The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Breh...I just started watching The Wire a week ago...all these references yall make are starting to make sense to me lol...show is GOAT

What season you on?

Just so you know...

Season 4 = GOAT.

A quarter into Season 2.

And S-2 is probably the weakest season.

I would rank the seasons like...

1. S-4
    2. S-3
    3. S-5
    4. S-1
    5. S-2

Where are yall finding the episodes? On hulu?

From watching on HBO..

Matter of fact, I bought the entire series off amazon for $80 like 2 weeks ago to rewatch the whole thing and Im halfway through season 5

That serial killer angle is alot funnier then I remember it being from when I first watched. They ? up from the newspaper POV though
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Watching the summer league BKN vs. DET... lmfao @ Kendall Gill sayin' Josh Smith has the ability to shoot from the outside. Stupid ? ...

Gill been saying stupid ? all day.

Nikka asked a New York Times writer they were interviewing...

"Do you think Darren Williams' injury is healed -- will it effect the team?"
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But wait..JJ hickson swear he wanted to start at PF on the next team he played on.

So if he aint comin off the bench they gonna move him to C and bury koufus?
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alex Kennedy ✔ @AlexKennedyNBA

The Atlanta Hawks are negotiating with Monta Ellis, per a source. I'm hearing deal would be about $10 million a year. Not sure about years
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Within the Los Angeles Lakers, there had been a belief that a late January team meeting in Memphis could've been the beginning of Dwight Howard's future with the franchise, or merely the beginning of the end. No restraints, no mercy, no holding back. Kobe Bryant had climbed into Howard in a way that was startling, sobering, a moment of penetrating and unpleasant truths.

Every time you trash me to teammates, it gets back to me, witnesses said Bryant told Howard in the visiting locker room of the FedEx Forum. Every time you do one of your impersonations when I walk out of the room, I find out. Everything tumbled out of Bryant, one grievance after another, and the Lakers coaches and players sat watching the two biggest personas in the room push closer together, or irreconcilably apart.

Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen. He hated it with Shaquille O'Neal, but Shaq performed on a championship plane for the Lakers and delivered a disposition to dominate on the floor.

"Kobe talked to Dwight in a way that I don't think anyone one had ever talked to him – not in Orlando, not here, not in his life, I'm betting," one witness in the room told Yahoo! Sports. "He's been coddled, and Kobe wasn't going to coddle him."

Despite Howard's recuperation from his back injury, few believed he had been playing with the proper passion and purpose – not the coaches, not the players, not opponents – and those within the Lakers understood Howard's most rebellious weapon was never confrontation, but holding back on the court.

There were bigger issues than Bryant and Howard in the room, but everyone understood that this meeting – first reported in the Los Angeles Times – had been about the two superstars, about the tension that had been building with the losing, about the push and pull between selling Howard on staying a Laker, or begging him.

In the end, Kobe Bryant didn't chase Dwight Howard out of Los Angeles, nor did Mike D'Antoni, nor did anyone in the employ of the franchise. The Lakers weren't for Howard, and Howard wasn't for the Lakers. Every executive and coach who has ever worked with Howard will tell you: He needs to be the face of the franchise and he needs unconditional love. Those weren't immediately available to him with the Lakers, and they'll be showered upon him in Houston now.

"If he missed two big free throws in Orlando, it was forgotten in 30 minutes," one league official with ties to Howard's past says. "If he missed them in L.A., they talked about it for a week. With Dwight, he has to be the face of the franchise. Anything less than that, and it would be difficult for him to function at his highest level."

KOBE DA GOAT
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

The Atlanta Hawks are negotiating with Monta Ellis, per a source. I'm hearing deal would be about $10 million a year. Not sure about years

Y'all might put a better team on the floor this year after all.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

5311-bill-cosby-disgusted.png
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still no starting caliber Center on the roster on the team in almost 15 years. What is with this front office?

Technically Al is a all star caliber C but I know what you mean
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Within the Los Angeles Lakers, there had been a belief that a late January team meeting in Memphis could've been the beginning of Dwight Howard's future with the franchise, or merely the beginning of the end. No restraints, no mercy, no holding back. Kobe Bryant had climbed into Howard in a way that was startling, sobering, a moment of penetrating and unpleasant truths.

Every time you trash me to teammates, it gets back to me, witnesses said Bryant told Howard in the visiting locker room of the FedEx Forum. Every time you do one of your impersonations when I walk out of the room, I find out. Everything tumbled out of Bryant, one grievance after another, and the Lakers coaches and players sat watching the two biggest personas in the room push closer together, or irreconcilably apart.

Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen. He hated it with Shaquille O'Neal, but Shaq performed on a championship plane for the Lakers and delivered a disposition to dominate on the floor.

"Kobe talked to Dwight in a way that I don't think anyone one had ever talked to him – not in Orlando, not here, not in his life, I'm betting," one witness in the room told Yahoo! Sports. "He's been coddled, and Kobe wasn't going to coddle him."

Despite Howard's recuperation from his back injury, few believed he had been playing with the proper passion and purpose – not the coaches, not the players, not opponents – and those within the Lakers understood Howard's most rebellious weapon was never confrontation, but holding back on the court.

There were bigger issues than Bryant and Howard in the room, but everyone understood that this meeting – first reported in the Los Angeles Times – had been about the two superstars, about the tension that had been building with the losing, about the push and pull between selling Howard on staying a Laker, or begging him.

In the end, Kobe Bryant didn't chase Dwight Howard out of Los Angeles, nor did Mike D'Antoni, nor did anyone in the employ of the franchise. The Lakers weren't for Howard, and Howard wasn't for the Lakers. Every executive and coach who has ever worked with Howard will tell you: He needs to be the face of the franchise and he needs unconditional love. Those weren't immediately available to him with the Lakers, and they'll be showered upon him in Houston now.

"If he missed two big free throws in Orlando, it was forgotten in 30 minutes," one league official with ties to Howard's past says. "If he missed them in L.A., they talked about it for a week. With Dwight, he has to be the face of the franchise. Anything less than that, and it would be difficult for him to function at his highest level."

KOBE DA GOAT

so who tells Kobe about bad shots and when he ? up on defense? All that if u joke on me Ill find out about is just some ? .... ole fake leader ass ? ... anyway LA yall bashed him to death when he was there.... then begged him to stay now yall salty he dipped.... I thought it was the coaches and team leaders job to get the best out of players? If he needed coddling to get 20 and 10 a night then do it. hell Kobe was coddled and got his way when he was the star coming up.... Phil Jackson woulda got the best outta Dwight but LA ? that whole situation all the way up cuz of pride
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greenwood -_- thanx
    @trillip from bestbuy? I saw like the first 4 seasons for almost $100 :-O
    @datcaninava I'll try that and what does your name mean?
  • jazzybella
    Options
    Breh...I just started watching The Wire a week ago...all these references yall make are starting to make sense to me lol...show is GOAT

What season you on?

Just so you know...

Season 4 = GOAT.

A quarter into Season 2.

1. S-4
    2. S-3
    3. S-5
    4. S-1
    5. S-2

From watching on HBO..

Matter of fact, I bought the entire series off amazon for $80 like 2 weeks ago to rewatch the whole thing and Im halfway through season 5

That serial killer angle is alot funnier then I remember it being from when I first watched. They ? up from the newspaper POV though

That was a great price. I only remember like the important stuff like stinger bell being killed, season 3 or 4 with the kids,etc. The rest of the seasons I had to read up on
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

KOBE DA GOAT

so who tells Kobe about bad shots and when he ? up on defense? All that if u joke on me Ill find out about is just some ? .... ole fake leader ass ? ... anyway LA yall bashed him to death when he was there.... then begged him to stay now yall salty he dipped.... I thought it was the coaches and team leaders job to get the best out of players? If he needed coddling to get 20 and 10 a night then do it. hell Kobe was coddled and got his way when he was the star coming up.... Phil Jackson woulda got the best outta Dwight but LA ? that whole situation all the way up cuz of pride

Homie I know you don't rock with 24. But any man with any dignity is gonna call another man out if he finds out he is constantly popping off ? behind his back. You're better than this son.

