The 10 Best Hamburger Stands in America, Yea or Nay to the List?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
According to The Daily Meal these are the best hamburger stands in America:

http://www.thedailymeal.com/america-s-top-10-chain-burgers

10) BurgerFi-Exterior-Sunrise4-thumb-512x320.jpg

Mostly Florida and Texas

9) fatburger-300x200.jpg

Mainly Los Angeles

8) Bobbys+burger+palace+by+Stella+Dacuma+Schour.jpg

Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.

7) Burger-Joint-The-20080706025533.jpg

Philadelphia

6) 100729-whataburger-hmed-1105a.grid-6x2.jpg

Texas, Florida, and Tennessee

Comments

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fatburger's Are All Over LA...They Aiiight...In And Out Should Be Near The Top...I Prefer Farmer Boy's Myself But What LA Lacks In Good Pizza Spots They Make Up For In Burgers....
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whataburger always has bugs and ? in their food so ? that place. There is place in valley here that is call papa burgers I think, best damn hamburger I had in my life.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Whataburger always has bugs and ? in their food so ? that place. There is place in valley here that is call papa burgers I think, best damn hamburger I had in my life.

No..? the Whataburger you go to...I've never had an issue with any Whataburger
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    5 img_2677__large.jpg

Los Angeles, so to be coming to Miami, New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas, and Philadelphia.

4) steaknshake.jpg

Illinois

3) 6681593411_fa007f4340_o1.jpg

D. C. Mid-Atlantic States, and I saw one in Fresno, CA

2 in-n-out-burger.jpg

California, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.

1 367px-Shake_Shack_Madison_Square.jpg

New York City

Rex isn't mad at the top three, but is Shake Shack better than In N Out? Rex will have to go to both within a week's time period and report back. I will say that In N Out and Five Guys are a better dollar than Shake Shack. With Five Guys though you're spending $15 for a chesseburger, fries, and a soda, you're getting HELLA food. You get a cup full of fries, plus extra fries in the bag, free refills on the soda, plus all-you-can-eat peanuts.

In N Out can easily charge you $10 for their food, the quality is just that good, but the fact you're getting that quality tasty ass food for $6 is sick. However, with Shake Shack, though it's comparable in price to Five Guys, the chesseburger is hella good, and even though they give you the extra food, they make up for it by serving beer and wine. Some of the Five Guys locations have closed, like one one in the photograph. That was at Flatbush Ave and Fulton St. and one about a mile away at Flatbush and 7th Ave are more. I guess the rent was too ? high and they weren't selling enough hamburgers.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Five Guys better be on there.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In-N-Out is def. the most popular burger joint in CA.

Five Guys is good, not better than In-N-Out, though.

Fat Burger is good too, probably on the same level as Five Guys.

Never heard of the rest.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    theres a five guys in Pembroke pines fl somewhere near pines mall. I like their fries. I remember I had this big ass triple stack cheese burger from the cheesecake factory ruby Tuesdays also makes good burgers and melts. family restaurant burgers I used to eat in my early childhood were the best tasting to me I can't remember the name of the place though it was something similar to a place like morrisons or something.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet none of those compare to my homemade cheese bacon cheeseburger
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah imo five guys should be number 1
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Five Guys was good when I had it like 5 or 6 years ago but I find it hard to believe that it should be ranked that high.
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Five Guys is awesome, but their food is a little expensive. My ass ended up paying damn near eleven dollars for a double cheeseburger, some Cajun fries and a drink.

Whataburger is awesome too, but the ? got closed down. No sight of that ? anywhere in Orlando.

Steak n Shake??? Only thing worth eating are the burgers and even those aren't that great. You're asking for a death wish if you order anything else.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Honorable Mentions

fast-food-mascots_jack.jpgand w475h356.jpg

Hands down, as far as the best large chain hamburger spots, it's s toss up right between these two. Jack in the Box, is just doing too much though. I was going to this muthafucka every payday. Plus right before I left the Bay in '07, the change their shake recipe, Jack in the Box's shake are probably the best ? shake you can get out of fast food place.

4315405.JPG

I'm getting "real Bay with it," now. Nation's is a East Bay instituion and a damn good burger. The shakes are thick as ? , but their good nonetheless. They also serve a mean breakfast.

3054563178_8d126e5741_z.jpg

Again, being local as ? but this spot across the street from Albany Bowl in Albany, CA has some good ? too.

mel-s-drive-inn.jpg

This was the spot that supposedly gave Lucas the inspiration for American Graffiti, but I digress. I've never eaten at this location in San Francisco, but I have ate at the on that used to be on Shattuck Ave in Berkeley. When I was home last month, they had a new location in Pinole, but I didn't go there. Mel's had a very good burger and shakes.

redonion4.jpg

Red Onion, just inside of El Cerrito, CA across the street from Home Depot. Red Onion is giving Nation's a strong run at having the best burger in the East Bay. My Boo-Boo prefer it to Nation's, hella she even preferred this location to the original location in El Sobrante. I'm New York didn't have a good hamburger game for the longest, because before I changed my diet, I would have been a fat ? out 'chere.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Dan's , Huts, ? Martin's, and Your Mom's Burger Bar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all of those listed
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jack In The Box BruH? Really? Thats The Most Pedestrian Non-Descript Bland Burger Joint I Ever Been Too...I Only Go There Cuz Its ? Food And They Open Late Nights...Carl's Is Makes A Good Solid Burger But They Flame Broil They're ? So They All Taste Like Different Variations Of The Whopper
  • Maximus Rex
    edited July 2013
    Options
    These are some NYC spots that have good burgers

9010.jpg

This spot on 3rd Ave between 12th and 13th is cool.

bareburger.jpg

Bree Burger is the ? , because the cattle was feed all of that crazy ? , nor were the animals pumped full of hormones, the cattle, and other animals such as the bison and boar,) where grass feed. The burgers were cool too. I prefer the bison opposed to the beef, and the wild boar was nothing spectacular, so I'll have to try it again. This is one I go to on corner of 7th Ave 1st St. in Park Slope.

Rex needs you NYC ? with the proper frame of reference to school me on the following eateries:

alg_juniors_cheesecake.jpg

I had the cheese cake and it was cool, but supposedly these muthafuckas have damn good hamburgers too.

atm16n-1-web.jpg

I've been told one more than one occasion that Jackson Hole (especially the Astoria location,) has the best burgers in the City? Is this true
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer smash burger over five guys. Whataburger is the best fastfood burger in texas
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if theres an in and out in Michigan
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Oh Mars wrote: »
    I prefer smash burger over five guys. Whataburger is the best fastfood burger in texas

It's way too salty for me

• Maximus Rex
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Go back and read the posts.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Go back and read the posts.

they got steak and shakes and 5 guys here and it dont say it in that post
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4315405.JPG

Bruh .... They ain't knowing about nations tho .... Their chili fries & cheesecake >>>>>>>>>>>
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Company started n my city

Thats cheese

xP2Xze0.jpg
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this place in omaha called Brewburgers is pretty damn good imo

c364af8a-50b0-4149-a1c3-b28250ec38dd.jpg

thumb_600.jpg?1325377089
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm about ready to go get a burger for dinner damn yall for making me waste money with all these pics of food.