Ja Rule Talks Prison Life, 50 Cent Beef & Upcoming Music

Options

Comments

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his latest album he had dropped was actually good .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alibaba wrote: »
    Rule was at the studio when 50 got beat up and stabbed by Black Child. Benzino was the one who sent 50 to the hospital. LOL I love the way you G unit stans try to rewrite history.
    no he wasn't

they talked about who was in the room on the beef DVD and he wasn't one of them
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall forgetting at that time 50 stole everyones shine
    it was all happy and ? in hiphop
    and Ja was connected through Irv Gotti
    Irv was the one that was burning bridges and feeling himself
    Ja was giving everyone hits and hooks
    SMMFH
    plus peeps were scared to beef because of the east/west coast media fueled Tupac Smalls scenario
    and along come 50 a east coast ? with a southern ? hustle and flow, shouting out west coast game
    SMMFH
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MR Josh wrote: »
    put Ja and 50 in a room with a microphone and beats,Ja will eat 50 alive.and I like 50 but ja is a way better rapper.
    I don't really believe 50 killed his career,i strongly believe going against Dre and especially em was what killed his career, but 50 took the credit cos he was hot at the time and em never walks around bragging about whos career he destroyed

The beef was known but it wasn't as big til Em said the "Ja you'll get it too" line on "Go To Sleep" with DMX. That was when all hell broke loose
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "yo moms a ? head/ yo girls a known ? / so what hailey gonna be when she grows up?"

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was simply a huge powershift in hip hop and Ja Rule & Murder Inc got caught in the middle. All the buzz around 50 was IMO, manufactured because he was never that nice anyway. He just had the machine in pocket and the whole industry began dickriding as usual.

However, Ja should've switched his style up too
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good interview. Ja was humbled by prison for sure.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It was simply a huge powershift in hip hop and Ja Rule & Murder Inc got caught in the middle. All the buzz around 50 was IMO, manufactured because he was never that nice anyway. He just had the machine in pocket and the whole industry began dickriding as usual.

However, Ja should've switched his style up too

Until people woke up to what 5-0 aka 50 was doing to this genre.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He played a big part in ending his own career. Ja's fans were tired of his choice of "pop" singles. 50 showed up RIGHT around the time the fans had had enough.
  • tupacfan35
    Options
    babel wrote: »
    He played a big part in ending his own career. Ja's fans were tired of his choice of "pop" singles. 50 showed up RIGHT around the time the fans had had enough.

Now he's doing the same thing that ja rule did only worse, that's why people are finally sick of his lousy music and turned against him.

• c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think 50 necessarily killed Ja's career, but he was a factor.

Murder Inc ? off Jay-Z, Aftermath, and Def Jam, the fed case against Murder Inc., and Ja Rule making too many pop/love song records are what mainly killed Ja's career.

Ja Rule still went platinum with "RULE" a year or two after 50 blew up
  • RickyRich
    Options
    ja rule & ashanti in studio . hopefully another banger comes out
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good interview. Ja was humbled by prison for sure.

my ? when that door shuts ....erbody is humbled cuh
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babel wrote: »

The crazy thing is, 50 was doing the same ? Ja was doing. But they tried to justify it by calling it harmonizing. Rap fans don't make no sense man lol. Double standards.
  • Fairfax
    Fairfax Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    I was never of the mindset that 50 killed Ja's career. What killed Ja's career is that he simply ran out of songs that appealed to the masses, which had nothing to do with 50. Ja peaked in the summer of 2002 and the "quality" of his music went down fast. When 50 came out, he was new to the majority of the public, had catchy songs and had the interscope/aftermath machine behind him to make a lot of noise. As a result, people credit 50 with killing a career that was already on a steep decline.
  • tupacfan35
    Options
    Fairfax wrote: »
    I was never of the mindset that 50 killed Ja's career. What killed Ja's career is that he simply ran out of songs that appealed to the masses, which had nothing to do with 50. Ja peaked in the summer of 2002 and the "quality" of his music went down fast. When 50 came out, he was new to the majority of the public, had catchy songs and had the interscope/aftermath machine behind him to make a lot of noise. As a result, people credit 50 with killing a career that was already on a steep decline.
    Until 5-0 got exposed for being a liar that he truly is.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be some crazy funny ? if (by a small chance) Ja made a hti single with Nas, Drake, Ross, or Jigga and came back strong. What will his critics say then? LMAO
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when 50 jumps on tracks "what's loveeeeeeeeeeeeee got to do...." and " it's just those rainy daysssssss, feel like times tryna wash away" dead ass singing duets, then you sheep can attempt to say 50 took his style smh
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Ja Rule stannery is appalling.
  • tupacfan35
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    when 50 jumps on tracks "what's loveeeeeeeeeeeeee got to do...." and " it's just those rainy daysssssss, feel like times tryna wash away" dead ass singing duets, then you sheep can attempt to say 50 took his style smh

