Jay-Z is on some Uncle Tom sh*t

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread went from being dumb as hell to blatantly ? & a troll thread. I feel like I lost some brain cells reading some of the dumb ? some of y'all ? who claim Jay is a uncle Tom has been saying especially this new ? on the last 2 pages

next time, don't forget to @ him.
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    This thread went from being dumb as hell to blatantly ? & a troll thread. I feel like I lost some brain cells reading some of the dumb ? some of y'all ? who claim Jay is a uncle Tom has been saying especially this new ? on the last 2 pages

Wow another bad ass I better watch out. Thank u for your amazing contribution to the thread Mr. Badass I'll be sure to fully respond to everything after I get off of work

And I've been lurking for at least 2 years I just don't post a lot on account of I have an outside life

@xxCivicxx

and idc what you been doin for the last 2 years nobody asked you and if "Mr.Badass" was the best you could come up with save your response.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not all or nothing, it's a little of both, jay just a black man dealing with new found wealth and how do you balance your friends from before the money and new people who only know you as jayz who can quote interesting books and have milkshakes with Buffett. It's what makes the post retirement jay compelling and disappointment at the same time. Maybe it's duality.

Jay gonna stunt brag that's what he's good at. I just think lyrically he's a step behind now.
    Which doesn't mean his new album doesn't have it's moments.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    What kinda argument is that, cuh?..."Jay ain't bein held back by the system, he must be a ? "...That's almost dumber than the illuminati ? ...Obviously, the ? has higher ups, but that don't mean he they slave...I(and hopefully you as well) know of plenty successful black men in real life who have no legal troubles...It's called makin smart moves...It's called spending smart money...Come on ? ...

There's a clear difference between making smart moves and living comfortably, and being worth close to a billion together with your wife. You and I know that the majority of blacks living in America will never ever come close to being that wealthy. The white middle class and the black middle class are 2 completely different classes, even though you're made to believe that they aren't. You act like I'm making a stupid argument, but has there been a single true civil rights leader throughout history that has not been assassinated/murdered/jailed/had their character assassinated. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and everyone like them are again just pawns, used to disperse any kind of energy that builds up within the black community. We are all slaves to the "higher ups" through student loan car note credit card and mortgage they debt that they trick you into placing onto yourself.

I don't understand how ? can be so oblivious to the ? around them. Blacks don't own any more wealth than they did right after slavery ended. Not a single black person owns any of the resources coming out of Africa. The CIA pumped drugs into black communities to help break up the civil rights movement then threw millions of black men in jail for stupid ? . The prison industrial complex is a for profit system. Hip hop is being taken by whites and remolded to maximize corporate profits just like rock and roll blues jazz funk and disco were. Most black artists and athletes are broke again 5 years after they stop making money in their profession. Apparently every single one of these people were just stupid and didn't know how to make smart moves. There was never anything more sinister happening.

I don't think I've ever heard Jay-Z speak on any of that

quoted for truth

though I dont expect Jay to speak on this or any rapper

as rappers who are even concious are stupid to not speak on this and if they do there deemed "racist."

@xxCivicxx
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus jay dont haveto speak on those topics
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    What kinda argument is that, cuh?..."Jay ain't bein held back by the system, he must be a ? "...That's almost dumber than the illuminati ? ...Obviously, the ? has higher ups, but that don't mean he they slave...I(and hopefully you as well) know of plenty successful black men in real life who have no legal troubles...It's called makin smart moves...It's called spending smart money...Come on ? ...

There's a clear difference between making smart moves and living comfortably, and being worth close to a billion together with your wife. You and I know that the majority of blacks living in America will never ever come close to being that wealthy. The white middle class and the black middle class are 2 completely different classes, even though you're made to believe that they aren't. You act like I'm making a stupid argument, but has there been a single true civil rights leader throughout history that has not been assassinated/murdered/jailed/had their character assassinated. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and everyone like them are again just pawns, used to disperse any kind of energy that builds up within the black community. We are all slaves to the "higher ups" through student loan car note credit card and mortgage they debt that they trick you into placing onto yourself.

