How Come More ? From the Chi Don't Rep Their Vice Lords and Gangster Disciples on Songs

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not only does the City of Chicago suffer from a deficit of rappers, (considering it's the third largest city in America by population,) you would think that more rappers would have came out of the Windy City. I guess it's a good thing, but how come more ? from Chicago don't rep their gang affiliation on records?

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    not every ? rapper from chicago is in gangs....

rockie fresh
    chance
    spenzo

but the more famous rappers/ GBE are all BD ? so what are you saying?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where my vice lords..? where my four corner hustler's
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i only been to chicago once..i need to go back and really get it in
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause ain't nobody got time fo dat
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Last rapper to rep GD on a rap song was JoJo. That didn't end quite well.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

nah not really bruh jojo ? rep that ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDct4NU3hQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgyNyRXPPnU
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    love
    life
    loyalty
    understanding
    wisdom
    knowledge
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only does the City of Chicago suffer from a deficit of rappers, (considering it's the third largest city in America by population,) you would think that more rappers would have came out of the Windy City. I guess it's a good thing, but how come more ? from Chicago don't rep their gang affiliation on records?
    New State ‘RICO’ Law Leads To Street Gang Arrests
    June 13, 2013 8:19 PM

anita_alvarez_0822.jpg?w=300
    Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez (Credit: CBS)

CHICAGO (AP) — Several dozen members of a Chicago street gang who are implicated in drug trafficking and murder have been charged under Illinois’ new racketeering law, authorities announced Thursday.

Racketeering and conspiracy charges were filed against 23 defendants who are primarily top leaders and members of the Black Souls gang, Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez said. An additional 18 suspects have been charged with state drug offenses and other crimes as a result of the investigation dubbed “Operation 40 Cal.”

“These leaders tend to insulate themselves and this law helps law enforcement ? the veil of secrecy,” Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said.

Among those charged were Cornel Dawson, 38, the reputed leader of the Black Souls, and his second-in-command, Teron Odum, 34, authorities said. Also arrested were four gang leaders responsible for managing the gang’s street drug markets. They were identified by authorities as Antwan Davis, 30; Ulysses Polk, 32; Clifton Lemon, 41; and Jeff Thompson, 44.

The charges were unsealed Thursday in an affidavit and criminal complaints filed by the State’s Attorney’s Office in Cook County Criminal Court.

Authorities say Dawson was captured on recordings saying he warned younger Black Souls not to snitch, adding he suspected he was under investigation for murder.

Prosecutors accused the gang in at least six killings, including the June 24, 2002, murder of Charles Watson.

A member of the Black Souls had accused two lower-ranking members of the gang, including Watson, of stealing money and drugs from him, authorities say. As a result, the two were beaten, resulting in the death of Watson. Authorities say Watson’s murder highlighted the gang’s use of violence as a disciplinary tool.

The racketeering case against the gang also accuses members of being involved in the July 2011 shooting of two Chicago police officers who tried to stop a Black Souls member for allegedly dealing drugs. One officer was grazed in the head and wounded in the arm. A second officer was shot in the head, and a bullet remains lodged behind his ear.

Alvis Holley remains jailed on attempted murder charges in the shooting.

Gov. Pat Quinn last year signed the Illinois Street Gang RICO Act, which gives state’s attorneys similar powers to the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. Prior to passage of the law, state’s attorneys have only been able to prosecute gang crimes as individual acts, barring pursuit of gang leaders for the actions of their members.

“This gives us a larger net in order to attack the entire gang,” Alvarez said.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/13/new-state-rico-law-leads-to-sreet-gang-arrests/

Do you really want to see a repeat of this on a larger scale?
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of these shootings in Chicago aren't done by gang members though (even in the areas plagued by "gang violence").

• lord_infamous
    lord_infamous Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think Crucial Conflict used to on some songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=entOrbO82KQ

To the Left:

Someone from Chi school me, i always heard this song was basically a song about being a VL....
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess because it's easier reppin your set...and it seem like they got beef within their own nation...so you sound crazy saying 7-4-14 and the next bar saying GDK
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry we don't rep our gangs like New York.....Oh wait they repping other cities gangs like Chicago and LA. Latin King, Bloods, Crips....smh Freddie Gibbs calling out Jim Jones for throwing up Vice Lord.....I can't take New York seriously smh get back to break dancing
  • soul rattler
    Options

nah not really bruh jojo ? rep that ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDct4NU3hQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgyNyRXPPnU

Not only was he seen throwing up forks along with the rest of the people in his infamous video, but there's multiple sources that say he was affiliated with Brick Squad GD's. I knew the kid when he went to John Hope.

If there's any confusion, it's because he probably wasn't educated well on that culture. His recklessness was evidence of that.

Anyway, ignorant thread.
  • DavyBlue
    DavyBlue Members Posts: 95
    Options
    Ebone Hoodrich is Mafia Insane Vice Lord
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regardless of what you may think, see or hear Chicago is not a Hip Hop city. House music "the real House music" was birthed here. As far as the Gang reppin with rap.music goes Common put it best "Black Disciples and ViceLords who dont give a ? about mic cords"
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lzsH3.gif

It's true. How many nationally known artists have came out of Chicago as compared to areas that are comparable in size, such as New York or L.A.? Surprisingly very. Hell there has been more nationally known artists out of Queensbridge (though the largest housing project in the world,) than Chicago. The same goes for Atlanta, New Orleans, arguably Houston and the Bay Area, though you make the argument that you shouldn't count The Bay as a city, but as a region.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peace almighty we rep dat 5 evrywhere we go eastside woop woop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VVsxo1bvA
    lep_jim_jones.jpg

jj1.jpg
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peace almighty we rep dat 5 evrywhere we go eastside woop woop
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VVsxo1bvA
    lep_jim_jones.jpg

jj1.jpg

Vamp Life

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? playing chess
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in the city more on money then rapping or hating on the next man or female. This the city haters anyway. Plus most ? don't put there gang in there raps because if they blowup they getting tax point blank period.