Timbaland Says Nas New Album Will Be Phenomenal

Options
124»

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always wanted to hear Just Blaze and Nas.

I'd keep Salaam, Chucky, maybe throw in a bit of Mark Ronson, and No ID.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn......I been cryin all day cuz my gf break up and i went to this site and now i'm happy as ? !

Damn I love you Nas. Thank you!

get up and dance like Nas

hukhmp.jpg
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Haha thanks brother :)

Nas crippin in the rap city studio real ? ? had all dem ? shook
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw need to get Q-Tip to produce his next album, keep it straight Queens.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooo if em pulls a renegade on nas what will the ic say then ? Lol should be interesting. I don't see why nas won't drop the track with az tho what the hell
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You know bbc

Stands for ? ? ??

And swiss got a song called ? ....

Just saying
  • Earl Lee Risor
    Earl Lee Risor Members Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Man hell no. That picking somebody to do your album just off namesake ? is wack. Timbo's style don't fit with Nas. That ? is NEW YORK CITY, he needs a New York producer for an LP to be what it's supposed to be. That Jazz underpinning on life is good. DMX was better off with Dame Grease, but went with Swizz off the name. He still don't got a better album than It's Dark And Hell Is Hot. Nas trippin if he do this, if I can see it. I know he can. Euro Nas, ? That.

? is you talking about, name? X went with Swizz cuz Swizz was on the team & he knew & did joints with Swizz coming up. Just cuz Grease (or anyone else) makes dope beats on 1 project doesn't mean it's promised the next time. Grease produced joints on the next 2 & 3 X projects as well so what are you talking about?

Also, it's about deals. Reason Grease got to produce so much on that album was cuz he was managed by Ruff Ryders. It's definitely some business going on right now with Timbo & Jay-Z it ain't just a spontanous thing.

? really think music is math, like if you add this producer & this artist its a hit everytime. Music is timing, feeling, inspiration & chances.
    Man hell no. That picking somebody to do your album just off namesake ? is wack. Timbo's style don't fit with Nas. That ? is NEW YORK CITY, he needs a New York producer for an LP to be what it's supposed to be. That Jazz underpinning on life is good. DMX was better off with Dame Grease, but went with Swizz off the name. He still don't got a better album than It's Dark And Hell Is Hot. Nas trippin if he do this, if I can see it. I know he can. Euro Nas, ? That.

and where do you think Swizz Beat is from?? and who was Swizz Beatz before DMX?

Ya'll both right.That's why you don't speak on ? you're not totally clear on. I was reachin. But I still maintain that a Timberland helmed Nas album would be below standard. We all know that. I was happy with Salaam and No I.D. Perfect sound for Nas.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That new Nas coming out
    tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn......I been cryin all day cuz my gf break up and i went to this site and now i'm happy as ? !

Damn I love you Nas. Thank you!

Rofl
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I wont buy a Nas album with an Eminem feature...

Scared Em will ? Nas on his own ? ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I wont buy a Nas album with an Eminem feature...

Scared Em will ? Nas on his own ? ?

Nah... I just don't like the ? ...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I always wanted to hear Just Blaze and Nas.

I'd keep Salaam, Chucky, maybe throw in a bit of Mark Ronson, and No ID.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ4gOcMzjZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpyZf6aiCoo

its a shame they never finished that track
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

People tend to judge Nas tracks by the names of the people producing. Even though Q Tip gave Nas classics in "One Love" and "World Is Yours Remix", their most recent collaboration ("American Way" from Street's Disciple) wasn't anywhere near that quality. I still remember people saying "That's My B****" from Watch The Throne was one of the weakest songs on that album and that was co-produced by Q-Tip.

Yet people cried about Salaam Remi and that Nas needed to get rid of him despite him producing some of Nas's best work. The best songs on Street's Disciple were his beats. He helmed ? 's Son and Life Is Good and they are great albums in Nas's catalog.

People cried about will.i.am producing for Nas, yet "Can't Forget About You" was one of the better songs on that album. People said that Will would have Nas rappin' over beats like the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps". On an album with beats from producers like Dre, Kanye, and Scott Storch, that beat was still one of the best on the album.

With Timbaland, they actually have made music together that was dope and solid ("To My", "You Won't See Me Tonight").

My point is that threre's a double standard with certain producers among Nas fans. For example, if this thread were "Kanye West says Nas New Album Will Be Phenomenal", it would've been deemed classic before one note was even heard. Forget all the negative reaction to Yeezus. People would be saying, "Nas gonna have Kanye back on his soul sound" without thinking Kanye could very well have Nas spittin' over a beat like "On Sight".

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but u owe me is a classic record
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

People tend to judge Nas tracks by the names of the people producing. Even though Q Tip gave Nas classics in "One Love" and "World Is Yours Remix", their most recent collaboration ("American Way" from Street's Disciple) wasn't anywhere near that quality. I still remember people saying "That's My B****" from Watch The Throne was one of the weakest songs on that album and that was co-produced by Q-Tip.

Yet people cried about Salaam Remi and that Nas needed to get rid of him despite him producing some of Nas's best work. The best songs on Street's Disciple were his beats. He helmed ? 's Son and Life Is Good and they are great albums in Nas's catalog.

People cried about will.i.am producing for Nas, yet "Can't Forget About You" was one of the better songs on that album. People said that Will would have Nas rappin' over beats like the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps". On an album with beats from producers like Dre, Kanye, and Scott Storch, that beat was still one of the best on the album.

With Timbaland, they actually have made music together that was dope and solid ("To My", "You Won't See Me Tonight").

My point is that threre's a double standard with certain producers among Nas fans. For example, if this thread were "Kanye West says Nas New Album Will Be Phenomenal", it would've been deemed classic before one note was even heard. Forget all the negative reaction to Yeezus. People would be saying, "Nas gonna have Kanye back on his soul sound" without thinking Kanye could very well have Nas spittin' over a beat like "On Sight".

Real tizzy.