I don't understand how ? can be so oblivious to the ? around them. Blacks don't own any more wealth than they did right after slavery ended. Not a single black person owns any of the resources coming out of Africa. The CIA pumped drugs into black communities to help break up the civil rights movement then threw millions of black men in jail for stupid ? . The prison industrial complex is a for profit system. Hip hop is being taken by whites and remolded to maximize corporate profits just like rock and roll blues jazz funk and disco were. Most black artists and athletes are broke again 5 years after they stop making money in their profession. Apparently every single one of these people were just stupid and didn't know how to make smart moves. There was never anything more sinister happening.

I don't think I've ever heard Jay-Z speak on any of that

From living beyond their means. Regular people are broke daily doing that ?
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay was on twitter yesterday, and among other things said that Columbus didn't discover America and was critical about people lying about American history.

I thought that was interesting
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Did some ? really compare him to Nas?

#1 What does Nas have to do with this?
    #2 Great point. Bring up "It Was Written" an album from 1996, same year Jay-Z droppped a "white mafia" album too called RD btw.

#3 Finally, mention an album like "Distant Relatives", "Untitled", "Illmatic" were he talks about everything, if not even talking about hip-hop "Hip Hop Is Dead", in Jay-Z's catalogue then make that comparison. Until then shut your mouth cuz you sound dumb as hell.

I'm a fan of both but that was just pointless & dumb. Can't believe mofos co-signed that too.
  • theycallmeboom
    theycallmeboom Members Posts: 107
    Options
    lol damn Jay's a uncle tom? Damn ? love to hate lol. Jay has had to come to the point of realization that he will never be able to please everyone especially the confused and conflicted black race, or he wouldn't be where he is today lol.

New album isn't his best album but its damn good. He isn't pandering to white nor is he pandering to black folk....I don't even see the point in writing out this post anymore. This is too twisted in with all these non-factors; the music is being missed by most. ? is too focused on the gift wrap...Uncle Tom? thats just a little much lol.
  • KrazySpade
    KrazySpade Members Posts: 52
    Options
    lol yall really be acting like Jay-z should be some type of savior for the lower class.
    he already created a path for us to follow and do ? on our own, he has to give handouts too?
    i dont even like jay-z but i respect his hustle cuz he showed me possibilities available for a broke kid from the projects by working hard and making smart moves, personally thats all i need, ill build my little business empire on my own.

as far as the european ? , the ? is a dam near a billionare, thats a completely different lifestyle and different taste. he can fly a private jet to europe just as easy as i can drive my busted lil truck to the 7/11 on the corner. i admire graffiti i see on the streets im on, he admires the weird ? hes into in the weird places that he has the luxury to go to lol

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    Nigguhs want every black person w/ money to be their savior.
    Threads like these.....man o man I tell ya.

"How you a man waitin' for the next man to get rich?
    Yo' plan is to stick out yo' hand real quick" - Nas

You are a ? . For real. Investing in one's community is now a handout? You mean Jay-Z couldn't do something SMART like try and corner a business that black people utilize often? Like weave? Designer shoes? Or maybe a black construction company that would simultaneously employ black workers and clean up and rebuild black communities thus raising property values? Is it a handout when an asian person opens a convenience store in a black neighborhood? When successful white men build hospitals(not free clinics) in their own communities are those handouts?

I'm the crab in a barrel because I think that successful black people should be putting money back into their communities in some way?

Ok

Man ? w/ that dumb ? . Nobody ever said investing in your own community was an issue. If you knew ? about me on here you would know my stance on such topics. However, expecting a muffugguh to do anything is pure backwards ass nigguh ? . The last time I sat around waiting for a nigguh to do anything for me was when my mama changed my last diaper. You're sitting around waiting for somebody to lead you and show you the way instead of getting out and doing for self. No ? we as African Americans have always had a serious problem w/ investing in ourselves & our communities, building the right businesses in our neighborhoods, education, policing our own neighborhoods, building generational wealth....blah blah etc etc. But, I'm not going to sit here and tell another grown ass man what to do w/ what he's earned. I'm not going to try and guilt trip or belittle the next man for not doing what "I think" he should do in the black community. That man should want to do it because it's in his heart, not because nigguhs pressuring him to part w/ what he built and earned himself. Our problems are a lot more complicated than what Jay-Z and Beyoncé do w/ their money. I get what you saying, but tuck your emotions youngster.

