Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Also for people saying "This will change Hip Hop". Please. The people behind the money behind hip hop love weak lyrics and average beats. Also the "Super Friends" era won't end. Kendrick lit a fire and the powers that be will quickly put it out. Give it a week and the radio will still be spinning that trash. The real change has to happen OUTSIDE of the system. Kendrick called out his "Friends" but none of those friends care. They making money. Drake has done everything to avoid confrontation though he's talked tough in his rhymes. Most of the people he named won't respond.

That ratchet ? ain't selling records anymore. Future, Gucci, Waka Flocka, Keef, French and all them ? flopped horrible this past year. Its the lyrical dudes that go gold easily nowadays and have bigger tours. Even these record companies know that they are losing money by prolonging this fabricated party 808s era and they need to make artists have REAL fanbases in the future in order to survive. That short term money is long gone and only the established fanbases will keep them from having a Chapter 11.

The people buying CDs and going to tour are not the ones that like lyrical stuff. They want ? they can dance to...besides lately hiphop largest consumers are not even black. Why do you think the corps keep asking for the bubblegum raps?

I know yall saw that thread about how these bishes love Sosa. Ain't a black girl in sight.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    artakartel wrote: »
    It's crazy how lopsided everything is. The last time a buncha ? was lining up to take shots at someone was Ja Rule, a textbook example of what happens when hiphop decided to run a train on you. Murda Inc got erased from history, like a fairytale no one believes in anymore.

Here, this is the first time when a bunch of rappers are ganging up on one lonesome ? and he's the one that looks good. Like this is high school with everyone standing up giving presentations while Kendrick is the teacher giving grades.

"Lupe for the last time STAY FOCUSED AND ADDRESS THE TOPIC AT HAND, keep that string theory and German language for the other class."

I love Jay, that's my ?
    I feel sicker than a cruise ship
    I ain't competition, I don't move ?
    The only opposition is this new ?
    These new ? rappin' like they 2
    They be actin' like they you, man that's-- wheeeeeew ?
    What happened to the game?
    ? think they Jappin' cause they rappin' like they Wayne
    Rappin' like they Chainz
    I ain't matchin' them in platinum
    But I'm rappin' like I'm flames
    Like smackin' them in the back of him and my antonyms is on 'cain
    And my heroin is on metaphors and my metaphors is on brains
    My left foot is in LA but my right foot is in Spain
    Now we all heard what he said, but what he said means we dead
    And that ? is insane
    He's so crazy, look at the little baby
    ? you ain't Nas, ? you ain't Jay-Z
    You will respect me, you will reject me
    But I've done so much, no matter how far you go, you will reflect me

Taking shots at jigga
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Things we've missed while being caught up in this thread:

A NEW Jay Electronica verse plus him saying he didn't know Kendrick was on it until a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIdIev1a08Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dFT_vkMhg
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/08/jay-electronica-responds-to-control/

and this picture of Nicki Minaj
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daz is a fool for that .....hoping and not hoping someone gets shot
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and this picture of Nicki Minaj

Meh can't see nipple nor ass so pic is irrelevant!!!
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SLR, ? please

Aint hatin on you hatin wrong cause you cant hang on to my angles... Lupe

Lupe is a monster. He def threw a jab at Jigga though, after he did it he said Jay my man though... LOL
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all late on that Daz pic he posted that ? early morning.

New York is kinda quite right now its like everyone is taking shots at them and they can't do a damn thing
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also for people saying "This will change Hip Hop". Please. The people behind the money behind hip hop love weak lyrics and average beats. Also the "Super Friends" era won't end. Kendrick lit a fire and the powers that be will quickly put it out. Give it a week and the radio will still be spinning that trash. The real change has to happen OUTSIDE of the system. Kendrick called out his "Friends" but none of those friends care. They making money. Drake has done everything to avoid confrontation though he's talked tough in his rhymes. Most of the people he named won't respond.

That ratchet ? ain't selling records anymore. Future, