Detroit filed for bankruptcy.

Options

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow, they just letting that city rot. GM knew exactly what they were doing...
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit -Warren/Conner checking in. Most DET residents know that there is a huge movement of power movers and shakers in the D. Cats like Dan Gilbert are buying up property like its Baltic Ave on a Monopoly board. Just because the CITY is going bankrupt doesnt mean the end of the world. @Pau Hate their are plenty of business moving into the city. All of the new developments are starting from Downtown and branching out.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit -Warren/Conner checking in. Most DET residents know that there is a huge movement of power movers and shakers in the D. Cats like Dan Gilbert are buying up property like its Baltic Ave on a Monopoly board. Just because the CITY is going bankrupt doesnt mean the end of the world. @Pau Hate their are plenty of business moving into the city. All of the new developments are starting from Downtown and branching out.

Oh yeah, it's a real up and coming place now.

Dan-Gilbert.jpg

mr-potter-greedy-banker-pic.jpg
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    For those of yall who never heen to the D here is a quick summary of went wrong.
    1) political curruption
    2) almost all of the significant retail and shopping sit across 8mile Rd. This means that their is a very limited amount of tax revenue returning to the city.
    3). Our school system is also BROKE.
    4) Poverty + Poor Education= CRIME
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    A whole city is on ashy larry status and yall arguing about which sports team is better? Leave it to some ? to argue about some trivial ? then talk about what's important...........................

Yall both suck ? NYC ALL SAY HOE
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't be @ing me ? nugga.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'm ? up, but I chuckled a lil bit at first glance of the thread title. That's terrible though.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Options
    @PaulHate my bad fam. With those 4,000 post and all that typing I know your trigga finger is on Boss Mode. Ill retreat back to my humble Detroit streets where the ppl are quiet and respectful.

? you aint worth a mosquito ? on a nut rag.
  • I_Am
    I_Am Members Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks to Democrats, Unions, Black people and white flight.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit haters can go lick ass bruh

Detroit stand up
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn..this turned into a Chicago vs. Detroit thread..
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    according to this chart,

avg police response time was 57 minutes in detroit, it is 39 minutes, the target is 43.83 minutes so they are ? up getting to people in need too fast now and need to slow it down a bit, maybe stop and get a cup of coffee at a drive thru for example.

http://www.detroitmi.gov/DetroitPerformanceDashboard.aspx
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit produces some pretty decent Hip Hop though. Well, lately not so much... but yea.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I_Am wrote: »
    Thanks to Democrats, Unions, Black people and white flight.
    welcome the the IC.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit is a lot like a lot of others cities across America that began to decline after the riots of the 60's. Add that with years of corruption and a declining population and you get what we have today. And you brothers arguing about whether Chi or Detroit is better is straight foolish. Detroit and Chicago are similar in which most of the blacks just occupy the neighborhoods without owning any of the wealth. This fact alone doesn't give you much of a right to brag about anything.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Late to the party...

For starters, Detoit has been in a decline for numerous reasons-Crooked politicians,Reliant on 1 industry, and not being innovative. City been in recession mode for 2 decades, just now had to pull the plug.

The city is not all bad, just like the news feeds you ? aboutChicago, they portray the city just as bad.

As for the Detroitvs Chicago ? , there is a small disdain for each other, but we both have family in each city. Every time I've been, it's been love. Most cats in each city ? with each other, especially if its money involved. Just as wild as Chicago is, Detroit is wilder. Chicago has 2 bad sides really( may have changed, last visit was 07), where as in Detroit you can get clapped anywhere. Detroiters are Proud of our city good or bad, and will whoop ass over it.

Detroit IS recognized worldwide, from a ? who has been to multiple countries. ? hate to admit it, but they RESPECT ? from Detroit off top, they know not to try us. Shame on these ? NOT from Chicago throwing rocks, if you not from another major city that is prospering, ? and just click reactions, Midwest ? really get their hands ? , not sure about some of these other cats.

New York went through a similar case in the late 80s and bounced back very profitable, Detroit will do the same.

Regentrification is what is going to happen next, not thrilled about it. Detroit is being bought up by rich mufuckas for the low. I am tryna buy as much property as I can to redevelop. In 15 years the city will be better off. I am finishing my degree to take part in leading it to a better place.

What up doe? To my Detroit Posters. Sup Joe to the Chi ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the hell is regentrification lol
  • Ghost313
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What the hell is regentrification lol

Gerald, you cool , but google my ? , google.

It is what we as Blacks need to be aware of in any major city USA. Lawerence fFISHBURNE told us about it in Boys in the HOOD. And it has gained steam since then.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Send Trick Trick out to get yall some money damn... Fail!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol if gentrification is the replacement of poor residents with "gentry" what's regentrification
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Lol if gentrification is the replacement of poor residents with "gentry" what's regentrification

My bad, I put the re in there. ? u knew what I was talmbout.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    championship_2.jpg

Even Ben Wallace went back to the D after going to the Chi.

He was like:

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lkDcxEskOhg/UW6iVvLjDPI/AAAAAAAAVSk/U1wJ2-np7kQ/s1600/? -this.? -im-out.gif[/img]