Why would you insult your own intelligence with this post? Who is waiting for Jay-Z to save them? Who is still expecting him to save anything after more than 2 decades in the rap game? Why is wanting successful black people to help other black people become successful called having a savior complex? I feel the same way about all successful black people, not just him. Back when black people ran Tulsa Oklahoma Tulsa's economy rivaled that of other entire countries. That was done by a black community running black owned black employing businesses. Why can't we do that again? Why would you even take issue with someone wanting that to happen? You completely misunderstand my post but then you have the nerve to try and be condescending to me?

Regardless of what you think or how you feel about Jay-Z he is now a leader of the black community, whether he wants to be or not, simply because of his wealth/exposure. I'm not expecting Jay-Z to do a damn thing for me. This thread was created to start a discussion about whether or not he is a ? . I say that he is in my opinion and I listed my reasons for that. Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Lauryn Hill, John Lennon, Talib Kweli. These are conscious artists.
    I'm saying that Jay-Z is a ? because he cares more about amassing more fiat currency than he does about strengthening his own community. I'm not trying to guilt him into anything. If he doesn't want to do it of his own accord, that's fine. But that's why he's a ? /Uncle Tom, to me at least.

There are countless instances of people immigrating here in order to build up wealth that they send right back to their country of origin. In many cases they themselves wind up going back after a while too. I know at least 4 latino men and at least 1 asian man that has done this. You ? are so lacking in the foresight area that it's both depressing and very telling when it comes to the current state of blacks in America.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Mannn I tried to get with this ? @Civic's point about Jay ... I think his heart is in the right place but that ? is coming out like disjointed gibberish .... This ? completely lost me when he said (paraphrasing) how come Jay don't help his people and promote empowerment by Cornering the "Weave" market.........

Cos nothing says black empowerment like a fresh new shiney lace front! Dont ya know!

Lmao ... And look dog ...there aint a need to go on some rant reply to this ... I totally get your post ... U wished Jay spent more of his resources into the "community" blah blah blah right? I got you .... Basically the saviour complex ... I know

It's just that particular point within your post was quite funny ...

Just because you cannot follow my line of thinking, that doesn't mean that it's disjointed gibberish and I would appreciate it if you relaxed with the insults. Weave was just an example of something that black people use that can be flipped into a majority-black owned business. The outcome matters less than the purpose which is keeping wealth in the community. I'm sure the Koreans laugh all the way to the bank with the billions that they get out of black women yearly. Once again, I don't wish Jay would do anything. I'm just saying that he's a ? because he doesn't and doesn't care to, that's all. I'm sure that Italians laugh at the black people who spend their rent money on needlessly expensive clothes made by people who don't give a ? about them
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Wow another bad ass I better watch out. Thank u for your amazing contribution to the thread Mr. Badass I'll be sure to fully respond to everything after I get off of work

And I've been lurking for at least 2 years I just don't post a lot on account of I have an outside life

@xxCivicxx

and idc what you been doin for the last 2 years nobody asked you and if "Mr.Badass" was the best you could come up with save your response.

That was me responding to you calling me a "new ? ", so yes, you kinda did ask, in the form of posting something wrong, forcing me to correct you. But ok Mr. Badass you win. Don't @ me or respond to this cuz I won't respond to you anymore. You really got me good
  • xxCivicxx
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Plus jay dont haveto speak on those topics

You're right he doesn't have to, and he doesn't. Which is why I think he's an Uncle Tom

white715 wrote: »
    Jay was on twitter yesterday, and among other things said that Columbus didn't discover America and was critical about people lying about American history.

I thought that was interesting

Good I'm happy that he did that it's a step on the right path. We'll see how long he keeps it up tho
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    KrazySpade wrote: »
    lol yall really be acting like Jay-z should be some type of savior for the lower class.
    he already created a path for us to follow and do ? on our own, he has to give handouts too?
    i dont even like jay-z but i respect his hustle cuz he showed me possibilities available for a broke kid from the projects by working hard and making smart moves, personally thats all i need, ill build my little business empire on my own.

as far as the european ? , the ? is a dam near a billionare, thats a completely different lifestyle and different taste. he can fly a private jet to europe just as easy as i can drive my busted lil truck to the 7/11 on the corner. i admire graffiti i see on the streets im on, he admires the weird ? hes into in the weird places that he has the luxury to go to lol

Jesus Christ wtf is it with you guys and this ? about handouts? If you're not even gonna attempt to understand what I'm saying then why post?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@xxCivicxx

That was me responding to you calling me a "new ? ", so yes, you kinda did ask, in the form of posting something wrong, forcing me to correct you. But ok Mr. Badass you win. Don't @ me or respond to this cuz I won't respond to you anymore. You really got me good

Friendly advice. You are wasting your time. There aren't many here on the IC that think beyond the length of Jayz song. You are better off holding your opinions for a more intelligent and progressive audience.

