do you believe in disciplining your kids???

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hardly spank my kids, if I do, I control my anger and give them a spanking that lets them know I am not playing around.

Usually it's a cracka ass "time out" or ? gets taken from them.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    @pralims ... you punched your kid in the face ????? WTF???????????

that's some foul ish right there

My son doesn't really act up much now that he's a teen ... his IPhone is his lifeline so if he does get out of line I just take it from him. He's too damn big for me to even think I can take him out or spank him

He already towers over me by about 6 inches.....I'm not stupid

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got plenty of ass-whoopings as a kid. My parents would tell me not to do ? & would explain why...but being the bad ass kid I was I did the ? anyway. It wasn't until I got my ass beat that I learned to listen. I'm sure 1 of those whoopings saved me from jail or worse somewhere along the line.

I don't have children, but I anticipate I'll discipline accordingly if I ever do.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup

ass whooping all the way to the taking away of any eletronic devices
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sure do, she caught it just this morning.

I do give her more room than I should though. I hate spanking.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Either you educate them either the streets will do it for you imo
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ punching your kid in the face, you gotta control that anger, ? will lead to trouble.

My buddy came home late one night, had been skating and smoking, his dad waited for him in the living room, soon as he walked in, he punched him dead in the face.

Thing is, he wore braces.

Yeah. ? looked horrible.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    ? my son tried to bring his coach to talk me out of whippin his ass.

i cussed at and threatened the coach an he was out. told him to stay out my family affairs.

then i punched my son in the face for daring to bring anyone to talk to me. im not proud of it, but he knows to just deal with his punishment next time.

my wife an daughter knew it wasnt gonna end well

Father of the year here

gotta understand, he was trying to get outta some ? he had no business getting into after i warned him. he tried to huff his chest out one time and that didnt end well ...he tried to tell my mom on me...that didnt end well and then he tried to have his coach vouch for him.

it was a steady escalation so i had to steady escalate. punishments always fit the crime.

its one thing to challenge my authority, but its another to try to find an angle to back me down.

like i said. i had no problem for a few years after that. only regular kids problems

Well that's understandable. But if your kid has light skin, I'm pretty sure you probably left him with a black eye tho. I can image said coach from your story asking him what happened. Tha reply would be either I fell and hit the door ? or we was laying baseball and I wasn't looking. But all that coach sounds like a ? ass ? for getting involved...

So more power to ya. Don't spare the child and use tha iron fist

his eye wasnt swollen but his cheek was.

i think any man placed in that position would have done the same thing. and if you don't your son will always come at your neck. i nipped it int the bud. as for the coach...word got around an none of the teacher question my decisions and they know they can come to me with anything about my son acting out and i will straighten it out.

at some point every child may test their boundaries and in return the parent must stand firm on those boundaries. but the child must know that every action has an equal or greater reaction.

and before anyone says it...violence is not always the answer for me.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »

My son doesn't really act up much now that he's a teen ... his IPhone is his lifeline so if he does get out of line I just take it from him. He's too damn big for me to even think I can take him out or spank him

what do you mean he towers over you and your not stupid? your the parent...you will never be stupid at how you respond. it may not be the best option but your still the parent. his height has nothing to do with discipline. if hes that big that you dont want to do it...then his dad or some male needs to do it.

but like i said...im not proud i did it....but he began to get to testy and on top of that thinking he can find someone to overrule what i say. you have his mom in his ear saying dumb ? like..."you almost the same size as your dad." so that gets him hype.
    now while i hear what some of yall are saying....i will not have a child im taking care off thinking he can overrule me.

if a child doesnt have a health fear and/or of a parents consequence, then instead of saving up for college...just put it in a jail fund.

and also like i said....he never tested me again and i never had to resort to that type of response again.

VIBE wrote: »
    LOL @ punching your kid in the face, you gotta control that anger, ? will lead to trouble.

My buddy came home late one night, had been skating and smoking, his dad waited for him in the living room, soon as he walked in, he punched him dead in the face.

Thing is, he wore braces.

Yeah. ? looked horrible.

i am the most patient person you'll every meet...and it takes alot for me to show my anger to anyone. so for it to get to that point...trust me....you'd understand
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're going to see @pralims on the news just like ol boy who beat his kids for twerking lol. Ay if I ever have kids and the buck up to me, it'll be like a scene outta what's love got to do. Buck up to me and slap/punch tha ? outta em.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    I said I'm not stupid cause IT IS stupid of me to think I can wrestle or beat down a kid as big as a grown man

I find other much more effective ways to keep my kid in check.

