"Dancing with the Devil"....by Mark Curry (Story about Bad Boy Records) Enjoy Naggas

Options

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo that o/p is like the movie theater cam version of a bootleg book.

there's a thing called pdf yo.

They did post it in here...it expired.prolly easy to find online.

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    Dilla Deaf wrote: »
    Is there a new link of the book?

Dilla Deaf wrote: »
    Is there a new link of the book?

Nah I found it online before..

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    Lol shyne was a ? wierdo yo..I thought he was a straight g.
  • Slim85
    Slim85 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bump thanks for this. Remember when Jada and Styles said they were gonna drop a refrigerator on puff or something like that

One of them stainless steel, double door joints.

• nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Puff Jay z suge baby j prince 50 grimey azz rich ?
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i got the full book pdf ... i'll see if i can find def a nice read cause dude goes into how the whole suge night and puffy beef started ... which is something that isnt mainstream .... mainstream wise it looks like a beef between in Pac and Big .... curry gave a whole new perspective on that beef in the book ...... kind of making it look more like a blood vs crip thing cause suge is blood and puff had crips on deck ....
  • antarticp
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    i could defiantley do with that PDF if u could hook me up with it sounds like n interestin book

uploaded heres the link i masked it with allhiphop just so yall know its legit ....

http://www.zshare.net/download/8858564348d1d609/

if u have problems openning it up ... try reading it through TXTR.com thats actually how i had to read it ... u can also link that website to your cellphone using a droid app so u can read it from your cell phone ... instead of having to be on a pc ....

yoyo folks i found it heres the re-up but still follow the instructions above as this is still the encrypted pdf ... honestly not 100% sure if this procedure still works .... i got a brand new phone since then and dont use the same programs and havent tested it out on my new phone ... however im going to see if there is a way to ? this bad boy open so you can open up the pdf using any generic pdf progam ... enjoy and if anyone gets it working using the help in the quotes ... let us know!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gid3vw

• hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I'm knee deep in this book..
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Old ? sounds bitter as ?

He ain't ? when he was poppin bottle tho was he............
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still trippin on seagram being owned by universal
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the truth needs to come out
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    simplistic wrote: »
    *looks at join date and post* you know this thread is good when ? been lurkin for a min and come out to post lol

but its sad but dudes need to realize puff is about business and thats it he sees himself as a owner and he just tryna exploit the artist till he cant do it no more. i saw a interview he did before and he was saying an artist only has a life span of five years so he will use you if your good just because he know he can eat off you. i read some where that diddy would bring his cars to his artist video shoot and charge them for having it in there thats wild. i will def give this book an eread thats t/s

Haha! You know what's crazy? I am on here almost daily (I subscribed through Google Reader) and I generally never post anything. I just read allhiphop articles and keep it moving. But I read some articles on this book a while back and had been meaning to check it out. I never did figure out how to open the damn zshare file, but the book was on sale for 2 bucks, so I went ahead and paid for it. Overall, it was a good read. Sometimes, I felt like Mark Curry would get side tracked and forget to finish his thoughts...particularly when he was talking about the relationship between Meech and Puff. The part where Puff is braggin on his riches and Meech tells him, "Yeah, you are rich, but everyone around you is broke....everyone around me is rich"!! pretty much sums up Puff as far as the book goes. I know that there are three sides to every story, but ultimately, this book paints Diddy as an arrogant, selfish, stingy poseur. I ended up feeling bad for Mark Curry, BIG, Pac, Mark Bell, Faith Evans, 112, Black Rob, G-Dep, the 9 people at CUNY...hell, a lot of people's lives or livelihoods seem to have been killed by Diddy. May they all rest in peace.

and what was the lox thinking of when they signed back to that snake, just like snoop lion reconciled with that psychopath that killed notorious b.i.g., that's a shame.
    at least fat hoe and the original terror squad want nothing to do with each other, after all of the hell fat hoe put them through.

• Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ok we get it puffy is shiesty and full of himself and not a good or loyal person...but damn mark curry is a ? tho and please the guy had no star potential in him go watch that we aint going nowhere video and on top of that he aint no thug its not like puff was like suge knight and death row.

the lox got back they ? cause they took matters in they own hands and were talented, the way i see it he allowed himself to be treated like a ? i mean its not like he went to elementary school with the guy but ? bless him tho cause he did struggle and got his dreams shattered

hahaha i mean come on the guy almost fainted when they told him there was no budget for him lmao!!
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instead of writin books ? should have grabbed a rusty ass screwdriver and forked that ? till he signed a check
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    ok we get it puffy is shiesty and full of himself and not a good or loyal person...but damn mark curry is a ? tho and please the guy had no star potential in him go watch that we aint going nowhere video and on top of that he aint no thug its not like puff was like suge knight and death row.

the lox got back they ? cause they took matters in they own hands and were talented, the way i see it he allowed himself to be treated like a ? i mean its not like he went to elementary school with the guy but ? bless him tho cause he did struggle and got his dreams shattered

hahaha i mean come on the guy almost fainted when they told him there was no budget for him lmao!!

The lox got their publishing back like a few years ago,and who knows what type of ? they had to do that.puff prolly was get money off all there CDs on top of everything.

