Jay-Z is on some Uncle Tom sh*t

Options

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    T/S you've got a fight on your hands going against Jigga's strong army on here ..

Good luck!

I was a Jay fan since '96 but these past few years it's been more difficult to be a fan of his, this most recent album was the last straw tho
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    Jay being into Sinatra is him being New York and affluent.
    Jay and Johnny Cash????
    Jay shouting out Kobain, is Like some white guy mentioning Tupac

Kurt to rock. Is what Pac is to rap.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0luU6oHnG3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jay has expanded himself. Him being more universal , allows Jay to express himself as he always wanted to. The artsy Jay, was always trapped because hood ? would of shun him.
    In the hood its a sin 2 do different shut. until they start ? riding. The same can be said about any place tho. Being different is a sin.
    white715 wrote: »
    Jay celebrates white artists and white history because he has no knowledge of self

No lie after I listened to MCHG for the second time I had to go listen to "It takes a nation of millions..."
    nope
    Jay use 2 run with Malachi York. & was a counscious rapper b4 Dame on hiz Jaz O era.

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Irrefutable video evidence of Jiggaman cooning for white folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYT4PhzkLcI

What happen to So I'm cruisin in the car with this ? broad
    She said, "Jigga-Man you rich, take the doo-rag off"
    Hit a U-turn; ma I'm droppin you back off
    Front of the club, "Jigga why you do that for?"
    Thug ? til the end, tell a friend ?
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Euro Jay been on sum Uncle Tom ? for quite sum time now. This is nuthin' new to me.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

The Dream already explained that, said him and Jay roast each other in the studio and what happened at the Grammy is what goes on whenever they hang out.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I literally was just reading a thread in the social lounge asking when did being educated blacks get associated with "acting white"
  • Baw$3$mok3.JR
    Baw$3$mok3.JR Members Posts: 466
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Isn't Harry Bellafonte the dude who popped ? first about Jay and Beyonce doesn't give back, AS IF HE KNOWS WHAT PEOPLE DO. Dude was being presumptuous imo, not everyone gives with the idea or receiving credit for it

As for that so called European ? , i would hope you become more open to ? and more eclectic the more you travel the world. I can tell some of ya'll ? ain't never been anywhere or seen anything before, you're lives are based on trivial ? like race.

Harry Belafonte was talking about Jay and Beyonce not speaking out and bringing attention to social issues that people of color go through not giving money to charities

And I am open minded I listen to all kinds of music and watch all kinds of movies and read all kinds of books by people of all races but I don't shy away from black folk to do so, I am aware of our history and achievements and I don't think we take a backseat to white people.

Like when Jay-z made a record about Katrina and donated a million dollars to it.
    Like when Jay-z established a fund for Sean Bell's family and spoke on police brutality
    Like when Jay-z donated money for wells in Africa and became an ambassador for the United Nations
    Liker when Jay-z brought attention to Danroy Henry
    Like when Beyonce opened up a center for women who came from a domestic violence background in Houston
    Oh wait!

How does Jay-z shy away from black folks?
    1. His wife is black
    2. His best friends are black (TY TY, Bleek, Emory,etc)
    3. His label execs are all black execs (TYTY, HipHop,etc)
    4. Most of the artist he put on are black (Rihanna, Cole, Ye, Just Blaze,etc)
    5. When you see them poparazzi pics it's him and his family

Not that it matters who the ? he hangs with, i'm of the belief of hanging with like minded people, not people based on race. That's simple minded ? .

If Jay was on the opposite side of the spectrum .
    They wouldn't even call him, a proud black man. They would called him a millitant, annoying, and wish He was still on some hood ? like How they do..........Nas.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) Yall seem to just skim through music
    2) Let's hold every rapper to these standards
    3) Jay Z is a business, man.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So Euro Centrism is being well rounded?

If he was really well rounded he'd talk about African history, Asian History, the history of Latinos, the history of indigenous peoples, not just white people.