• xxCivicxx
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

@xxCivicxx

Friendly advice. You are wasting your time. There aren't many here on the IC that think beyond the length of Jayz song. You are better off holding your opinions for a more intelligent and progressive audience.

I thought people wanted to have a discussion. It seems like not matter what I say, people are like "Oh he's just a rapper". Well is he a rapper or is he a rapper/business man?

bigrizz wrote: »
    Jay can do whatever the ? he wants, But real talk what has jay done for the hood his from and Black people in general? With great power comes great responsibility....Jordan never gave a ? either. When dude builds homes, schools and/or a rehab center for the fiends he claimed he served all those years ill take him seriously..

the same man who provides scholarships to lower class teens that want to go to college is being criticized for not building the college in the first place......

you ? , I swear

While his scholarship is great it's beans compared to what he could be doing. I would say that building a college that thousands of people will pass through and learn at is a lot better than giving out a $1500 scholarship to a few people per year. What good is a scholarship if they're not learning the right things anyway. Many of the most successful people/families that exist today gained their wealth despite being high school/college dropouts or never having gone to school at all. What I say give back I'm talking businesses, that's where the real capital is generated

smh.gif

my ? ....for every 1 person that gained their wealth without an high school/college education there are millions who havent made ? out of themselves without one

just stop

Just like how right now there are gonna be millions WITH college degrees who won't make ? out of themselves besides working at starbucks. The only difference is that the current generation is also hundreds of millions of dollars in student loan debt to the government. What do degrees mean? They mean that you're educated to the satisfaction of white people, not that you're educated. Which situation would you rather be in?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@xxCivicxx

I thought people wanted to have a discussion. It seems like not matter what I say, people are like "Oh he's just a rapper". Well is he a rapper or is he a rapper/business man?

Jay can do whatever the ? he wants, But real talk what has jay done for the hood his from and Black people in general? With great power comes great responsibility....Jordan never gave a ? either. When dude builds homes, schools and/or a rehab center for the fiends he claimed he served all those years ill take him seriously..

the same man who provides scholarships to lower class teens that want to go to college is being criticized for not building the college in the first place......

you ? , I swear

While his scholarship is great it's beans compared to what he could be doing. I would say that building a college that thousands of people will pass through and learn at is a lot better than giving out a $1500 scholarship to a few people per year. What good is a scholarship if they're not learning the right things anyway. Many of the most successful people/families that exist today gained their wealth despite being high school/college dropouts or never having gone to school at all. What I say give back I'm talking businesses, that's where the real capital is generated

smh.gif

my ? ....for every 1 person that gained their wealth without an high school/college education there are millions who havent made ? out of themselves without one

just stop

Just like how right now there are gonna be millions WITH college degrees who won't make ? out of themselves besides working at starbucks. The only difference is that the current generation is also hundreds of millions of dollars in student loan debt to the government. What do degrees mean? They mean that you're educated to the satisfaction of white people, not that you're educated. Which situation would you rather be in?

You never know what tomorrow might bring. I got 2 jobs last month. I didnt predict it. Some will do good right outta school. Others will work at starbucks then move up and others who knows. People flip the script all the time. It aint all depression and doom and gloom. Anyway, Jay z dont care about none of this. Its his life and none of our concern anyway. Cant tell another man how to live his life of course.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all wrong because you callin him a ? for literally some of the the most arbitrary reasons..."Oh, he hasn't conquered a black owned market yet"..."Oh, he disrespected a ? who disrespected him"..."Oh, he likes white people"..."Oh, he doesn't een get in trouble with the law"..."Oh, he and his wife got so much money, but we don't know how much they spend in the black community"..."Oh, he doesn't rap about black history"...

Like, do y'all see how that sounds?...By this logic, damn near the majority of black people with money in America are ? ...Simply cause they don't constantly behave in a manner that benefits the masses...I've always hated the way the word ? gets thrown around on this site...? was funny in high school, but got damn...When he starts sellin ? off to the white man, segregating himself from the black man, and choosing the white woman over his own, holla at me...Right now, he just a rich ? spending his money the way he want to...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannn I tried to get with this ? @Civic's point about Jay ... I think his heart is in the right place but that ? is coming out like disjointed gibberish .... This ? completely lost me when he said (paraphrasing) how come Jay don't help his people and promote empowerment by Cornering the "Weave" market.........

