Okay...so when did gunit jump the shark?

Options

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two words: Hot Rod. That ? might be on the top 5 worst rappers ever list. What the ? was this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRgc1bKV4s
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ....be easyyyy...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJB is woat. Hot Rod has some nice mixtape tracks.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i laugh at the people who say 50 cant be relevant musically, he already has been recently and pretty much every year since 2009 when BISD dropped. even if its just random singles or youtube videos he puts out getting millions of views. people think just cause they dont like him, he isnt relevant. he was just on The X Factor last year i believe. did some ? for ESPN a month ago. etc.

those same people probably think Jay Electronica is relevant. LolOlOLolol
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    i laugh at the people who say 50 cant be relevant musically, he already has been recently and pretty much every year since 2009 when BISD dropped. even if its just random singles or youtube videos he puts out getting millions of views. people think just cause they dont like him, he isnt relevant. he was just on The X Factor last year i believe. did some ? for ESPN a month ago. etc.

those same people probably think Jay Electronica is relevant. LolOlOLolol

For real u got cats talking bout canibus and ? in here still.

Fifty relevant on a pop level IMO he needs more songs like my life and new day he don't need major distribution i would out that ? on mixtapes not as a single.

Or someone one his label that's a rookie can pop and did could just slide in..
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when they started calling themselves g-unit
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    problem is 50 tried to use his formula to fit everyone else i remember reading an mop interview where they said 50 was trying to get them in the gym to have more "appeal" mop fans dont care about that they just want to hear them ? ? up
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when they started adding unnecessary pieces when game a young buck messed up then they fell off like ace hoods bezel, banks is still making good music 50 still making ok music but there missing buck maybe game but definitely buck
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Wow that's crazy...shud let him rock they way they do.why sign em if u gonna change them drastically.

He did that ? to the mob and the fans still complain about it till this day...
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    wack music did them in to be honest...once game and young buck were gone the music went to total ? ...everything released after the massacre was garbage

That's def when g-unit jumped the shark imo too.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Str8 up jacked @Jamaica's thread
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when 50 lost the hunger

the more successful he became, the more it was hard for him to replicate the hunger that got him finally put on

that pop star status ? him up, plus he started disrespecting his fans by thinking he could just carbon copy artists and put out formulaic ? .........? wasn't falling for it no more

he's one of those cats where he need tragedy to inspire him...........the rest of his artists had their flaws as well

wtf @ signing mobb deep tho.........they looked like groupie hoes for that move SMH
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Two words: Hot Rod. That ? might be on the top 5 worst rappers ever list. What the ? was this?

*smh at this ? still being signed to G-Unit
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »

*smh at this ? still being signed to G-Unit

Sheeit, I thought they dropped been that ? . I assumed so after this interview... classic btw, it reeks of all kinds of fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P4m-VVEl5U
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Hot rod makes dance music now but yea he's gunit...
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "if i was your best friend.." lol, niqqaz was not having that sh*t..

i will say this. if he dropped a mixtape tomorrow ima at least give it a listen. when's he's not on that pop sh*t he's gotta good ear for music..
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they beef wit too many ppl , then after they couldnt find anyone else they decide to beef with each other . i thnk game put the nail in the coffin on the whole gunit records . none of them ? been the same since.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they got that asian chick from lil flip track .
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    From the looks of it Hot Rod is the only ? that still might have a chance on G-Unit
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    They got Kidd Kidd and some female rapper...
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he should put money in banks projects that boy stay dropping heat, his mixtapes dope hfm2 dope. Fif need to push him dead wack ass kid kid he's like 50's black child... he's never gonna sell
  • SupremeMagnetic
    SupremeMagnetic Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Options
    when 50 lost the hunger

the more successful he became, the more it was hard for him to replicate the hunger that got him finally put on

that pop star status ? him up, plus he started disrespecting his fans by thinking he could just carbon copy artists and put out formulaic bullshit.........? wasn't falling for it no more

he's one of those cats where he need tragedy to inspire him...........the rest of his artists had their flaws as well

wtf @ signing mobb deep tho.........they looked like groupie hoes for that move SMH

cosign at bolded. i swear they are just using the same beat over and over again. beg for mercy, the massarce, and curtis are the same damn album. putting flutes and bells on top won't fool us.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    he should put money in banks projects that boy stay dropping heat, his mixtapes dope hfm2 dope. Fif need to push him dead wack ass kid kid he's like 50's black child... he's never gonna sell

Lol yea banks is dope emi under shipped his cd so his first week was like half as much as it was supposed to be..

I think he should push Kidd Kidd he's still new and you never know.see if one of his songs click,

• tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's face it, I Never liked this ? group from the start, so who cares.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    Let's face it, I Never liked this ? group from the start, so who cares.

Lol this guy has an alarm whenever 50/G-Unit or Fat Joe are mentioned.