Big Sean "Hall of Fame" Official Album Thread (8.27)

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So Dayday you gon act like this ? doesnt exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rgSyAqIaFw

"I said, this was the worst, album I have heard, all, year, long... and we're only 6 months in"
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Y'all ? are known Cole stans that why I bring him up. Don't big up Born Sinner and than trash HOF without even hearing the album. You got ? saying "Fire" is wack but calling "She Knows" a dope track lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited August 2013
    Options
    But.... She Knows IS a dope track and Fire is wack. This ? aint rocket science. Tell Lil Sean to go back to the drawing board. I wonder if Ye is in the mood to drop ? from the label. Cause once Sean throws out a brick there wont be a 3rd album and he'll end up back on the sidelines. And to think, Ye past on Rhymefest & others for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzudcm-ywJo
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She knows>>>fire

Hopefully fire is the wackest song on the album just like she knows
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    She Knows is wack as ? ..idk what yall talking about lol...and Fire is annoying cause the sample just keeps playing and playing and playing.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Dayday if you're not the scared sucker stan we know you are, you'll take a bet. If Big Sean can muster up AT LEAST 120k first week. I'll gladly sport Big Sean ? all over my profile from the avi to the sig. Or I'll just ban myself for 2 weeks. If he drops another 88k you gotta get the ? out of here for as long as it takes Sean to reach 200k sales wise. I think thats fair considering the last bet we made a few years ago that you failed to live up too.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    Only on this site is ? calling "Fire" wack. "Fire" is actually getting love out here. Got people saying it sounds like a Kanye record.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited August 2013
    Options
    What Kanye record does Fire sound like?
    I dont hear anyone talking about Fire or Big Sean for that matter anywhere.

Dont duck my posts ? . Dont be scared now.... If you're THAT confident in Big Sean and this album you'll take the bet.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only on this site is ? calling "Fire" wack. "Fire" is actually getting love out here. Got people saying it sounds like a Kanye record.
    Even Kanye at his worst isn't sloppy with samples like that Fire sample.

how you got the sample as the loudest part of the song? and then have the vocals play throughout the song, while the rapper is rapping?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    why are haters even bringing up night quill cole in this thread he ain't een worthy of being mentioned. everywhere in america fans are bumping fire and giving it good feedback. only in the IC is cats hating on fire. i can prove it by posting 5 different people on twitter who are talking about the track.

This is big seans illmatic even tho it was written as his second album so technically this is like an illmatic version of it was written. I will make a bet as a big sean super fan that if big sean doesn't outsell j cole than i will have a j cole avitar. But when this classic outsells born snoozer i want everyone hating on sean in this thread to get a big sean avitar of my choice.

"I said, this was the worst, album I have heard, all, year, long... and we're only 6 months in"

didn't read

#FFOE
    #Cole lost

• IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Dayday to accept the bet.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Even Kanye at his worst isn't sloppy with samples like that Fire sample.

how you got the sample as the loudest part of the song? and then have the vocals play throughout the song, while the rapper is rapping?

it bangs my eardrums in the whip tho its the new style to raise the levels, all meek mill, of the sample and let it ? out the wordplay. Just like my boy said on dead end hip hop big sean is a grown bow wow!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Dayday to accept the bet.
    Don't waste your time, he aint keep his end of the bet 2 years ago when Cole sold 200k in his first week.
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited August 2013
    Options

Them same ? said they're looking forward to Sean's new album because they thought the "Detroit" mixtape was good. They just called J.Cole's last album average. Tell me who's progressing and who's stagnant musically?
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    Still don't know when anybody said the album was going to be a classic. I know for a fact it's going to better than that garbage Wiz put out. Will be better than Wale and Cole's albums too.

qx54qx.png
    Who is the person at the center of all this outward projection? We still don't really know. Cole's second, attention-grabbing mixtape, 2009's The Warm Up, positioned him as an upstart unmoored from traditional conventions, an artist who could switch up flows, rap furiously and build his own hooks; Born Sinner finds himself standing in about the same place he was on Cole World: The Sideline Story, but the green room here is a little nicer.

Once in a while he can create something catchy-- the Miguel-featuring "Power Trip" almost seems like it was designed in a lab for radio rotation but the album as a whole splices together musical eras and reference without much purpose.

At its best, Born Sinner, showcases J. Cole's overall musicality, pairing his ability as a lyricist with a more broadly developed production palette. In a heat, he can rattle off some fierce rejoinders (See: "nikkaz Know"). But several releases deep into Cole's growing catalogue, we haven't been delivered the savior that Jay-Z's "A Star is Born" seemed to anoint. (The latter's current indifference to Cole has become so pronounced that Cole has to keep squashing beef rumors.) Though much has been made of Cole's decision to bump up Born Sinner's release to the same day as Kanye's Yeezus, Cole is popular to a degree that suggests his sales will be competitive with Kanye's divisive-by-design Yeezus. That popularity, which has grown through a handful of big singles, is a testament to the fans who've been with him since his come up, fans rewarded with a recent string of $1 "Dollar and a Dream" performances taking place this week. But Born Sinner didn't turn out to be a reward in itself.

Lol at y'all acting like Born Sinner was an incredible body of work. His average metacritic score was a 71. Album was average like most critics have stated. Like I have been telling y'all for years J.Cole has peaked already. Same rap topics and boring beats. No progression at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuRk2PW-N4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSjc0XzeImg

Both Deadendhiphop and Theneedledrop called the album average. Y'all stans can keep hyping up the album tho. Sean will easily put out a better project. ? gonna be in denial in 2 weeks. Keep the nosigns coming lol.

Lol why the nosigns? So their opinions don't mean nothing no more when they're trashing J.Cole hahaha. But when it's Big Sean it's funny. Silly ? I tell you.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Them same ? said they're looking forward to Sean's new album because they thought the "Detroit" mixtape was good. They just called J.Cole's last album average. Tell me who's progressing and who's stagnant musically?

Where did they say this? Because they DEFINITELY did NOT do a Detroit mixtape review. So please enlighten me here...

If Big Sean was progressing musically he'd have a buzz, this album isnt on anyone's radar right now.

so with that said.... the bet? If you scared so you're scared and this will be over with.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Those aren't no-signs...those are feelings which you habitually catch in regards to another man.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This ? is a ? . He's ducking the bet. Even he has no faith in Big Sean.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    That's a easy bet. 120k let's go.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom Kennedy >>>>>>>>>>
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Dom Kennedy >>>>>>>>>>

Has no bars
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    if wale got 158K wouldn't someone who stans for big sean bet more than 158K? 120K is slight work, light work lol.

day day need to bet 158K or he a lil hoe lmao
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom Kennedy >>>>>>>>>>

Has no bars

Yet...He's still >>>>>...Interesting...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom Kennedy >>>>>>>>>>

Has no bars

Yet...He's still >>>>>...Interesting...

let me clarify: dom kennedy is a trash (outside like 2 songs)