Kain Carter exposed for stealing Patrice O Neil's jokes

Options
14567810»

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Ion get some of these guys on here. If you wanna keep supporting this Kain be my guest. What this guy did was wrong. He stole from a dead man to make a profit.

how much money has he made over the last 4 years off of youtube???

• Confidential Playa
    Confidential Playa Members Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kain is foul as ? for stealing a ? routine verbatim and not shouting him out until he gets caught. He needs to send some of the money he's making on merchandise sells and appearances to Patrice's family to pay homage.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    well the the young turks who have the 9th "largest" youtube channel make 100k per year from their channel

its safe to say, being this kid only makes like 2 or 3 vids a month, that he's not even in the top 250 channels

like i said .... its not that serious ... now if he was eating something serious ... then yeah, you need to break patrices's fam off ... but uhhhhh .... yeah
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    this just in ... to be in the top 100 youtube channels, you have to have atleast 2.4 million subscribers.... whats this guy have like 250k ???

close this got dayum thread yo......
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima go out and steal jokes of my favorite comics and spend some time on my delivery. Clearly, long as my delivery is funny then people will see me take dave chappelles AIDS joke and think "hey funny is funny".

Shieeet ima go down as the best ever and make mad paper.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Ion get some of these guys on here. If you wanna keep supporting this Kain be my guest. What this guy did was wrong. He stole from a dead man to make a profit. I already said this yesterday but he didn't just bite a premise and put his own spin on it like Denis Leary, mencia etc. did. He didn't put his sh*t on the line by performing his (bitten) material infront of (sometimes hostile) crowds. He bit the man and makes edited videos on youtube. Anybody could have done what this uncreative n*gga has done. Kain mimmicked Patrice's bit down to his voice inflections and his delivery. He pauses on the same moments Patrice did. That sh*t is unacceptable. What's wrong with some of ya'll?

You can't call anyone out nowadays, even when it's warranted. These guys defending this guy are the same ones defending wack rappers when they put garbage out. "Let him get his money", "why you hatin'". You n*ggas got no integrity and that's why you're defending thieves and plagiarists. Comedy = art and biting a*s n*ggas should be called out. You low culture n*ggas would never get that though.

you had my interest until the bolded......

you can't group my opinion on other ? with my opinion on this issue right here......

that leads me to believe that you not even interested int he details, you just see an opportunity to complain about some ? , and now you're trying to group it in with other ? you like to complain about...

the fact is the ? been making videos atleast 2 years before partrice died....yet no one calls him out until he reaches the height of his popularity.....and as a initial response i'm seeing, he completely gave patrice all the props in the world for influencing his entire craft....
    the dude is funny, he has tons of original material, as well as some material he bit from patraice....

so yea u can knock him for that, but to discredit everything else he did....you just being biased...i say let the young boy cook, continue to do his thing, and give credit where it's due....

he seems humble enough....never spoke one disrespectful word about patrice, and was completely open and honest about the whole ? ....

stop buggin
    It wasn't personal. The common denominator is n*ggas giving passes for unacceptable stuff an artist they like pull because they like that artist. It's a nonchalance and a disdain for art IMO. This is dragging down the level of the artform.

Where did I say he bit his whole repertoire from Patrice? I just called him out on the biting and rightly so. Don't put words in my mouth.

The thing I don't get with some of you guys is everything has to be black and white. If you like an artist, like in this case a 'comedian', you feel obligated to defend them no matter what he did and overlook or downplay any shady stuff they did or their flaws. You can like Kain and still acknowledge the fact he pulled some foul sh*t when he bit Patrice. If you and a couple of other posters had done that, this debate would be over a long time ago.
    "Let the young boy cook"? That's why I made that analogy with fans defending rappers no matter what. When heads call out wack n*ggas fans are like "let him get his money" and stuff like that. Nobody's not letting Kain 'cook' but we are calling him out for blatantly biting a dead comedian. I'm not saying he should delete his youtube account or something drastic like that. I'm only calling him out for biting and since this is art I can do that.

Denis Leary got called out, Robin Williams got called out, Dane Cook got called out, Carlos Mencia got called out etc. All these dudes were actual comedians. Why should a 'youtube celebrity' be excempt? You young n*ggas got alot to learn (no disrespect).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let him cook?
    let him die in a kitchen fire

a thief is a thief, notoriety or not
  • Muhannad
    Options
    You young n*ggas make no sense. I can envision you guys getting bent out of shape when someone bites your post or thread. I've seen posters get called out for biting thread premises/ ideas. Now translate that into the real world since most dudes aren't making money posting on this site.

In the fashion industry labels get sued all the time for biting. You young n*ggas would spend your last dime on some namebrand sh*t and wouldn't be caught dead in some knockoff sh*t. How is this different? How can you accept biting in one instance because "he's still funny", but don't accept it in other instances?

I really don't get some of you guys. Low culture n*ggas, bunch of culture barbarians running around FOH.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the ? he took from Patrice it's foul as ? ...but his mario bro's video was g.o.a.t....

He got caught for biting so he should be a man and take his L for it....
  • Muhannad
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Ima go out and steal jokes of my favorite comics and spend some time on my delivery. Clearly, long as my delivery is funny then people will see me take dave chappelles AIDS joke and think "hey funny is funny".

Shieeet ima go down as the best ever and make mad paper.
    You don't even have to work on your delivery. You can just trty to duplicate it like Kain did let these young n*ggas tell it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If Kain was a IC poster then mostly all of his posts will go in the legendary unfunny quotes thread
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when u steal everything u do is in question... y'all really think he was only stealing from Patrice? yeah ok...
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This thread makes me happy to see some people respect the art.

And reminds me why I am performing stand up all in the name to get better.

With that said - some of yall still defending Kain Carter - a thief who stole from a dead man. How do you even begin to justify that. Its mindblowing.