The Official 2013-2014 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLEZcYS5g8

Just heard some ? about dude. Damn it is heartbreaking but telling.

I am going to wait to post it. This is just a reminder.

Dude had a lil cousin that was killed on the Northshore. It happened at a party that his family had for which he attended. The two guys that did it told him he was next. He is shook and rightfully so.

Those are problems that he has been trying to escape and did until he said he was coming back to Louisiana. Now he is conflicted. He is a huge LSU fan and it was his dream to play for LSU. But in the end his safety is more important.

I dont see his family pushing him to LSU. He is looking around now and Auburn is said to be his leader.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LSU had no problem keeping them high play running from lighting up the scoreboard.

Including A&M, Oregon and West Virginia. (Clemson won but we kept them in check till the last drive)

Shurgs.

• caddo man
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Smh Coaches all in they feelings this offseason. First Saban now this

Most of those teams have horrible defenses regardless of the league.

The BIG XII has always been better on offense. I believe it has been more the coordinators than the personnel. LSU certainly hasnt help the SEC beat that perception of horrible offenses. That is changing though. Ole Miss, Auburn, Texas A&M, Missouri, and well Cam Cameron is pushing the tempo at practices at LSU. Dont know about the tempo in the game.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats the story behind the dhaquille williams dude?
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If his goal is to not get shot Auburn might not be the right place
  • caddo man
    Options
    whats the story behind the dhaquille williams dude?

He could nt ever get good grade in class so he went to community college. Dude is a beast that people actually say he could just go pro.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    According to a report by Clay Travis of OTC, Urban Meyer turned in Florida assistant coach Brian White to the NCAA for an alleged recruiting “bump” — a secondary violation that involves a coach deliberately “bumping into” a player during a recruiting dead period. The worst part? Not only is Meyer the former coach of the Gators, but he actually hired White himself. From Travis’ report...
    quote:

"Meyer’s willingness to turn in a former coach — one he hired — as well as the program he led for six seasons is unheard of in college athletics. Indeed, no one Outkick the Coverage talked with could recall a former coach turning in his former program and a former assistant coach. [...] While no wrongdoing was uncovered based on White’s alleged violation, the top recruit that both Ohio State and Florida were pursuing recently announced his final five choices: Alabama, Notre Dame, Miami, Rutgers and Ohio State. No Florida."
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mark-stoops-uk-football.jpg

I might be able to start posting in this thread now
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer says he has given up synthetic marijuana and his registered weapon, has earned a two-year degree and hopes one more university gives him a chance to play this season, which he wants to do as opposed to entering the upcoming NFL supplemental draft.

"I want a chance to show people my character is better than it was in the past," Dyer said from his home in Little Rock, Ark., on Monday. "I want to clear my name. I understand the reasons I am in this situation. I placed myself here. I take responsibility."
  • caddo man
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer says he has given up synthetic marijuana and his registered weapon, has earned a two-year degree and hopes one more university gives him a chance to play this season, which he wants to do as opposed to entering the upcoming NFL supplemental draft.

"I want a chance to show people my character is better than it was in the past," Dyer said from his home in Little Rock, Ark., on Monday. "I want to clear my name. I understand the reasons I am in this situation. I placed myself here. I take responsibility."

Numbaz call Arky for this dude. Bielema needs a boost anyway.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Why does he look older than Mike and Bob and he's the baby?

Bob-Stoops.jpg1120057.jpg

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why does he look older than Mike and Bob and he's the baby?

Bob-Stoops.jpg1120057.jpg

Damn I aint een kno he was the youngest.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    We picked up a local DT...huge pickup seeing as we haven't been ? up the middle for years. 20 commitments seems like a lot at this time. Still have to pick up a few WRs and LBs.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame Mike Stoops got booted in Arizona.

It would be tight to be able to say you got a family member Head Coaching in three major conferences.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    41-50 in 8 years yet is a damn shame he got booted??? i know expectations aren't high at UofA but it was just a matter of time.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    According to a report by Clay Travis of OTC, Urban Meyer turned in Florida assistant coach Brian White to the NCAA for an alleged recruiting “bump” — a secondary violation that involves a coach deliberately “bumping into” a player during a recruiting dead period. The worst part? Not only is Meyer the former coach of the Gators, but he actually hired White himself. From Travis’ report...
    quote:

"Meyer’s willingness to turn in a former coach — one he hired — as well as the program he led for six seasons is unheard of in college athletics. Indeed, no one Outkick the Coverage talked with could recall a former coach turning in his former program and a former assistant coach. [...] While no wrongdoing was uncovered based on White’s alleged violation, the top recruit that both Ohio State and Florida were pursuing recently announced his final five choices: Alabama, Notre Dame, Miami, Rutgers and Ohio State. No Florida."

