George Zimmerman Trial Thread (Found Not Guilty Jesus help us...)

Options

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @fiat

Yes, O’Mara did not rely on Stand Your Ground as a defense because Mr. Zimmerman had no option to retreat....all im saying is before Stand Your Ground, prosecutors could have relied on Mr. Zimmerman's opportunity to retreat in order to help rebut his claim of self-defense.After Stand Your Ground, prosecutors had a more difficult case.

If Florida were a non SYG state Zimmerman would have had a hard time demonstrating that he had exhausted his means of escape....

Not to mention...

The SYG provision also allows a defendant claiming self-defense to seek civil and criminal immunity at a pretrial hearing

Its a ? law
    The prosecution tried hard to establish that Zimmerman could've tried to escape, they just didn't really have any hard evidence to support it beyond a reasonable doubt.

The immunity section (776.032) is separate from the "stand your ground" portion (776.013-3) of Florida defense law.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got damn David Webb his super ? level 6 got my head hurtin
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »

These are the kinds of people that need to be put into a concentration camp.

The internet really is exposing the nature of some people. I am so glad this truth serum was invented.

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    @fiat

Huh?

The pro tried to establish that gz had malicious intent when he shot trayvon when they suggested that trayvon was in the process of retreating before gz pulled the trigger ....but they never argued zim could have ran, retreated himself

and even if they did such a claim wouldnt have made a difference had the jury still felt as zim acted reasonably...again he had no duty to retreat

About the provision, I read differently...but I guess I trust you
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humanity lost. Everyone around the world is thinking that America is a country where its easy to ? kids.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Man, yall don't get it.

White feminists? jesus christ...what do "white feminism" has to do with this???

Not a ? thing

You've adapted "ignorant white folk" thought patterns. Feminism. What a ? joke. Feminism started from ignorant ass white folks

And what's the ? use of posting those tweets when you will forget about this ? soon as it isn't on television and go back to watching your reality television and worldstarhiphop horse monkey ? ???

? are you ranting about?

I brought up white feminists because the point was brought up in tweets that Stringerbell posted.

Black feminists have been all over this case (blackgirldangerous, Crunk Feminist Collective, Joan Morgan, dream hampton, Melissa Harris Perry), challenging white supremacy, the injustice of the legal system and DO NOT have "white folk thought patterns" in the least so let's not bring ignorant sexism and ? assumptions about where feminism originated from into this discussion when it's clear we're in this together.

Sigh...

It's quite apparent what I'm ranting about brainchild. Black feminist isn't challenging ? you ? ? .

All they are, and all you are, is nothing more than keyboard punching revolutionists.

? got heart to talk, ? don't have heart to act...period.

Like the ? posting the tweets but its funny cause right after it you see a white chick doing the dougie

some backwards ass ? out here man...
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wanna know Zimmermans intentions, answer this question, Why did Zimmerman not stay on the phone with the 911 operator?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ignorant folk, children, and drunks tell the truth... that girl aint lie on the stand. they tried to twist her words and ? . she was just irritated with the cynical, im smarter than u types of ? questioning she was getting.... they knew she was telling the truth but it was easier to dismiss and discredit. the creepy ass ? ? was brutal honestly for ur ass.... thats how hood ? talk about white folk... he told her this creepy ass ? following me for no reason and them devils flipped that ? to front like Trayvon was racist.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    @fiat

Huh?

The pro tried to establish that gz had malicious intent when he shot trayvon when they suggested that trayvon was in the process of retreating before gz pulled the trigger ....but they never argued zim could have ran, retreated himself

and even if they did it and had evidence to support such a claim wouldnt have made a difference had the jury still felt as zim acted reasonably...again he had no duty to retreat

They also tried to argue that Zimmerman was on top before shooting Treyvon and Treyvon was screaming for help; this would mean Zimmerman would've been in a position to retreat.

They had to argue this to a certain extent, because the defense initially-included 776.041--use of force by the aggressor--which does not allow the aggressor to use deadly force if they haven't tried to retreat.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if the 6 females who was on the jury see what they have caused?

now I do.... smh....
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This juror crying is making my blood pressure rise. I knew I shouldn't have watched this interview and just stuck to the tweets about it.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Man, yall don't get it.

Not a ? thing

You've adapted "ignorant white folk" thought patterns. Feminism. What a ? joke. Feminism started from ignorant ass white folks

And what's the ? use of posting those tweets when you will forget about this ? soon as it isn't on television and go back to watching your reality television and worldstarhiphop horse monkey ? ???

? are you ranting about?

I brought up white feminists because the point was brought up in tweets that Stringerbell posted.

Black feminists have been all over this case (blackgirldangerous, Crunk Feminist Collective, Joan Morgan, dream hampton, Melissa Harris Perry), challenging white supremacy, the injustice of the legal system and DO NOT have "white folk thought patterns" in the least so let's not bring ignorant sexism and ? assumptions about where feminism originated from into this discussion when it's clear we're in this together.

Sigh...

It's quite apparent what I'm ranting about brainchild. Black feminist isn't challenging ? you ? ? .

All they are, and all you are, is nothing more than keyboard punching revolutionists.