Cos nothing says black empowerment like a fresh new shiney lace front! Dont ya know!

Lmao ... And look dog ...there aint a need to go on some rant reply to this ... I totally get your post ... U wished Jay spent more of his resources into the "community" blah blah blah right? I got you .... Basically the saviour complex ... I know

Just because you cannot follow my line of thinking, that doesn't mean that it's disjointed gibberish and I would appreciate it if you relaxed with the insults. Weave was just an example of something that black people use that can be flipped into a majority-black owned business. The outcome matters less than the purpose which is keeping wealth in the community. I'm sure the Koreans laugh all the way to the bank with the billions that they get out of black women yearly. Once again, I don't wish Jay would do anything. I'm just saying that he's a ? because he doesn't and doesn't care to, that's all. I'm sure that Italians laugh at the black people who spend their rent money on needlessly expensive clothes made by people who don't give a ? about them

Ima tell you why your ? is disjointed gibberish .. (I'm actually glad you responded now) you stated in that same post that he should start up a weave company a designer shoe company etc etc ... For his people.. Totally Forgetting that the ? had one of the largest urban apparel brands out over the past 15years .... You see the facts don't match your points ... That's why it's disjointed gibberish ... Don't think because a ? disagrees with your half baked ? its merely due to you having this "advanced arguementative skill" no ? .... Lol ... Don't kid yourself ... When you don't make sense and sound irrational that's just what it is ..

Now ill wait for the onslaught of rationalizations .... As I'm sure they will provide me with much entertainment
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all wrong because you callin him a ? for literally some of the the most arbitrary reasons..."Oh, he hasn't conquered a black owned market yet"..."Oh, he disrespected a ? who disrespected him"..."Oh, he likes white people"..."Oh, he doesn't een get in trouble with the law"..."Oh, he and his wife got so much money, but we don't know how much they spend in the black community"..."Oh, he doesn't rap about black history"...

Like, do y'all see how that sounds?...By this logic, damn near the majority of black people with money in America are ? ...Simply cause they don't constantly behave in a manner that benefits the masses...I've always hated the way the word ? gets thrown around on this site...? was funny in high school, but got damn...When he starts sellin ? off to the white man, segregating himself from the black man, and choosing the white woman over his own, holla at me...Right now, he just a rich ? spending his money the way he want to...

Quoted for real ness
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Ima tell you why your ? is disjointed gibberish .. (I'm actually glad you responded now) you stated in that same post that he should start up a weave company a designer shoe company etc etc ... For his people.. Totally Forgetting that the ? had one of the largest urban apparel brands out over the past 15years .... You see the facts don't match your points ... That's why it's disjointed gibberish ... Don't think because a ? disagrees with your half baked ? its merely due to you having this "advanced arguementative skill" no ? .... Lol ... Don't kid yourself ... When you don't make sense and sound irrational that's just what it is ..

Now ill wait for the onslaught of rationalizations .... As I'm sure they will provide me with much entertainment

Yes he did but how come you didn't finish the story of Rocawear? The company was sold to white folks a while back and now no one wears it. But he can still shout out other white clothing lines. I don't think even he wears Rocawear anymore and he's still a part of the management iirc. Jay took black ppl's money with Rocawear then sold it right off to corporate elites

More importantly, how does that refute anything I've said? How is Rocawear relevant in any way today? It's not a major clothing line, it's not a major jewelry line, most kids today don't even know it still exists. Or FUBU. Or Phat Farm. But they know about Louis V Versace Hermes Yves St Laurent True Religion etc.

And once again, if you can't keep up with what I'm saying, that doesn't mean you should just dismiss it as "half baked ? ". You just might actually learn something. How embarrassing would that be
  • xxCivicxx
    edited July 2013
    Options

Like, do y'all see how that sounds?...By this logic, damn near the majority of black people with money in America are ? s...Simply cause they don't constantly behave in a manner that benefits the masses...I've always hated the way the word ? gets thrown around on this site...? was funny in high school, but got damn...When he starts sellin ? off to the white man, segregating himself from the black man, and choosing the white woman over his own, holla at me...Right now, he just a rich ? spending his money the way he want to...