My coach is ruthless with the recruiting. Way better than having sweater vest
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Lineman Kendall Baker of Marist (Ga.) High School announced for Georgia during a televised Wednesday ceremony on Atlanta's Fox 5. Baker chose UGA over Auburn, Florida State, Vanderbilt and others, becoming the Bulldogs' 12th commitment toward their 2014 class.

tumblr_mbjskes0i11riyid2o1_500.jpg
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We picked up a local DT...huge pickup seeing as we haven't been ? up the middle for years. 20 commitments seems like a lot at this time. Still have to pick up a few WRs and LBs.

How much will this impact y'all? Not sure what y'all depth chart looks like, but I have to think y'all wanted something out of the Jucos right now.

Barry Jackson of Miami Herald reporting 4 of Miami's class of 2013 will not qualify.

4* WR- Derrick Griffin
    4* DE- Alquadin Muhammad
    3* JUCO DT- Ufomba Kamalu
    3* JUCO LB- Devante Bond

• infamous114
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

How much will this impact y'all? Not sure what y'all depth chart looks like, but I have to think y'all wanted something out of the Jucos right now.

Barry Jackson of Miami Herald reporting 4 of Miami's class of 2013 will not qualify.

4* WR- Derrick Griffin
    4* DE- Alquadin Muhammad
    3* JUCO DT- Ufomba Kamalu
    3* JUCO LB- Devante Bond

Lol you read the Herald? I think Muhammad is going to get in, just a little late. He's completely vital to help the DL. Griffin is probably going to Prep.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like BoyBest's hairline and LeBron's hairline had a baby....

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ass ?

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer denies reporting Florida assistant coach Brian White to the NCAA for a secondary violation.

On Tuesday, a report from FoxSports.com said Meyer had turned in the assistant whom he hired at Florida for a "bump" violation related to the recruitment of Curtis Samuel, a running back/defensive back from Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn, NY. A bump violation is a secondary violation that involves contact between coaches and recruits during noncontact periods of recruiting.

Meyer denied reporting White to anybody in a text message to the Columbus Dispatch on Wednesday.

"It is absolutely not true that I turned in the University of Florida," Meyer texted.

Though that doesn't mean Ohio State didn't report the violation to the NCAA. According to an Ohio State spokesman, somebody in the school's compliance department read that there might have been contact between White and Samuel on a recruiting site and they let the Big Ten know of the possible violation.

A four-star athlete, Samuel has Ohio State, Alabama, Miami, Notre Dame and Rutgers in his top five. He is no longer considering Florida.
    Tags: Big Ten, Recruiting, Southeastern Conference, Florida Gators, Ohio State Buckeyes, NCAAF

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22623772/urban-meyer-denies-turning-in-florida-for-secondary-violation
  • infamous114
    Options
    Who's that 4 star athlete that has us in his top 5 lol
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    @allday1992

Reggie Carter is UGA's freshman linebacker. I know this kid. He played on my little brother's(cornerback) high school football team at South Gwinnett. He's a good kid, smart kid. He graduated early last year and was working out at UGA for almost a year now.

Word is that he's going to be starting for yall as a freshman. His little brother played on my little brother's baseball team. So I chopped it up with him at the games. He got his head on str8, real humble dude. You won't have to worry about him shooting somebody in the face or destroying any surveillance cameras.

As far as actual playing ability and size......meh. I didnt really see anything special on the field. He tore his ACL his junior year I believe. He's good but not great. The high school coach is kind of a ? when it comes to making adjustments though so it could be that. He got national recognition from playing outside linebacker and for some ? reason their coach moved him to middle linebacker and he wasn't that effective.

Look out for the kid, with real coaching for the 1st time in his life in college and the right condition training he might be alright for yall.

caddo man wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Numbaz call Arky for this dude. Bielema needs a boost anyway.

Aii, imma hit up coach and tell him the business. That fake weed is bad for you though. Like I really seen ? pass out from that ? . Str8 up collapse for real. Now they test for that ? too, you might as well smoke real weed.

Yeah I keep hearing about Reggie people keep saying he would've been the best LB in the state last year if he didn't tear his ACL the year before.

He has legitimate chance to start week 1 if he keeps performing like everybody says he is

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Driskel signed his baseball contract.