He makes references to white entertainers, what about James Brown, or Marvin Gaye, or Paul Robeson how often does he big up black legends in his raps or in interviews? He does here and there but not as much as he does white folks. At least he has not in his recent history.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

The Dream already explained that, said him and Jay roast each other in the studio and what happened at the Grammy is what goes on whenever they hang out.

There is no explanation needed that ? was straight cooning, I can see that with my on eyes bro, of course dream gone say some ? like that he in the Familia getting cake through Beyonce on Hov. But what Hov did was beyond roasting it was pandering to white folks. Plain and simple.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I literally was just reading a thread in the social lounge asking when did being educated blacks get associated with "acting white"

This is the "hood" mentality that some ppl never grow out of. Ignorance is bliss
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the whole opening post is a blatant misconception...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't think jay is wrong for liking artists who happened to be white (people should never box themselves into liking certain types ofmusic, especially when white people are buying all these black artists' music to begin with and we never look down at them, hell more of them ? with Jimmy Hendrix than we do and they don't call themselves "Afro -Whites" as a backhanded comment for doing so)

I do however have a hard time dealing the "my black skin dirtying the white tuxedo" hook. There is a slight subconscious connotation I believe going on there. If he could explain it intelligently maybe I might change my mind. I like perspective. (I do undertsand it's a metaphor for how whites view his skin despite his money, but it rubs me the wrong way he presents it, or maybe I'm hyper-sensitive).
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    I can no longer rock wit Jay anymore as a proud Black man I can't support this dude anymore. I used to laugh at the whole Euro Jay thing but it's the truth this dude in the last few years has moved further and further away from a black/soulful sound and more towards a European/pop/white sound and it's even reflected in the imagery of his music.

magna-carta-holy-grail-review-3.jpg

Jay seems obsessed with white artists like Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, and Kurt Cobain, even going as far to say that Kurt Cobain shut down Hip-Hop in 1991, and he continued this trend on MCHG. When Jay did get around to mentioning a black entertainer on "Nickles and Dimes" it was in a disrespectful manner.

"I'm just tryna find common ground
    'fore Mr. Belafonte come chop a ? down
    Mr. Day O major fail
    respect these youngins Boy, it's my time now"

This dude actually called Harry Belafonte "Boy" a man that dedicated his life to fight for the rights and freedoms of Black people even risked his life as others in the movement were being murdered and lynched he still marched and spoke out and continues to do so now, you call him Boy?

And the worse part of the album is this dude allowing Frank Ocean to sing "I hope my black skin don't dirt this white tuxedo" that ? is disgusting, that is some Clarence Thomas, Allen West level cooning.

I'm done with this Oreo cookie ? .

i told ? in the "album dropping" and "reviews" thread that it really looks like this dude is paying homage and saluting whites too much

tom ford??
    picasso??

its like this dude never read a book or even heard a lecture about history from a black perspective

he comes off as if white figures in history set the standard
  • UPTOWN
    edited July 2013
    Options
    These are usually the same people that say Jay hasnt grown as an artist. It's a cautionary tale actually. As a black man, you can only be successful to a certain degree before you're considered an uncle tom. We're the only race that does this though. You never hear other groups of people saying "this guy is just too well rounded" or "I can't listen to this dude because of his expanded view of the world". SMH

i completely disagree with this

jay z has his murder to excellence moments ... but there's no balance. i dont think jay is a sell out, but at what point do you stop and say "ok man ... white ppl dig you. you no longer have to prove it to them or look for their approval"

maybe he just doesnt understand white supremacy ... but he does know about it tho