This is true tho

@xxCivicxx

you ? , I swear

smh.gif

just stop

You never know what tomorrow might bring. I got 2 jobs last month. I didnt predict it. Some will do good right outta school. Others will work at starbucks then move up and others who knows. People flip the script all the time. It aint all depression and doom and gloom. Anyway, Jay z dont care about none of this. Its his life and none of our concern anyway. Cant tell another man how to live his life of course.

This is also true I'm just giving my opinion
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nigguhs want every black person w/ money to be their savior.
    Threads like these.....man o man I tell ya.

"How you a man waitin' for the next man to get rich?
    Yo' plan is to stick out yo' hand real quick" - Nas

You are a ? . For real. Investing in one's community is now a handout? You mean Jay-Z couldn't do something SMART like try and corner a business that black people utilize often? Like weave? Designer shoes? Or maybe a black construction company that would simultaneously employ black workers and clean up and rebuild black communities thus raising property values? Is it a handout when an asian person opens a convenience store in a black neighborhood? When successful white men build hospitals(not free clinics) in their own communities are those handouts?

I'm the crab in a barrel because I think that successful black people should be putting money back into their communities in some way?

Ok

Man ? w/ that dumb ? . Nobody ever said investing in your own community was an issue. If you knew ? about me on here you would know my stance on such topics. However, expecting a muffugguh to do anything is pure backwards ass nigguh ? . The last time I sat around waiting for a nigguh to do anything for me was when my mama changed my last diaper. You're sitting around waiting for somebody to lead you and show you the way instead of getting out and doing for self. No ? we as African Americans have always had a serious problem w/ investing in ourselves & our communities, building the right businesses in our neighborhoods, education, policing our own neighborhoods, building generational wealth....blah blah etc etc. But, I'm not going to sit here and tell another grown ass man what to do w/ what he's earned. I'm not going to try and guilt trip or belittle the next man for not doing what "I think" he should do in the black community. That man should want to do it because it's in his heart, not because nigguhs pressuring him to part w/ what he built and earned himself. Our problems are a lot more complicated than what Jay-Z and Beyoncé do w/ their money. I get what you saying, but tuck your emotions youngster.

Why would you insult your own intelligence with this post? Who is waiting for Jay-Z to save them? Who is still expecting him to save anything after more than 2 decades in the rap game? Why is wanting successful black people to help other black people become successful called having a savior complex? I feel the same way about all successful black people, not just him. Back when black people ran Tulsa Oklahoma Tulsa's economy rivaled that of other entire countries. That was done by a black community running black owned black employing businesses. Why can't we do that again? Why would you even take issue with someone wanting that to happen? You completely misunderstand my post but then you have the nerve to try and be condescending to me?

Regardless of what you think or how you feel about Jay-Z he is now a leader of the black community, whether he wants to be or not, simply because of his wealth/exposure. I'm not expecting Jay-Z to do a damn thing for me. This thread was created to start a discussion about whether or not he is a ? . I say that he is in my opinion and I listed my reasons for that. Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Lauryn Hill, John Lennon, Talib Kweli. These are conscious artists.
    I'm saying that Jay-Z is a ? because he cares more about amassing more fiat currency than he does about strengthening his own community. I'm not trying to guilt him into anything. If he doesn't want to do it of his own accord, that's fine. But that's why he's a ? /Uncle Tom, to me at least.

There are countless instances of people immigrating here in order to build up wealth that they send right back to their country of origin. In many cases they themselves wind up going back after a while too. I know at least 4 latino men and at least 1 asian man that has done this. You ? are so lacking in the foresight area that it's both depressing and very telling when it comes to the current state of blacks in America.

Assumptions mixed w/ excessive feminine emotion. Boy go sitcho ass down somewhere. Sad thing is that you seem relatively intelligent and aware of the problems in our community, but you all on your "Harry Belafonte" right now so can't nobody tell you ? ....smmfh.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Even Jason Whitlock is saying Jay is an Uncle Tom.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/jay-z-as-sports-agent-not-good-for-athletes-or-sports-070913

I'm staying out of this debate seeing as I'm latino lol
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even Jason Whitlock is saying Jay is an Uncle Tom.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/jay-z-as-sports-agent-not-good-for-athletes-or-sports-070913

I'm staying out of this debate seeing as I'm latino lol

For the last time, are you Afro-Latino or Mutt Latino?