The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw da Knicks nd Grizzlies are in talks wit Delonte West hopefully he can get another shot when healthy nd his head on straight dude can play always one of my favorite players
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Grizzlies should make a move for Mo, him and Bay can keep them in games or shoot them back into games, also shoot them out of games but I think more often than not having 2 good shooters off the bench its going to produce results, plus I cant even think of one big move they made where everyone else in the league has gotten better, I thought Delfino would have been the move for them, a backcourt with him and Tony Allen would of been fun to watch
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Is Granger really gonna come off the bench?

I'm pretty sure someone posted an article that said hes cool coming off the bench
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I got Golden State winning it this year, it will be terrible for ratings, but I really think they can get past OKC, the key is Bogut being 100%, along with the rest of the team of course but if they don't have the presence in the paint on both ends, they don't have a chance, i'm taking a risk putting money on it and saying it looking like an idiot right now, I think Mark Jackson is one of the btter coaches in the league and upper management knows what it takes to win a ship, that fan base is filled with a bunch of ? BLU like fans who booed the owner for trading Monta for Bogut I had my hands on my head like "what the ? is wrong with these people" because it was a brilliant trade, and that organization has been moving in the right direction ever since

That would be like OKC winning it all in 2011. Good luck with that.

I'm still looking at OKC as that team you have to get through even though I very well could be looking at San an but its hard to believe San An will come back as strong and until OKC shows me they replaced Harden then I really believe GS got all the pieces in place to come out the west, I don't know about Lamb and I didn't watch any of these summer league guys, I could be completely wrong, either way I know it wont be anything less than a 7 game series, at the end of the day ill take those chances as far as vegas odds goes
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    saw da Knicks nd Grizzlies are in talks wit Delonte West hopefully he can get another shot when healthy nd his head on straight dude can play always one of my favorite players

If the Knicks end up with Harrington and West ill say this they wont be a team you want to see in the first round, but other that, it doesn't matter what they do
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm done for the day if I don't get a chance to remind yall tomorrow, remembering Reggie will be on at 8, powerful documentary on Reggie Lewis for the old school heads and real basketball fans in general
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Golden State winning it this year, it will be terrible for ratings, but I really think they can get past OKC, the key is Bogut being 100%, along with the rest of the team of course but if they don't have the presence in the paint on both ends, they don't have a chance, i'm taking a risk putting money on it and saying it looking like an idiot right now, I think Mark Jackson is one of the btter coaches in the league and upper management knows what it takes to win a ship, that fan base is filled with a bunch of ? BLU like fans who booed the owner for trading Monta for Bogut I had my hands on my head like "what the ? is wrong with these people" because it was a brilliant trade, and that organization has been moving in the right direction ever since

I'm still looking at OKC as that team you have to get through even though I very well could be looking at San an but its hard to believe San An will come back as strong and until OKC shows me they replaced Harden then I really believe GS got all the pieces in place to come out the west, I don't know about Lamb and I didn't watch any of these summer league guys, I could be completely wrong, either way I know it wont be anything less than a 7 game series, at the end of the day ill take those chances as far as vegas odds goes

LoL, y'all nikkas ? me with this lamb ish.

If you watched the playoffs this year then you should know who our 6th man is, and his name ain't Lamb.

Hint: He was our 2nd leading scorer when Russ went down.

I know what you're thinking tho. Sports picks are "trendy" like fashion and since OKC didn't win it all and GS is on the uptick it just seems "right" that they're going up and everybody else is going down. It might work like that in music and fashion, but not always in sports.

Warriors looked promising in the playoffs, tho. No doubt. But if anybody is sleeping on us simply because of the Grizzlies series and the fact that we didn't reach on any free agents (which we've NEVER done), then just look at it this way:

We just "added" the biggest name of the offseason...
    WestbrookSource24Posterizes1366x768.jpg&h=393&w=700&q=90

I like the Warriors and they're definitely headed in the right direction. They remind me of OKC back in like 2010. Made an unexpected jump to a 50-win squad with good young talent. But just like we found out in 2011, the "old" guards ain't dead.... until they are.