If these cats was thugs and street most of them wouldn't give a ? about a label to begin with.Marc curry could have gotten at least some singles out see if he could made sme noise.
  • antarticp
    edited July 2013
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    *looks at join date and post* you know this thread is good when ? been lurkin for a min and come out to post lol

but its sad but dudes need to realize puff is about business and thats it he sees himself as a owner and he just tryna exploit the artist till he cant do it no more. i saw a interview he did before and he was saying an artist only has a life span of five years so he will use you if your good just because he know he can eat off you. i read some where that diddy would bring his cars to his artist video shoot and charge them for having it in there thats wild. i will def give this book an eread thats t/s

Haha! You know what's crazy? I am on here almost daily (I subscribed through Google Reader) and I generally never post anything. I just read allhiphop articles and keep it moving. But I read some articles on this book a while back and had been meaning to check it out. I never did figure out how to open the damn zshare file, but the book was on sale for 2 bucks, so I went ahead and paid for it. Overall, it was a good read. Sometimes, I felt like Mark Curry would get side tracked and forget to finish his thoughts...particularly when he was talking about the relationship between Meech and Puff. The part where Puff is braggin on his riches and Meech tells him, "Yeah, you are rich, but everyone around you is broke....everyone around me is rich"!! pretty much sums up Puff as far as the book goes. I know that there are three sides to every story, but ultimately, this book paints Diddy as an arrogant, selfish, stingy poseur. I ended up feeling bad for Mark Curry, BIG, Pac, Mark Bell, Faith Evans, 112, Black Rob, G-Dep, the 9 people at CUNY...hell, a lot of people's lives or livelihoods seem to have been killed by Diddy. May they all rest in peace.

and what was the lox thinking of when they signed back to that snake, just like snoop lion reconciled with that psychopath that killed notorious b.i.g., that's a shame.
    at least fat hoe and the original terror squad want nothing to do with each other, after all of the hell fat hoe put them through.

fat joe aint no diddy tho ... diddy got that gliz and glamour allure to him ... people wanna walk in his shoes or atleast obtain his riches .... and @ this point hes def a staple in hip hop ... i may not sign with puff but i would love to be a fly on the wall during his daily hustle ................................... and as a person in the industry i would love for him to be someone i can reach out to for advice ......
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »

The lox got their publishing back like a few years ago,and who knows what type of ? they had to do that.puff prolly was get money off all there CDs on top of everything.

If these cats was thugs and street most of them wouldn't give a ? about a label to begin with.Marc curry could have gotten at least some singles out see if he could made sme noise.

the point is mark is soft and got no sense of hustle in him plus he had no star potential to begin with. He just sounds like a bitter man writing a book about another guy, thats worst then superhead cause we can expect that from hoes
  • tupacfan35
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    tupacfan35 wrote: »

fat joe aint no diddy tho ... diddy got that gliz and glamour allure to him ... people wanna walk in his shoes or atleast obtain his riches .... and @ this point hes def a staple in hip hop ... i may not sign with puff but i would love to be a fly on the wall during his daily hustle ................................... and as a person in the industry i would love for him to be someone i can reach out to for advice ......

He's still a snake just like Fat Hoe.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    bump thanks for this. Remember when Jada and Styles said they were gonna drop a refrigerator on puff or something like that

It was this interview, but the long version of it has been taken off youtube.

Wish the Reason could go back to 2005. That ? exploded off this interview. ? was legendary funny, but showed to me just how grimey Puff really is. Duke gotta be THE grimiest ? in music EVER...even more than Suge and Iovine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DuK-GwPoeI
  • tupacfan35
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

It was this interview, but the long version of it has been taken off youtube.

Wish the Reason could go back to 2005. That ? exploded off this interview. ? was legendary funny, but showed to me just how grimey Puff really is. Duke gotta be THE grimiest ? in music EVER...even more than Suge and Iovine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DuK-GwPoeI

Except Suge and Iovine are even worse, I Know suge is responsible for the death of those two rappers and other stuff, that guy is the devil
    and P. ? and Iovine are just as bad.
    we know what iovine did to the legacy of the late tupac shakur (him and afeni, his own mother).
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So let me get this straight: ? out here confusing business with friendship and are crying because they got ? in a grimy business??? Someone stated that the people getting ? (artists) don't know anything about contracts, royalties, etc.? That's your ? fault! ? sign ? everyday without reading what they are legally contracting themselves to. What point do we stop claiming ignorance as an excuse? Not saying Puff is an angel by any means, but the assumption where money is a factor should always be that ? don't have your best interest at heart
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »

the point is mark is soft and got no sense of hustle in him plus he had no star potential to begin with. He just sounds like a bitter man writing a book about another guy, thats worst then superhead cause we can expect that from hoes

He trynna make some money dog..
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    So let me get this straight: ? out here confusing business with friendship and are crying because they got ? in a grimy business??? Someone stated that the people getting ? (artists) don't know anything about contracts, royalties, etc.? That's your ? fault! ? sign ? everyday without reading what they are legally contracting themselves to. What point do we stop claiming ignorance as an excuse? Not saying Puff is an angel by any means, but the assumption where money is a factor should always be that ? don't have your best interest at heart

Yeah they stupid...probably more broke than stupid.Your grinding selling ? or in the pjs or still with your moms and ? and a cat throws 75,000 to sign and 150k for half your publishing unless you have other offers or been in the game u prolly gonana take it.

Puff and most black labels tend to sign street ? ,not too bright and or desperate to get on.

I guess they figure they'll make show money but puff charges them even for his appearance in videos and ? .
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Then again like I said they do get some money and they ? it up.peep what shyne did with his advance,bought a six figure car like an ? .
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't expect ? that probably didn't graduate from highschool to know how publishing and what not... Especially ? who came up in the 80s and was expecting a young black man to not snake them...

Now... There's no excuse but before... Hell yeah...

It's like a ? you trust telling you "ay young dumb ? ... I'm going to give you this money but you'll never get to wear a winter jacket"

Young dumb ? lives in Miami so he's not thinking about the winter... Little does he know he has to travel around the world where temperatures are below 0...