• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Pac, Dre, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Nate, Warren G vs Biggie

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Deathrow had a deeper and overall made more timeless Bad Boy at least is still somewhat relevant today.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Ya'll are forgetting that Bad Boy wasn't strictly rap music. They had Faith Evans, 112 and Total. They all put out solid R&B albums. I voted for Bad Boy.

Like Deathrow was strictly rap music, cmon man
    But yeah, Bad Boy did had some cool R&B ?

And let's not forget the production part on BB (Biggie) albums

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Death Row has he better catalog of work over Bad Boy.
    Other then Biggie, The L.O.X. and Ma$e, Bad Boy to me was a R&B label.
    Bad Boy should be renamed Diddy Records now, u get more Diddy albums then any of the artists that was signed.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Even being from NY, I gotta go with Deathrow. I still play The Chronic and ?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    there were many after them but there will never be another
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie is better than any album,artist or anything ever released from death row.Snoop 1st album is garbage,chronic 2001 was garbage,all eyez on me is garbage

Big>>>>>>>>>Their whole roster
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all know about Pac & Snoop. But Kurupt, Rage were SERIOUS. Rage is probably the goat female artist an actually wrote her ? . Kurupt at the time was the best mc to me. ? couldn't ? with Deathrow or the west coast back then and this is coming from a southern ?
  • dollarandadream
    dollarandadream Members Posts: 236
    Options
    Bad Boy Records
    Bad Boy ran the 90's
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Deathrow records 82%
    Bad Boy records 17%

hmmmz..
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    liked both labels.
    dont give a ? bout da hype war!
    battleofpoitiers.jpg
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Biggie is better than any album,artist or anything ever released from death row.Snoop 1st album is garbage,chronic 2001 was garbage,all eyez on me is garbage

Ain't you a lil too old for trolling?
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy Records
    Bad boy was my favorite.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My opinion aint trollin bruh.I've consistently said them albums are wacc and it's laughable to think biggie isn't a better mc and had 2 albums better than everybody on death row roster.Lemme guess daz,snoop,rage,pac and dr dre compare to big right?

24dhuuh.gif

Foh
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    My opinion aint trollin bruh.I've consistently said them albums are wacc and it's laughable to think biggie isn't a better mc and had 2 albums better than everybody on death row roster.Lemme guess daz,snoop,rage,pac and dr dre compare to big right?

24dhuuh.gif

Foh

Nobody said they were better than Big's albums. The only ones to make that case is ? , The Chronic, and All Eyez On Me. But Big was Bad Boys entire meal ticket while Deathrow kept filling the airwaves with hits. There is no comparison. Deathrow and its legacy ? all over Bad Boy. Big was the only reason that company stayed afloat.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records

You've lost your right to have your post get taken seriously troll

chronic and ? Gargage? haha

Even Biggie wounldnt agree with you with him being low key on Snoops ? gtfoh

"Im sittin in the crib dreaming about leer jets and coops
    The way Salt shoops and how they sell records LIKE SNOOP"

* shrugs *
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Chronic Album beats >>>>>> any album production Badboy put out past, present,or future.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Bad Boy Records

24dhuuh.gif

Foh

Nobody said they were better than Big's albums. The only ones to make that case is ? , The Chronic, and All Eyez On Me. But Big was Bad Boys entire meal ticket while Deathrow kept filling the airwaves with hits. There is no comparison. Deathrow and its legacy ? all over Bad Boy. Big was the only reason that company stayed afloat .

This couldn't be further form the truth. Bad Boy in 1997 alone had a plethora of hits. All of them from the Rap artists on the label. "Hypnotize", "Mo Money, Mo Problems", "Been Around The World", "It's All About the Benjamins", and "I'll Be Missin' You" all peaked in the Top 3 of the Billboard 100 in 1997. All of those either featured Biggie or were about Biggie, but "Can't Hold Me Down" was a #1 hit, Mase's "Feel So Good" peaked at #5 and "What You Want" peaked at #6.

Bad Boy's legacy is arguably greater than Death Row's for the fact that it transcends Hip Hop. Bad Boy at one point was Urban music. How many R&B artists and even Pop stars like Mariah had a Bad Boy remix? Jay Z and LL both had The Hitmen (Bad Boy's in house producers) to helm their albums in '97.