"only spot a few blacks the higher i go"

fact is, at some point during your success you gotta get those white folk out of your circle. so you say we're the only race that does this right (call our successful ppl ? 's etc)?? but you never see asians or arabs etc allowing other races to be a part of the things they are successful in or what they control. we ALWAYS do it AND IT IS ALWAYS OUR DOWNFALL. we always seem to play the game wrong and we even get mad when others criticize us for it. common black ppl even get mad when ppl try to explain it to them. next time a vote comes up in your town and the old church ppl start passing out flyers telling you to exercize your right to vote. tell them that technically we are supposed to be voting for the candidate that will help us with our problems the most. they will quickly tell you 'we have to fix our own problems" ... ok then why the ? should i vote then LOL
  • UPTOWN
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Jay being into Sinatra is him being New York and affluent.
    Jay and Johnny Cash????
    Jay shouting out Kobain, is Like some white guy mentioning Tupac
    give 3 examples of white artists or successful business men shouting out tupac in their art or in the inner working of their business (such as gucci or versace making a jay z shirt because he inspired them) LOL

Jay has expanded himself. Him being more universal , allows Jay to express himself as he always wanted to. The artsy Jay, was always trapped because hood ? would of shun him.
    In the hood its a sin 2 do different shut. until they start ? riding. The same can be said about any place tho. Being different is a sin.
    tell that ? to tribe called quest and outkast. alluding to white culture is not being more universal. you think avg hood ? dont know who picasso is ... even if they couldnt point a painting of picasso's out of a line up they can still tell you he was an artist/painter. same with michaelangelo and divinci. that ? is common knowledge in american culture itself. the problem is when you ask a hood ? who suten narmer or ahmose is. so how is jay being more universal when he himself cant tell you this even tho he got
    "more stamps on his passport" etc if you or jay knew anything about history or culture, you would see that all european culture before the dark ages was learned in kemet (egypt). and all european culture after that was taught to them by the moors. so there's no reason to allude to, say pythagorus (spl), when imhotep (a black man) set the foundation of his teachings
    Jay celebrates white artists and white history because he has no knowledge of self

No lie after I listened to MCHG for the second time I had to go listen to "It takes a nation of millions..."
    nope
    Jay use 2 run with Malachi York. & was a counscious rapper b4 Dame on hiz Jaz O era.
    jay z was never a nuwaubian dude wtf are you talking about LOL. dr york had a run in NY and GA at a time when jay was running the streets. jay is older but not old enough to have been around for the 5%ers etc alot of ppl were buying dr yorks pamphlets etc. you may be talking about dr yorks son. who in no way is on it like his dad.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What u expect from a 100 million man tho.? He can't rap about the same ? anymore. He gonna rap about what's around him. Any rapper who had the money and skill as jay will be rapping about that euro or super rich ? like jay. Including Nas.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Belafonte..........

And Jay-Z does say some stupid ? sometimes...........

http://youtu.be/oE6LOZOGNls
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What u expect from a 100 million man tho.? He can't rap about the same ? anymore. He gonna rap about what's around him. Any rapper who had the money and skill as jay will be rapping about that euro or super rich ? like jay. Including Nas.

Nah, b..........

Nas got with Euro & the truth.............

Nas won...........

http://youtu.be/xjoCnCaynCM
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at out of touch, why because he raps about what he lives and doesn't pander to you.

Who is really out of touch, the wealthy ? who raps about wealthy ? or these rich ? who act like they're in the hood freedom fighting. Ya'll got this ? messed up, i'll listen to the ? who raps about what they really live over the fabricated ? .
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    His Verse on Heaven where his Opening Bars are a play on the 12 Jewels of Islam in the 5% Lessons.... Let me know he's not that Far removed....

Jay always been on that ? -body path since his days with Jaz-O.

I think Jay is trying to walk on that tightrope of balance trying his best to please both crowds, yet the Blacks are gonna say in his face "this ? 's too Euro, he lost his soul, he's an Uncle Tom, he's not hood anymore" while the Whites are gonna say behind his back "even though he's worth multi millions riding in a Ghost, he's still a n!gg3r". I think Jay knows these things are being said, but how does he handle it?

If any smart individual that followed his moves knows then they'll get the gist of this post.

The personification of what he does in those situations is what makes it damaging and brings the proper conclusion.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at hypocritical ass harry belafonte. If you are riding with him lol read bout that ? .