3K is in my top 5...*shrugs*
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know how Andre can be top 5 in the South, but Big Boi can't
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    3000 can legitimately be considered top 10, maybe top 5 of all time. Big Boi aint top 5 in the south. Keep ? real

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgYwX8uKPbM5kvVEJoNUGj_QkEHb1IxJmP1Z6CH6fjVK-jmLV8yA
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3000 can legitimately be considered top 10, maybe top 5 of all time. Big Boi aint top 5 in the south. Keep ? real

Name a top 5 southern rapper list that has Big Boi in it....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2013
    Options

Easy. Heres mine.

1. 3000
    2. Scarface
    3. Big Boi
    4. Bun B
    5. TI
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quote="nex gin;6087437"]
    NOT BETTER BUT EQUAL....IVE ALWAYS SAID STANKONIA WAS BIGBOIS ALBUM....BUT THAT SPEAKERBOXX WAS TTTRRRRRRAAAAASSSHHH

That excess melanin done fried your brain bruh. Agreed that Speakerboxx was trash, but they have never been equal. [/quote]

SINCE STANKONIA.....NOT BEFORE..BIGBOI DONE STEPPED HIS GAME UP BIG TIME BUT HE AINT NEVER BEEN BETTER THAN DRE
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

Easy. Heres mine.

1. 3000
    2. Scarface
    3. Big Boi
    4. Bun B
    5. TI

CELLO
    BUNB
    MJG
    PROJECT PAT/BIGBOI
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is Jay Elect???
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Boi still the most disrespected rapper in the game I see...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think mine would be

1. Luda
    2. Tip
    3. 3000
    4. Playa Fly
    5. Big Boi
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree that Dre hasn't been giving a ? since Stankonia, and Big Boi is the reason Outkast is still even talked about today, but Dre still always has that spark. He still kills features whenever he wants to, and if I would put THAT Dre and Big Boi in the same song, I don't think Big Boi could hang. But based on what he's done in rap for the past 3 years, yeah... Big Boi>>>>>>>Dre right now.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Easy. Heres mine.

1. 3000
    2. Scarface
    3. Big Boi
    4. Bun B
    5. TI

You can't go wrong with that top 5.
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
    Up until after stankonia, yea big been at it. But i would never say Big Boi better than 3stacks. When u listen to both together, you always check for what Dre finna spit. and with big boi i just love being surprised by him. Outkast my fave duo tied along with UGK. can bump both on heavy repeat!
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They both dope
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre like that ? who turned in that A paper 3 years ago.

? I still don't want you on my team project off class project that one time.

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The way I see it is this:

1) They both dropped their best verses on songs with each other. Only "Thought Process" featuring Andre 3000 is arguable since Big Boi isn't featured on that song and it's one of Andre's best verses.

2) The scale tips in Big Boi's favor because we know he's capable of delivering good to great Hip Hop albums as a solo artist. Speakerboxxx, Sir Lucious, and Vicious Lies are proof of that. Love Below proves Andre 3000 to be a great artist, but it doesn't showcase him as an MC even though he raps on some of the songs.

3) Up until Speakerboxxx/Love Below, it was Big Boi murdering features (Young Bloodz "85", Missy's "All N My Grill", Jay's "Poppin' Tags" to name a few, because there's more). From 2006 to present, it's been Andre killing the features.

4) Even though I feel Andre 3000 is the better MC, it says a lot of Big Boi, because it's like Big Boi pushed Andre to be better as an MC. It was like, "Oh so Big gon attack the track like that, let me see what I can come up with". When Andre hops on a track with someone else, it's dope, maybe even great, but when he's on a track with Big Boi it's incredible. Same goes for Big Boi.
  • warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BB will always be considered wingman to A3K.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2) The scale tips in Big Boi's favor because we know he's capable of delivering good to great Hip Hop albums as a solo artist. Speakerboxxx, Sir Lucious, and Vicious Lies are proof of that. Love Below proves Andre 3000 to be a great artist, but it doesn't showcase him as an MC even though he raps on some of the songs.

You call those solo albums? There's a feature on pretty much every track.

• MARIO_DRO
    Options

1) They both dropped their best verses on songs with each other. Only "Thought Process" featuring Andre 3000 is arguable since Big Boi isn't featured on that song and it's one of Andre's best verses.

3) Up until Speakerboxxx/Love Below, it was Big Boi murdering features (Young Bloodz "85", Missy's "All N My Grill", Jay's "Poppin' Tags" to name a few, because there's more). From 2006 to present, it's been Andre killing the features.

4) Even though I feel Andre 3000 is the better MC, it says a lot of Big Boi, because it's like Big Boi pushed Andre to be better as an MC. It was like, "Oh so Big gon attack the track like that, let me see what I can come up with". When Andre hops on a track with someone else, it's dope, maybe even great, but when he's on a track with Big Boi it's incredible. Same goes for Big Boi.

3000 HAD VERSE OF THE YEAR WITH THAT "INTERNATIONAL PLAYAS ANTHEM"....EEEEEEEVVVERRYYYYBBODY KILLED BIG BOI ON THAT SONG
  • thehonorable
    Options
    warren98 wrote: »
    BB will always be considered wingman to A3K.

When did this happen?

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dro is such a 3 Stacks stan.

it's disgusting
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Dro is such a 3 Stacks stan.

it's disgusting

AM I LYIN ? ?...SOURCE VOTED HIS VERSE VERSE OF THE YEAR
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know how Andre can be top 5 in the South, but Big Boi can't

This is easy, cuz Andre' doesn't even have half the material that Big Boi has out but YET when we hear that 3000 is on a track EVERYBODY is checkin for that when Big Boi last two albums came and went.

• nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

3000 HAD VERSE OF THE YEAR WITH THAT "INTERNATIONAL PLAYAS ANTHEM"....

that verse just might be the most overrated verse of all time... it's not that it isn't good, but in no way did he outdo Big on that song
  • thehonorable
    Options

3000 HAD VERSE OF THE YEAR WITH THAT "INTERNATIONAL PLAYAS ANTHEM"....

that verse just might be the most overrated verse of all time... it's not that it isn't good, but in no way did he outdo Big on that song

Big Boi batted cleanup. People dont know what they are talking about man.