After Biggie died, Puff was going 7X platinum and Mase was 3X platinum. Shyne and Black Rob both had platinum albums in 2000.

People are seriously underrating and downplaying Bad Boy's dominance, legacy, and significance to Hip Hop (not only Hip Hop, but music period).
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records
    Hip Hop heads will talk about Pac, Dre, and Snoop forever. Badboy has only 1 Artist you can say the same for.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Deathrow Records

24dhuuh.gif

Foh

Nobody said they were better than Big's albums. The only ones to make that case is ? , The Chronic, and All Eyez On Me. But Big was Bad Boys entire meal ticket while Deathrow kept filling the airwaves with hits. There is no comparison. Deathrow and its legacy ? all over Bad Boy. Big was the only reason that company stayed afloat .

This couldn't be further form the truth. Bad Boy in 1997 alone had a plethora of hits. All of them from the Rap artists on the label. "Hypnotize", "Mo Money, Mo Problems", "Been Around The World", "It's All About the Benjamins", and "I'll Be Missin' You" all peaked in the Top 3 of the Billboard 100 in 1997. All of those either featured Biggie or were about Biggie, but "Can't Hold Me Down" was a #1 hit, Mase's "Feel So Good" peaked at #5 and "What You Want" peaked at #6.

Bad Boy's legacy is arguably greater than Death Row's for the fact that it transcends Hip Hop. Bad Boy at one point was Urban music. How many R&B artists and even Pop stars like Mariah had a Bad Boy remix? Jay Z and LL both had The Hitmen (Bad Boy's in house producers) to helm their albums in '97.

After Biggie died, Puff was going 7X platinum and Mase was 3X platinum. Shyne and Black Rob both had platinum albums in 2000.

People are seriously underrating and downplaying Bad Boy's dominance, legacy, and significance to Hip Hop (not only Hip Hop, but music period).

Yea after Suge was incarcerated, pac was murdered, and the company went to ? . All them ? you named were one album wonders. During Deathrow's glory days, bad boy wasn't holding a candle to Deathrow.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy Records

24dhuuh.gif

Foh

Yea after Suge was incarcerated, pac was murdered, and the company went to ? . All them ? you named were one album wonders. During Deathrow's glory days, bad boy wasn't holding a candle to Deathrow.

I agree that Death Row ran it from '92-'94. Bad Boy didn't give them any real competition until '95 when Ready To Die really started catching on, but didn't really dominate until 1997.

As for the one album wonder thing:

Dre dropped one album on Death Row and bounced to start Aftermath

Dogg Pound only had one successful album on Death Row

Pac and Snoop dropped about the same amount of albums on Death Row as Mase dropped on Bad Boy

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Deathrow Records

24dhuuh.gif

Foh

I agree that Death Row ran it from '92-'94. Bad Boy didn't give them any real competition until '95 when Ready To Die really started catching on, but didn't really dominate until 1997.

Pac and Snoop dropped about the same amount of albums on Death Row as Mase dropped on Bad Boy

Dogg pound are the only argument you have as one album wonders. Them bad boy ? disappeared off the map when they left the label.
  • warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Boooo!
    Your post is garbage. ?

I'm voting DeathRow.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deathrow Records

24dhuuh.gif

Foh

Really 92-94? Try 92-96

Pac was doing his thing in 96 Bigge wasn't doing ? in 96 as of dropping an album.

Pac was the biggest name in Hip Hop in 96.
    Dropping All Eyez On Me and 7Day Theroy in that year and those albums are classic and arguably
    Top 100 albums in Hip Hop.
    Bad Boys legacy was 95% Biggie
    no other rapper on bad boy is still around.

They either became pastors
    Converted to Islam
    Or Disappeared

Dre and Snoop still around
    Pacs name is still being brought up
    Daz just dropped an album
    Kurupt still around
    Nate passed but was still making dope hooks before he died.

Other then Biggie you can't compare no one on Bad Boy to anyone Deathrow.

Having Snoop/Dre/and Pac on one label is like having

Magic,Jordan,and Drexler on one team.

Even without those 3 you have Nate,Daz,Kurupt,Michelle and Danny Boy.

Deathrow >>> BadBoy