Like the ? posting the tweets but its funny cause right after it you see a white chick doing the dougie

Don't take this personally, but I think that either you have a low IQ or you're allowing your emotions to make you angry toward people on this board on this topic for no logical reason.

Nobody has said they are revolutionaries on this board--we're naturally going to be upset about this and are allowed to vent if we so choose.

You're a hypocrite, judging us for having a discussion about it, but you're not taking any action either, as you're typing away on the topic, just like we are.

It's damn shame that you're this hostile towards Black people who feel the same way about the case that you do.

Self-hate like a ? .

Now it's self hate

Now I got low I.Q.

You know, let me diagnosis you. I think you're a confused ? who had some ? up parents that were apparently vacant in your life.

I believe you liked men but you fell for any ? line. So you became the last resort fat girl at home lonely on friday nights waiting on Derrick's phone call that never came. Your quirky tastes or feelings made you an outcast around normal black folks, so you began dealing more so with whites, though you claim to not stand them.

Maybe you can't stand em because they always made you the "typical black person" and questioned why you liked Nirvana n such. Yet this trade off comes at a cost. Here you have black folks who ? on everything about you and on the other hand you got white folks who accept you long as you play the good lap dog and just take it all in good stride as "jokes". You just opted for the "hipster" option so you wouldn't confuse yourself.

I'm not hostile against black folks you ? ...I'm hostile against stupidity and the ones always commenting but never ever trying to move mountains.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Rachel stood on that stage and told the truth. Even the parts that wld hurt the case. The truth. Zimmerman lied. Jury, according to the witness on A. Cooper KNEW Zimmerman was an inconsistent liar, but hated Rachel's black body & non conformity more."

-dream hampton

Dream Hampton is soooo 90's

After hearing B37 I'm convinced that Rachel could've been a Harvard scholar and they wouldn't believe her... however, she's far from a Harvard scholar... quit making excuses for these things. Rachel is an unfortunate product of the Miami-Dade public school system. That doesn't mean she's dumb or untruthful, but it does mean (white) people may view her that way
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yea ok ma...I see through you easily.

Fiat talking to you is pretty much a mercy response

The fact is, no one can build with you Loca. That is until you accept your life for what it is and push forward

But if not, you're going to be that bitter old cat lady who is sometimes ? and sometimes not, depending on market demand, if that's even applicable by then...
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, yall don't get it.

Not a ? thing

? are you ranting about?

Sigh...

Don't take this personally, but I think that either you have a low IQ or you're allowing your emotions to make you angry toward people on this board on this topic for no logical reason.

Nobody has said they are revolutionaries on this board--we're naturally going to be upset about this and are allowed to vent if we so choose.

You're a hypocrite, judging us for having a discussion about it, but you're not taking any action either, as you're typing away on the topic, just like we are.

It's damn shame that you're this hostile towards Black people who feel the same way about the case that you do.

Self-hate like a ? .

Now it's self hate

Now I got low I.Q.

You know, let me diagnosis you. I think you're a confused ? who had some ? up parents that were apparently vacant in your life.

I believe you liked men but you fell for any ? line. So you became the last resort fat girl at home lonely on friday nights waiting on Derrick's phone call that never came. Your quirky tastes or feelings made you an outcast around normal black folks, so you began dealing more so with whites, though you claim to not stand them.

Maybe you can't stand em because they always made you the "typical black person" and questioned why you liked Nirvana n such. Yet this trade off comes at a cost. Here you have black folks who ? on everything about you and on the other hand you got white folks who accept you long as you play the good lap dog and just take it all in good stride as "jokes". You just opted for the "hipster" option so you wouldn't confuse yourself.

I'm not hostile against black folks you ? ...I'm hostile against stupidity and the ones always commenting but never ever trying to move mountains.

Mountains are heavy B
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    @fiat

Huh?

and even if they did it and had evidence to support such a claim wouldnt have made a difference had the jury still felt as zim acted reasonably...again he had no duty to retreat

They also tried to argue that Zimmerman was on top before shooting Treyvon and Treyvon was screaming for help; this would mean Zimmerman would've been in a position to retreat.

They had to argue this to a certain extent, because the defense initially-included 776.041--use of force by the aggressor--which does not allow the aggressor to use deadly force if they haven't tried to retreat.

They suggested that zim was on top @ some point before the shooting but not when the trigger was pulled

Lol one of the key point of contentions in the trial was whether trayvon was leaning forward when he was shot or was he backing up as gz was raising up because of the projection of the bullet and the position of the bullet hole in his hoodie

And whether or not you feel as though SYG law played a role in this particular case or not....its still a ? law. Leaves the door open for too many people to get away with killing someone
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    @fiat

Huh?

They suggested that zim was on top @ some point before the shooting but not when the trigger was pulled

Lol one of the key point of contentions in the trial was whether trayvon was leaning forward when he was shot or was he backing up as gz was raising up because of the projection of the bullet and the position of the bullet hole in his hoodie

And whether or not you feel as though SYG law played a role in this particular case or not....still a ? law
    The reason they argued he was on top at one point, was because that would've been his chance to retreat.

I don't really have an opinion on whether laws are "good" or "bad".
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Unless I missed it why didn't Zimmerman get on the stand?
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Unless I missed it why didn't Zimmerman get on the stand?

He had the right to representation.
This discussion has been closed.