The Official Battle Thread 2k13 (every single battle, every single day)

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Swave Sevah gonna end Aye Verb's career and every credibility he had left with his own fans.

BADLY.
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really don't think Swave Sevah is that nice
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's more comments in here about the crowds ? the event up rather than the artists on the cards, that says all that's needed to be said about the venue.

Smack need to give shine to other cities where crowds are gunna appreciate the battles rather than ruin them its a bad look for business, as are the on stage hypemen that seem to be getting more and more frequent in the battles.

LA or Oakland have GOAT crowds. ? or London.

LA and Oakland are my fave in America tho. ? all the Massacre of the Bay or Battle of the Bay/Battle of Lost Angeles Grind Time Events from back in the day was hype as ? , and respectful.

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I really don't think Swave Sevah is that nice
    Lets account bet. Loser gets account deleted...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its dope that Organik and Smack were co hosting at least one battle at NOM3. Hope to see them collab in the future.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Swave Sevah gonna end Aye Verb's career and every credibility he had left with his own fans.

BADLY.
    Crowd gonna have to help in order for that to happen. Swave is nice but he ain't THAT nice. He certainly won't be able to destroy Verb like he did Ref w/o some assistance
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Didnt know this battle happened this year
    John John Da Don Don vs Caustic KOTD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI05t2V9DpY
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    One of the best one offs earlier this year between
    Syah Boy vs Lotta Zay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIjZlukf7J8
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ John John almost losing tho..
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    There's more comments in here about the crowds ? the event up rather than the artists on the cards, that says all that's needed to be said about the venue.

Smack need to give shine to other cities where crowds are gunna appreciate the battles rather than ruin them its a bad look for business, as are the on stage hypemen that seem to be getting more and more frequent in the battles.

LA or Oakland have GOAT crowds. ? or London.

LA and Oakland are my fave in America tho. ? all the Massacre of the Bay or Battle of the Bay/Battle of Lost Angeles Grind Time Events from back in the day was hype as ? , and respectful.

Totally agree.

Issue with New York and hip hop in general is they look down on every other city because they feel that as hiphop started in NYC they have automatic qualification for anything hiphop related, their arrogance is unmatched.

This filters down into the crowds also they carry the arrogance and bias that if it ain't NY it ain't good, bar a few select artists.

Most of the NY acts IMO are stale.... They lack fresh blood that brings something new to the team, Midwest IMO has the strongest battlers established and coming up through the ranks and their crowds also show more appreciation for battles being held in their cities, NY crowds think they should have all events held there simply because its NY.

Plus Smacks from NY so he's always going to carry a bias for his city, wether the crowds ? up business or not, its not like him holding battles is helping his business either.

Also the Celebrity artists being integrated into the scene IMO is pretty tasteless, if these guys were supporting the culture from the start why are you only seeing
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clips on his Wu-tang sword pronunciation... That ? irks me lol.
  • dakidfrankie
    Options
    @KingGivBiz I take yo bet...but it gotta be fair...we will wait for the video to drop between them and we'll take a vote on here
  • Trollio
    Options
    Biz go cheat since he a mod
    He just go ban u bro

Run
  • dakidfrankie
    Options
    Damn that's ? up lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Damn that's ? up lol
    Hes still sour about losing to me in a battle and cries about it like a broad every chance he gets. Wait for him to either a) respond b) say i edit his ? even tho lookdude can confirm what he wrote or c) ? about again in 12 hours again

( now hes gonna predictably call me john john fot that multiple choice)

• victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BADLY.

Naw bruh, it'll be a strong battle...either be 2-1 Swave not by much, or 2-1 either way you see it. Not a 3-0 flat out body bag for Swave. Verb could be a ? and all, but dude is quite skillful with this ? .

If we talking NuBorn then... LMAO!.
  • Trollio
    Options
    Stop acting like a diva
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the real, i reach out to alot of these battlers over Twitter.
    I been on that, but if you aint on that you need to get on that.

After you watch a few interviews, hear a cypher, and actually chat with one of your favorite emcees , you'll have more respect for the whole culture.
  • LaRoacé
    LaRoacé Members Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did swave vs verb get confirmed cuz noone wanted to drop the bag before...not even his boy poison oen
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

BADLY.

Naw bruh, it'll be a strong battle...either be 2-1 Swave not by much, or 2-1 either way you see it. Not a 3-0 flat out body bag for Swave. Verb could be a ? and all, but dude is quite skillful with this ? .

If we talking NuBorn then... LMAO!.

Swave bodied arguably bodied Ored (it was 2-1 oree choked twice but still a convincing win) bodied Big Kannon, bodied Young Kannon, he already proven you need more than just nice bars to beat him. Period.

Also Aye Verbs presence is shaky as ? unless hes battling Cortez which isnt saying much. Rematch Verb vs Hollow today and hes gonna get foreman grilled easily each round today. He never evolved from when he was top 10 way back when even of he faces ny "bias" as if he's the only non new yorker on the url stage ... Still lost to Rex...
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O-red better have a spot on that Summer Madness! hes been the most consistant all year.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yung ill back!!!
This discussion has been closed.