And yes punching your kid in the face is a STUPID and HORRIBLE way to respond to a child. Maybe he went to someone else because you seem to like to use your fists to control him.

Sorry I cannot agree with this type of "discipline" You say you feel bad.... well GOOD YOU SHOULD.

And just because I don't think punching my child in the face is an effective way to parent does not mean my son will end up in jail either.

• CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    prisons are full of people who got whoopings, so this myth that beating your child keeps them out of trouble and ultimately, out of the prison system is nonsense.

I grew up with cats who's parents stayed whooping them.and now are doing bids, and I've grew up with dudes that never got whoopings a day in their life, that are good members of society

and vice versa......it all depends on u and how the child reacts to it
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some kids need explanation in order to advance. For some a good explanation combine with the proportionate ass whooping is required...
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did Discipline turn into hitting?

What is wrong with you people
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I said I'm not stupid cause IT IS stupid of me to think I can wrestle or beat down a kid as big as a grown man

I find other much more effective ways to keep my kid in check.

And yes punching your kid in the face is a STUPID and HORRIBLE way to respond to a child. Maybe he went to someone else because you seem to like to use your fists to control him.

Sorry I cannot agree with this type of "discipline" You say you feel bad.... well GOOD YOU SHOULD.

And just because I don't think punching my child in the face is an effective way to parent does not mean my son will end up in jail either.

i never said your son will be in jail...i wont wish that on you if you are a good parent.

but you are a woman and dont understand what i mean so you see it as horrible.

if you had a daughter and she tried to jump in your face what are you going to do? i am very curious. you never know when a child will test you.

as for me using my fists....you are taking it to the extreme. but i will say..that if you wanna step up like a man then you have to handle man consequences.

i never said i feel horrible i said im not proud it came to that. it's nothing to be proud of. but

and lastly again you are going to the extreme....i am not trying to control him. he can be a kid and make kid mistakes. but i will not allow certain stuff. it will always be capital punishment for thinking you can challenge your parent..whether its me, his mom or his stepmom...
    and if you read what i said...its him knowing he messed up and wanting someone to get him out of trouble. i gave multiple warning(i guess you missed that too) an had enough. but to think someone is gonna stop me...makes it that much worse.

if it was about something else.....i would have responded different. but to constantly warn my son about the same thing an for him to blatantly keep disobeying then try to weasel himself out of it....call me a bad parent if you want...i handled mine.

when john law has to deal with ass....then i woulda been the parent who didnt do enough.

now its good you have a good kid from what you say...

but one punch in the face an i got an honor roll student who does his chores without me asking and haven't had to touch him in years...guess you missed that too
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    prisons are full of people who got whoopings, so this myth that beating your child keeps them out of trouble and ultimately, out of the prison system is nonsense.

I grew up with cats who's parents stayed whooping them.and now are doing bids, and I've grew up with dudes that never got whoopings a day in their life, that are good members of society

and vice versa......it all depends on u and how the child reacts to it

too many people beat they kid and dont talk to them afterwards. or just beat them for nothing or always angry. when ? like that happens the kid doesnt really know right from wrong from really wrong because everything they do ends in the same result.
    then you got people who use the idle threats.
    like someone said earlier...it should be a last resort.

but i know alot of people like you stated that got whippings an are in jail...but mostof the ones i know didnt have a dad consistently on they ass.it was more of the mom doing all the spanking then dad comes thru for a weekend spank an dissappear.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spare the rod spoil the child says it all
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i whoop my kids ? wit the swiftness
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but u talking about jumping in if your man got beef in the streets... foh
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'd just make them run, along with some other stuff, it would be good for them.

"jog until I say stop, I don't care how fast, just don't stop jogging."

"If you ask how long you have to run, or stop running, I'll add on more."
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh, this isn't the first time that anecdotal evidence conflicts with statistical data...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hit the TV when it doesn't work too

My property should always do what I want
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

but u talking about jumping in if your man got beef in the streets... foh

Look Mr. Selective memory ....those are 2 totally different situations . One is about defense the other is about discipline.

I also said I was joking ....my man wouldn't go for that anyways .....

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? my son tried to bring his coach to talk me out of whippin his ass.

i cussed at and threatened the coach an he was out. told him to stay out my family affairs.

then i punched my son in the face for daring to bring anyone to talk to me. im not proud of it, but he knows to just deal with his punishment next time.

my wife an daughter knew it wasnt gonna end well

Took it too far dun. No closed fists, and the face should be off limits.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@? You scared of your son??

@ like "I'm not stupid" concerning disciplinig my child.