Until then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8NGHM_S_Sx8
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

LoL, y'all nikkas ? me with this lamb ish.

If you watched the playoffs this year then you should know who our 6th man is, and his name ain't Lamb.

Hint: He was our 2nd leading scorer when Russ went down.

I know what you're thinking tho. Sports picks are "trendy" like fashion and since OKC didn't win it all and GS is on the uptick it just seems "right" that they're going up and everybody else is going down. It might work like that in music and fashion, but not always in sports.

Warriors looked promising in the playoffs, tho. No doubt. But if anybody is sleeping on us simply because of the Grizzlies series and the fact that we didn't reach on any free agents (which we've NEVER done), then just look at it this way:

We just "added" the biggest name of the offseason...
    WestbrookSource24Posterizes1366x768.jpg&h=393&w=700&q=90

I like the Warriors and they're definitely headed in the right direction. They remind me of OKC back in like 2010. Made an unexpected jump to a 50-win squad with good young talent. But just like we found out in 2011, the "old" guards ain't dead.... until they are.

Until then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8NGHM_S_Sx8

Just so you know I was gassing up GS before anyone thought they would even make the playoffs, I knew how good they would be before their own fans did, i'm not jumping on the bandwagon after the playoff success they had
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    And i'm not sleeping on OKC, its as interesting as the East out West, it will be a war
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    And i'm not sleeping on OKC, its as interesting as the East out West, it will be a war

As always.

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Before Amare pulled this grimey ass move, people were unaware of how nice Bogut was becoming and Milwaukee was a team I didn't even want the C's to see the year we lost to LA in the finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M-g5wZ5js4

before that injury ill go as far as say Bogut was a top 3 center, if he stays healthy I think he can be at least top 5
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I won a lot of money of that Milwaukee team after they traded for John Salmons, it was just a weird group of players to have the chemistry they did, Ridnour played his ass off the bench too
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I think Milwaukee brought back Ridnour as well as Delfino, I seen they sign Pachulia too? Mayo, Ilyasova, Sanders, they just gonna be one of those pain in the ass teams you don't want to see in the first round imo, could beat the knicks to be honest
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    If Wade can't stay healthy ? going to look bad for the heat against pacers.....

I think they needed to make some improvements, look at how much better the east just got and they pretty much stayed the same, if Bron gets back I will put him in the top 10 all time, arguably top 5 just off getting to the finals this year (barring injuries)

Yea and letting Mike Miller go wasn't wise even though riley wanted to keep him and the owner didn't....because we all know battier, cole, and ray ray is due for a long ass cold spree when playoffs come.......maybe Rashad will get some burn?

? reminds me of Shaq/Kobe 3-peat where they had to play world class ball and win off talent cause Sacramento was just a better overall team(Shaq words not mine).....

But yea if repeating was hard then Lebron needs to brace himself for this 3-peat.......
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'll hold off on digging Miami's grave too.

Chemistry and already being a contender/champ >>>> teams playing fantasy basketball for instant results.

Besides, if ? gets ugly for miami, I have NO doubt that they will reach on some blockbuster trade before the deadline. Not saying it will work, but they won't just sit there and get beasted.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Miami in the 4th quarter was incredible last year, no matter how bad they looked for 3 quarters they showed up when it counts
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No doubt pacers legit.I been sayin for months that's the team I'm worried about cuz they're in our division.

It's goin down next season Aint no real pacers fan on here so the woofin will be minimal
    No doubt pacers legit.I been sayin for months that's the team I'm worried about cuz they're in our division.