Because he did took his style, some of it.

that makes him a hypocrite and you are sheep who still supports clowns like 5-0.

and look at this ? video he made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcnnId15BA
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    put Ja and 50 in a room with a microphone and beats,Ja will eat 50 alive.and I like 50 but ja is a way better rapper.
    I don't really believe 50 killed his career,i strongly believe going against Dre and especially em was what killed his career, but 50 took the credit cos he was hot at the time and em never walks around bragging about whos career he destroyed

I pretty much agree with this. I think Em did more damage to Ja's credibility than 50 did. I look back to that beef and the songs that stick out to me certainly aren't "Back Down" and the flood of mixtape disses from 50. It's songs like "Bully," "Hallie's Revenge," "Go To Sleep," and even - perhaps especially even - the "Hail Mary" remix where Busta rhymes eats Ja Rule's soul in less bars than any rapper he dared to ? with.

In the end, Ja's biggest mistake was mentioning Em's name and family on record. Not only was Eminem a massively successful, Oscar-winning white rapper with a huge fan base and one of the most vicious MC's of all time, but he had a huge platform with a powerful industry behind him. Ja was simply out of his league. He could've survived 50's and DMX's lame bars, but Em entering the fray was a game changer. It was just too much for him. Em and Busta did more than just expose him, they made it uncool and unwise to even like him.

Not to mention tastes were beginning to change and Ja's mainstream gimmick was up. The only way to survive the changing trends of pop is to have real artistry that will allow to remain relevant with your core when your brush with fame is up.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it became a popularity contest.... cuz Ja ate Em with the Halley diss and the do rag ? etc....
  • RickyRich
    Options
    idk why nkkaz praising feminem
  • WeSerious
    WeSerious Members Posts: 8
    Options
    Ja kept it real in the interview but he'll be asked about 50 cent when he's 80 years old. Sad.

true
  • tupacfan35
    edited August 2013
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »

I pretty much agree with this. I think Em did more damage to Ja's credibility than 50 did. I look back to that beef and the songs that stick out to me certainly aren't "Back Down" and the flood of mixtape disses from 50. It's songs like "Bully," "Hallie's Revenge," "Go To Sleep," and even - perhaps especially even - the "Hail Mary" remix where Busta rhymes eats Ja Rule's soul in less bars than any rapper he dared to ? with.

In the end, Ja's biggest mistake was mentioning Em's name and family on record. Not only was Eminem a massively successful, Oscar-winning white rapper with a huge fan base and one of the most vicious MC's of all time, but he had a huge platform with a powerful industry behind him. Ja was simply out of his league. He could've survived 50's and DMX's lame bars, but Em entering the fray was a game changer. It was just too much for him. Em and Busta did more than just expose him, they made it uncool and unwise to even like him.

Not to mention tastes were beginning to change and Ja's mainstream gimmick was up. The only way to survive the changing trends of pop is to have real artistry that will allow to remain relevant with your core when your brush with fame is up.

But now 5-0, eminem and others karma's about to haunt them, all thanks to that piece of trash album loyal to the game which many thought was not only the worst tupac posthumous albums ever made but also one of the very worst albums of all time, but plus they are hypocrites anyways.