Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    damn jus saw in that lupe thread ppl saying the ? was hot...wow
    jus proved his point...? was rambling on w a good flow and yall thought it was dope...he was making a mockery of u idiots and u still called it dope lmfao

That's what i was saying but ? act like his ? went over my head.

Joell Ortiz still holds the torch. Whoopi didnt even faze him.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick dam sure sparked up some controversy but does mean people are gonna buy Big Sean album for this.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This control beat just might be more overused than the A Millie beat.
  • zone456
    zone456 Members Posts: 550 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just listened to this Lupe and im bout to go to the gym... this ? got me wanting to toss a table out a window or pick up a car ... im hype real spitters are stepping up...

If ? can't see the difference in Lupe ? and Kendrick verse and understand there is levels to this ? man,idk bruh.. This ? clear as day to me.. Nobody really talkin bout k dots verse but the fact he called ? out.. U gotta put that Lupe ? on repeat and just let it play til u let it all sink in

I don’t think anybody debating that lupe can spit or that this joint was killer, no doubting that but was it a reply? Nah, no way; We all can dig in the crates and pull out some killer joints from some dope emcees but dudes are looking for a real reply. If a dude say ur name on a record and u reply without mention of this dude, is that real?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Here's thing with all these responses if they wanted to kick off an all-out battle with K. Dot:

Fred's was ? ....and no one remembers him.

King Los ? was admirable...but no one knows him enough.

B.o.B ? was just too far out there for anyone to take serious.

Mickey Factz was lackluster. Not bad, but not good enough.....and no one knows him.

Cassidy's ? was solid, but the general consensus is he's been gone too long to be in for an all-out war, and K. Dot would probably trash him.

Joell would eat that dude ALIVE...but SH as a whole doesn't have that mainstream attention to really heighten a battle of K vs. JO, and not too many people would care outside of ? fans.

...then there's Lupe.

If there's ONE response I hope K. Dot responses to, it's his; cause I'll call it now:

Kendrick Lamar vs. Lupe Fiasco would be the best battle in Hip-Hop since Nas vs. Jay-Z.
    (the ironing of this is neither of them reside in NYC)
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Du_Du wrote: »
    the whole point is this...if you're crowned the top rapper of the current crop, and everyone's critique is that the current crop sucks....then he's going to challenge that crop to be better as a whole so his reign won't have stipulations....
    he's doing what a leader is supposed to do... challenge everyone around you to be better....

But you can put all the lipstick in the world on a pig...its still a pig.

Honestly there's nothing Wale, J. Cole, and Krit are NOT doing. They're representing as much as they can for this era...they're exhausting their pen game...They just not it! Lol Challenge or no challenge nobody can MAKE a ngga more talented/deep/inspiring than he is...maybe for a song or two, not long term

Is Big Sean gonna come out of this a brand new rapper? Mac Miller? Meek Mill?

i disagree..

i said earlier in this thread there's no reason why each and every era of rap can't be as good if not better than the previous.....ther's just not enough competitive spirit anymore....

like 9th said... ? needa go over their ? like 2 or 3 times... make sure their ? hot before dropping it....

? make ok music when they want to... but i honestly don't believe they putting their absolute best out there like it's game 7 double overtime....

they ain't hitting this ? like they starving hungry and this rap ? the only thing they got.....

? is lackadaisical as ? ...they dumbing down their ? to be poppy in clubs, and to appease a ? audience....

this was a challenge to spitters to actually spit....and if they actually start spitting from it...how can anyone knock it?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    The people behind the money behind hip hop love weak lyrics and average beats.

WHY do you think that is though? Because theres a LARGE group of FANS that like that ? .

Black people keep doing that ? always blaming other people. I'm black too btw. They put money behind anything they can make money off - they're a BUSINESS/CORPORATION.

You a Biggie boy, people said the same about Biggie. Why did Biggie have more fans than a Wu-Tang, Nas etc? Cuz him & Puffy made music that were of the time (funk samples, smooth flows, thuggish raps etc. that was the thing at the time) & it worked. Thats always how its been.

Rakim wasnt as popular compared to many MCs that were wacker than him.

Same thing with these naggin ? complaining about reality TV making black &/or women look bad yet Love & hip-hop has THE highest ratings of any show at the moment..so somebody is watching it.

But of course its never the peoples fault. Always someone elses fault. I know youre gonna aruge til death about the greatness of Biggie but facts are facts, im a fan so its not even a diss.

1st Rakim was popular. He was going Gold in the 80's which was good. 2nd Biggie still brought the lyrics and flow to his commercial songs and made timeless music, rappers today can't say the same as most of ? people called hot last year nobody cares about, we still listening to "Juicy and Big Poppa". 3rd It's more than about "Money" cause a lot of these one hit wonders aren't selling albums.

The powers that be will push the weakest form of Hip Hop to the masses. To say "This is what the masses want" is B.S. when it's being systematically pushed. The point is simple, Hip Hop lost itself a long time ago and the fact that Kendrick calling out his peers is getting this response shows you the state of hip hop. Rappers use to get challenged all the time in the 80's and 90's. The labels will only push what they "Feel" the people want.

That's the big difference. Cause when I was coming up we had Balance in Hip Hop. We had the dance Hip Hop, we had the conscious hip hop, we had the street hop we had it all. You can't tell me what is being pushed today is balance. How many conscious rap songs are being pushed? How many female rappers are being pushed? The game is completely out of wack and The Money Behind Hip Hop has a lot to do with that.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cassidy the best so far..
    Damn I remember in school I had a t-shirt with Cassidy on.. Use to be my idol!

What happen homie!?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...and now trending worldwide on Twitter....

#SLR2.

Like I said: Kendrick vs. Lupe. MAKE THAT ? HAPPEN.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am i the only one who thinks its funny how none of them ? Kendrick actually mention has responded?
  • phileskyline
    phileskyline Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear from Papoose. Him and K Dot are tight but I don't think that matters.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who are King Los and Mickey Factz?
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why did cassidy respond by the way?? he aint even from new york lol
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am i the only one who thinks its funny how none of them ? Kendrick actually mention has responded?

Wait...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Cass ? was tough but I wouldn't put it ahead of Joell's or Lupe's after first listen. He said some ? on there tho, I like that jab about Kendrick not being able to outshine him if he wanted to. I haven't seen this much feelings caught over a verse since How To Rob.
This discussion has been closed.