Albums you never understood the hype behind?

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-z since coming out of retirement...Kingdom Come, American Gangster, Blueprint 3, Watch The Throne, and Magna Carter all got dickrided and hyped up crazy by biased ass media and his fans.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Port of mia deeper than rap Teflon don were all good albums..gfidhad good songs on it too. He ain't make all classics but his ? solid imo
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    lonestarg wrote: »
    Ross got singles here and there and he floods the market when his shyts fixn to drop but hes a hit o miss ? n no consistency for a repeative as nigguh selling the same product since Hustlin

Teflon Don goes hard front to back.

Maan! Does it really!? Last time i bought that wolf ticket i was stuc with a shiny gold weed plate! (WTT)
  • lonestarg
    Options
  • lonestarg
    Options
    The Speakerbox/The Love Below
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    section 80. internets were goin crazy behind that boring sh*t.

mbdtf. i listened to it recently & i'll admit i gave it some unwarranted hate but its not his best work by a long shot.

anything tip made after king.

• lonestarg
    Options
    I bought GKMC its a good album when u don't C the hype yall give it! The hype yall give it makes me think we hearin 2 different albums
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Jay-z since coming out of retirement...Kingdom Come, American Gangster, Blueprint 3, Watch The Throne, and Magna Carter all got dickrided and hyped up crazy by biased ass media and his fans.

That ? was hot though

With Kingdom Come dude had them Budweiser Commercial doing interviews on Monday Night Football... He used the Movie to hype up American Gangster... Blueprint 3 he did the DJ Hero Video Game and had the Bluprint saga continuation... Watch The Throne an album with Kanye and tour folks were hyped... now the Magna carter ? with Samsung....

All the albums were hype up crazy...and really only one of the albums was good (havent heard Magna Yet)
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Ross got singles here and there and he floods the market when his shyts fixn to drop but hes a hit o miss ? n no consistency for a repeative as nigguh selling the same product since Hustlin

Teflon Don goes hard front to back.

Maan! Does it really!? Last time i bought that wolf ticket i was stuc with a shiny gold weed plate! (WTT)

I am going to put you up on some game my fellow IC Brethren, albums usually leak a week or so before they hit stores, you go on youtube and listen to the album or download it if you like it cop it on release day if not delete the downloaded album, then my friend you are guaranteed to never purchase a weed plate again. Using this technique I aint copped a weed plate since about 03.

*Sarcasm Intended
  • lonestarg
    Options

That ? was hot though

With Kingdom Come dude had them Budweiser Commercial doing interviews on Monday Night Football... He used the Movie to hype up American Gangster... Blueprint 3 he did the DJ Hero Video Game and had the Bluprint saga continuation... Watch The Throne an album with Kanye and tour folks were hyped... now the Magna carter ? with Samsung....

All the albums were hype up crazy...and really only one of the albums was good (havent heard Magna Yet)

I C where u coming from him having over the top promotion then the average Joe

Now if he didn't have the over the top promo n hype behind it would u rate n C the albums different?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought GKMC its a good album when u don't C the hype yall give it! The hype yall give it makes me think we hearin 2 different albums

by today's standards its a really good album, especially coming from a new school rapper.

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won't do the Biggie argument cause it's subjective...

I just go by what I see and hear....to me, both his album classic....you cant be overrated when everything you did, people world wide consider classic material.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop playing the subjective card

makes it seem you have nothin intelligent to say
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie better then Jay-Z!
  • CertainSoul
    CertainSoul Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is good

I love nas and every album except this
    Like he tried to hard
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you guys should differentiate between albums you heard at the time they came out vs. albums you are going back to and listening to years and years later, for the first time.

if you first heard reasonable doubt last year, then yeah, u might say "what is the big deal"
    but if u heard it in 1996 and u were like "what is the big deal"
    that is very different

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't remember the name but the album Freddie Gibbs dropped last year..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Illamtic
    ? is average as hell to me.
    too short.
    and it sounds like it came out in 1980 something
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say "Get Rich Or Die Tryin"

had some songs that was cool, but overall jus felt too cookie cutter for me

& it's seems like a lot of folks call it classic cuz of the hype & amount it sold, rather than the music itself