

i've ask this question before but dont think anyone's ever answered it. does anyone know or care to know where ? c got the name 'sweet james jones' from?

i wonder is there any validity in the rumor that some rap-a-lot dudes had g-unit hiding in their hotel room in houston some years back.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C Bo used to put major dope boys in the trunk back in the day

Above The Law was first rappers ? with Big Meech on street level, ? C was shoutin out Meech name on Its Supposed to Bubble back in 94

Birdman likes to ? em in the ass and show his patnas the footage

Deathrow Kingpin Harry O is back on the streets partnering up with Freeway Rick Ross

• CirocObama
    Options

yea i know dmx said scarface was one of favorites in that 'backstage' movie. i cant remember where i read it but face was supposed to have some lines directed toward x on a song on 'the fix'. i think it was the song called 'sellout'.

but nevermind me.

i've ask this question before but dont think anyone's ever answered it. does anyone know or care to know where ? c got the name 'sweet james jones' from?

i wonder is there any validity in the rumor that some rap-a-lot dudes had g-unit hiding in their hotel room in houston some years back.

Really? I don't know. Pretty sure he never went at X & vice versa to be honest.

That i've heard but i guess unless you've been there, around or let them confirm it you can't really say if things like that are true or not.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Did camron beat up canibus.heard it in a lne then someone reported it.anyone know the story

This is old and it wasn't Cam it was one of his homeboys....

You're thinking of the verse from the line in Take Em To Church (the Ma$e diss) where he chimes:

"Blink so mad they went and beat up Canibus"

The verse references when Canibus got beat up by Harlem goon Blinky Blink at his own record release party at some club (couldn't make that up if I tried fam.... SMMFH). Allegedly Canibus muttered something slick to him and disrespected him, so Blink went off and lit Canibus up.
    I remember Canibus on that collabo with Rakim spit a line like "wacker than Blinky Blink in that pink wagon ...". He referenced Blinky Blink in that video "Take me there" with Ma$e and Mya.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anybody know why Jay dropped Amil?

Jay was ? Amil and when she got on that Rush Hour song she started thinking she was bigger than she was and he she flopped when they dropped her album
    And yeah the 1st shots at Def Squad were thrown by the Mobb on interludes.I guess it was because they were the top crew at the time besides Wu
  • Kellmill
    Options
  • mrclassick
    mrclassick Members Posts: 86
    Options
    Did Big Pun Hit Jay-Z In The Head With A Bottle?