That in itself is some ? ? .

And you know it's not just "jokes" because if it was, he would do the ? in Kobe's face.

I'm not a big kobe fan myself. I respect Kobe's game, I think he was in the wrong in the Shaq/kobe situation, but with this ? - Dwight is the ? . Clearly.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options

What season you on?

Just so you know...

Season 4 = GOAT.

A quarter into Season 2.

1. S-4
    2. S-3
    3. S-5
    4. S-1
    5. S-2

From watching on HBO..

That was a great price. I only remember like the important stuff like stinger bell being killed, season 3 or 4 with the kids,etc. The rest of the seasons I had to read up on

...really, you just gonna put that out there lol.
  • jazzybella
    Options

What season you on?

Just so you know...

Season 4 = GOAT.

A quarter into Season 2.

1. S-4
    2. S-3
    3. S-5
    4. S-1
    5. S-2

From watching on HBO..

...really, you just gonna put that out there lol.

What do you mean? :-/
  • aneed123
    Options
    BDB wrote: »

KOBE DA GOAT

Homie I know you don't rock with 24. But any man with any dignity is gonna call another man out if he finds out he is constantly popping off ? behind his back. You're better than this son.

its ways to talk to folk.... and Kobe aint never like Dwight....its a two way street and since everyone loves Kobe Dwight caught a lot unwarranted bs... He caught the same ? Pau caught the past 2 years.... when we lose its yall fault. u know the type of player Dwight is when u got him... u get him touches... he got a ego just like Kobe does
  • greenwood1921
    Options

What season you on?

Just so you know...

Season 4 = GOAT.

A quarter into Season 2.

1. S-4
    2. S-3
    3. S-5
    4. S-1
    5. S-2

From watching on HBO..

***SPOILERS****

Please edit that, young lady.

Look at it this way - Droppin Wire spoilers for nikkas that haven't seen it is like a bish in the club with her "slip showing" or "lipstick on her teeth".

Got it?
  • jazzybella
    Options

What season you on?

Just so you know...

Season 4 = GOAT.

A quarter into Season 2.

1. S-4
    2. S-3
    3. S-5
    4. S-1
    5. S-2

From watching on HBO..

***SPOILERS****

Please edit that, young lady.

Look at it this way - Droppin Wire spoilers for nikkas that haven't seen it is like a bish in the club with her "slip showing" or "lipstick on her teeth".

Got it?

Oh my bad. X_X
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @greenwood -_- thanx
    @trillip from bestbuy? I saw like the first 4 seasons for almost $100 :-O
    @datcaninava I'll try that and what does your name mean?

simple, im from detroit but i've been living in virginia since 2006
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

KOBE DA GOAT

Well technically mike dantoni got Dwight's best statistical season out of him in many categories, as he explained in there meeting....

Kobe takes the shots when no one else steps up, this isn't 2001 son, and no one begged anyone if you was actually in LA, we didn't give a ? if he stayed....did you even watch playoffs?? Dwight lost LA forever right there.

Pau at Center>>>Dwight
    And 2 rings including 1 against Dwight is the etherous ether I deliver to you.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Jarvis Varnardo the first ? in summer league with a ring??

Naw Norris Cole had a ring last year in the summer league
  • aneed123
    Options

KOBE DA GOAT

Well technically mike dantoni got Dwight's best statistical season out of him in many categories, as he explained in there meeting....

Kobe takes the shots when no one else steps up, this isn't 2001 son, and no one begged anyone if you was actually in LA, we didn't give a ? if he stayed....did you even watch playoffs?? Dwight lost LA forever right there.

Pau at Center>>>Dwight
    And 2 rings including 1 against Dwight is the etherous ether I deliver to you.

yall lost the right to say that after bashing Pau for 3 years and always wanting to trade him.... he was the scapegoat before Dwight....
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlanta is where players go to die.I hate to see ellis do that but I understand
  • aneed123
    Options
    forgot Houston had Terrance Jones too.... If he develops along with Parsons they gonna be good. Carter Williams with Philly has a big upside