Nas Promises To Reveal Secrets On Next LP..

Options
illedout
illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in The Reason
Nas getting hype to drop a new album..

"There's So Many Things That Ain't Been Said"

nas-a-queens-story.jpeg

Much like last summer's release, Nas said life is inspiring his next album's content.

"Life. I feel like Alexander Graham Bell, knowing that he's about to do something that's never been done.
I'm bursting with excitement, but focused more than I've been in the past.
I'm at a place where there's so many things that ain't been said.
Things I've seen that I never talked about that I wanna share.
I'm so excited to tell this story because it's real sh*t. It's needed.
I hate to sound like that--to say it's needed for hip-hop--but f*ck it. It is." (VIBE)

Back in April, Nasty Nas hinted at plans tot announce his new album title.

"Just wana keep inspiring you. That's my J-O!!," Nas tweeted April 2nd.

"Eh-um.... Dropping next album title next month."

"Beautiful life man I can't believe it! How., why, how we get here ? ?!
? bless 2 ALL us still out chea! meant 2b. #rare individuals" (Nas' Twitter)

In January, Nasir Jones analyzed whether or not his latest album is a certified hip-hop banger.

"It's cool, you can call my record a classic; I'm not tripping.
Time will really make me feel it or not, and then if a year from now, another two years from now, I really feel like it's a classic and no one else does, I'm gonna make noise! I'm gonna complain!" he laughed.
"I'm gonna campaign for that title. ... If it's not a classic, that's cool.
That means there's a different title for it that is a different meaning for the record.
It wasn't a worldwide classic or a nationwide classic or a 'hood classic but it ... was important and it was incredible.
You don't have to always be classic: You can be incredible, you can be meaningful or needed." (MTV)

Last year, Slaughterhouse's Royce Da 5'9 gave ? 's Son props for his LP.

Aside from their own record, Royce has been listening to Nas' latest Life Is Good.
"I got Nas' album on repeat," he revealed. "I take it to all different eras of hip-hop.
I'll listen to 'Accident Murderers,' 'World's an Addiction,' and then I'll go back to It Was Written." (Rap-Up)

Comments

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love LIG & still bang it. We'll have to wait a few before we call it classic though like with any project.

My favorite album from last year together with Kendrick's & Sean P's.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the greatest to ever do it.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ima blast life is good tonight
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The title makes Nas sound bitchmade...reveals secrets, smh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's all fine and dandy ..just make sure the ? is better than Life Is Garbage
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

It wasn't a worldwide classic or a nationwide classic or a 'hood classic but it ... was important and it was incredible.
    You don't have to always be classic: You can be incredible, you can be meaningful or needed.

• rap mysterio
    rap mysterio Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Options
    LIG is borderline classic, but overall 9/10
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nas aint dropped a good album in 12 years.Instead of talkin bout secrets like a ? he needs to be focused on droppin some new good quality music

Go head and flag this you geek ass groupies
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't call LIG a classic with a song like Summer On Smash on it. I think there was another song that wasn't very good...did Nas have a song with MJB on LIG or am I think of GKMC?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't call LIG a classic with a song like Summer On Smash on it. I think there was another song that wasn't very good...did Nas have a song with MJB on LIG or am I think of GKMC?

Both albums have a MJB feature. On Life Is Good, it was "Reach Out". I agree "Summer On Smash" and "Reach Out" were the worst two songs on the album. "Reach Out" has some of the best verses on the album though.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hyped for Nas's next album because it'll be interesting to hear how he follows up Life Is Good. Nas is in a zone, so I'm sure the album will deliver.

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LIG was great, I had to ween myself off it.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sorry.

There's no albums in history without a bad song.

But whatever. LIG was great but no classic.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not fallin' for it this time bruh.... straight downloadin' that ? .
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LIG is meh but it ain't no illmatic we need that old nas back this nas ain't the same he losing it he wac......Wait huh that theory only applies when your talking about jay??? Oh ok continue.....