It's goin down next season Aint no real pacers fan on here so the woofin will be minimal[

C'mon my ?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Bulls aint the knicks.Bulls can rebound and defend knicks do neither well.If you knew anything about basketball you wouldn't even compare us to the knicks

Not even going back to see who put the Knicks above the Bulls but the Bulls with Nate and Belinelli and a hobbled Noah>>>this Knicks team, the Knicks should of stuck with their guns and they would have a legitimate team by now but they had to trade the whole team away for Melo, I swear on anything if the Knicks just kept building off that 2010 team they would be a true contender at this point

? was crazy they were building the team around Amare then trade half of the starting 5 for Melo and Chauncey, then turn around and amenstied Chauncey lol

Melo should have waited for free agency to go go new york
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hmm guess i must be the only that thinks Scola plays into the hands of the Heat/Bulls??
    He may be scrappy but his agile and i dont see that as a problem for either team..
    We will see next season tho..

I think they needed to make some improvements, look at how much better the east just got and they pretty much stayed the same, if Bron gets back I will put him in the top 10 all time, arguably top 5 just off getting to the finals this year (barring injuries)

Yea and letting Mike Miller go wasn't wise even though riley wanted to keep him and the owner didn't....because we all know battier, cole, and ray ray is due for a long ass cold spree when playoffs come.......maybe Rashad will get some burn?

? reminds me of Shaq/Kobe 3-peat where they had to play world class ball and win off talent cause Sacramento was just a better overall team(Shaq words not mine).....

But yea if repeating was hard then Lebron needs to brace himself for this 3-peat.......

Hmm as much as i hate losing Mike he barely played last year unless it was a blow out or Wade was injured..
    He hit some nice 3s during the playoffs as well but now them same shots will be given to Ray and Shane..
    Yall keeping throwing dirt tho we will see how it all plays out..
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm guess i must be the only that thinks Scola plays into the hands of the Heat/Bulls??
    He may be scrappy but his agile and i dont see that as a problem for either team..
    We will see next season tho..

Hmm as much as i hate losing Mike he barely played last year unless it was a blow out or Wade was injured..
    He hit some nice 3s during the playoffs as well but now them same shots will be given to Ray and Shane..
    Yall keeping throwing dirt tho we will see how it all plays out..

Naw not throwing dirt...? im a pelicans fan lol....But just saying I think Miller late in post season time will be missed....

Miller 3pt% was getting a lot of attention when Spo decided to use him....
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The East gonna be crazy next year.2 teams between the nets,pacers,heat or bulls won't make it out the 2nd round

This nets team looks like the 2011 mavs. Too much IQ for the Pacers and Bulls. They gona fly under the radar up to the ECF.
    I m not a fan of this team but they scare me
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

co-sign, its human nature to relax after winning 2 str8.
    that hunger wont be the same. its a reason no team has won 3 str8 titles in the last 11 years, they should have infused some new talent into the roster at the expense of Bosh.

Lebron aims to win 5 chips in a row imo. All the salarial sacrifices was conceded for the 2014 addition of another big superstar or 2 solid ones.
    Damn they have barely used Rashard Lewis.
    Also we dont know anything about Wade s knees future. And Lebron is still progressing...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lemzola wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »

co-sign, its human nature to relax after winning 2 str8.
    that hunger wont be the same. its a reason no team has won 3 str8 titles in the last 11 years, they should have infused some new talent into the roster at the expense of Bosh.

Lebron aims to win 5 chips in a row imo. All the salarial sacrifices was conceded for the 2014 addition of another big superstar or 2 solid ones.
    Damn they have barely used Rashard Lewis.
    Also we dont know anything about Wade s knees future. And Lebron is still progressing...

Hes good on the bench
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Apparently Tony Allen is friends with Delonte West. I think he was at TA's wedding when no other Grizzly was invited lmao.
    Grizzlies should make a move for Mo, him and Bay can keep them in games or shoot them back into games, also shoot them out of games but I think more often than not having 2 good shooters off the bench its going to produce results, plus I cant even think of one big move they made where everyone else in the league has gotten better, I thought Delfino would have been the move for them, a backcourt with him and Tony Allen would of been fun to watch

I hear talks about trying to get Mo, too. If we get either of these guys we can call the offseason a wrap.