Dr Boyce calls out Jay-Z for Harry Belafonte Lyrics

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as i'm concerned ? from Dr. Boyce Watkins generation has no right to say ? , they're the reason why this generation of blacks is so ? up. Whether its from them letting ? destroy families and abandoning homes, but yet i don't ever hear none of these old heads like Cosby, Bellafonte, Watkins,etc speaking on it. Of course this generation don't respect ya'll ? after how ya'll abandoned them and left them to the streets.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    letting ? ? they did drugs kus they wanted to
    ...but how u blame a generation based on individuals ...boyte was in school jay z was hustling to his family
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That "boy" ? isn't that serious.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hublot is one of jays sponsors. they also help give out clean water to people around the world who need it. that reference in the song went over a few heads

idk how much jay in involved in that movement but he was apart of something like it in the past. maybe he still does. who knows since he rarely speaks on it

that's kinda of how this started. belafonte feels jay and beyonce doesn't do enough while jay replied back saying he does more than you think, he just doesn't gloat about it because it wouldn't seem sincere

"you don't know all the ? I do for the homies"

jay was out of line for calling belafonte "boy" though. disrespectful as ? . I wish both parties could've went about this a better way

Dr Boyce statement was some ether tho. got damn

theres always something people zoom in on to distract others from the TRUE FACTS that jayz does do alot for the homies and people he dont know .........
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    It kinda is though, when you look at the history of it.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hublot is one of jays sponsors. they also help give out clean water to people around the world who need it. that reference in the song went over a few heads

idk how much jay in involved in that movement but he was apart of something like it in the past. maybe he still does. who knows since he rarely speaks on it

that's kinda of how this started. belafonte feels jay and beyonce doesn't do enough while jay replied back saying he does more than you think, he just doesn't gloat about it because it wouldn't seem sincere

jay was out of line for calling belafonte "boy" though. disrespectful as ? . I wish both parties could've went about this a better way

Exactly....when he did the water thing the majority of ppl were ripping him saying it was a publicity stunt....so why would he even be out front of ? anymore...just do it on the low
  • usmarin3
    Options
    letting ? ? they did drugs kus they wanted to
    ...but how u blame a generation based on individuals ...boyte was in school jay z was hustling to his family

Yes letting ? , and that's not even the only reason.

That generation following the civil rights movement and alot of the civil rights era don't have any right to say ? imo. You had a generation of fatherless kids from ? infested areas and all they say was adults hooked on ? , off course they lose respect and the old heads/young heads dynamic changes.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    What's funny about this thread is ? be in here talking about ''boy'' being disrespectful when you same ? will fight a ? for stepping on your new kicks. All of a sudden ? suppose to practice peace and let people slander them in public. Naw!
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    It kinda is though, when you look at the history of it.

i don't think jay was even using the word "boy" in that context..so boyce focused on that; but no the next line when he said you don't know the ? he do for the homies and even admitted as much that he didn't know what jay do for the homies
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Exactly....when he did the water thing the majority of ppl were ripping him saying it was a publicity stunt....so why would he even be out front of ? anymore...just do it on the low

damned if you do damned if you dont #futw
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see ppl in here rockin the cape proudly this morning. Cosigning calling an 82 old black man from the civil rights' movement a boy because Mr. Belafonte said he feels that Jay turned his back on social responsibility. How is that disrespectful enough to call him a boy? Whether the old man is right or wrong, it's just an opinion. Not something that induces a response of that nature.

Some of you ? are disgusting

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvmWiKjS1nBvsOKBi5QWaZWDpDT1mxUhvslyFmIGJsStIJJGCI

You sounding real emotional right now boy...excuse me, I mean sir

For real tho bruh, get off that old ? nuts...Belafonte just mad he aint ? beyonce.

Lol one thing I can't stand stand is fake outrage
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blue ivy=boy
    The person jay z and Jamie fox had sex with=boy
    The remix cam kicked jay z off for a wack ass diss verse to Nas=boy
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Blue ivy=boy
    The person jay z and Jamie fox had sex with=boy
    The remix cam kicked jay z off for a wack ass diss verse to Nas=boy

That pic u posted=2 boys kissing.. ?

You still remembering it=repressed sexual tension and bi curiosity

Ur last 10 posts have had some kinda ? ? theme too each of them.. u dont make it hard to forget
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would it been cool had he called him a ? instead?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well .. This thread is hilarious
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay attracts Ether regardless who drops it on him
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ that article. He spent half the time trying to make the point that just because Jay has a lot of money, that doesn't make him anything special. But yet, they believe he is special enough that he should be out there making big socio-political moves. Why might that be...oh I know, because he's made a lot of money.

I don't know why people are so hard pressed to turn cats like Jay and Puffy into activists. What in either of their characters has bled though to lead anybody to believe they are built for that. Just because you got a name and a lot of money doesn't mean you're made for being a cultural leader, at least not in any way that matters. I for one don't want them dudes trying to step up into the forefront like that. The last thing we need is more young blacks looking to guys like that at the people they are supposed to emulate.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Boyce Watkins brought the thunder. Dr. Watkins is cool and i understand his perspective. This is another thing where people believe their favorite artist is above reproach.

Belafonte may have been outta pocket (depending on your perspective on the issue) but Jay was even more outta pocket with his comments. Why? Because they weren't necessary for starters and also because you don't really step that far off your stoop to "check" an elder. That's not his place.

I could mention that I didnt hear jay say ? about Phil Mushnick, who made racist comments about him awhile back but I won't do that. I could also mention that Jay didnt say ? when Forbes ethered him by putting his percentage of the Nets on blast despite jay running around talking about he owned a team....when he was a minority shareholder but worked as the very public face of BK's gentrification and which lead to the displacement of hundreds, maybe thousands of people.

All this could have been addressed but nope he rather attack Belafonte for a wayward statement. Hov caught feelings and decided he was in a position to "check" an elder but nah thats not what we do.

What the ? ? Who didn't know Hov only owned a small share of the team?

Wait, you said Belafonte may have been outta pocket, but Jay shouldn't have checked him because you can't check an "elder", what kind of backwards ass ? is that?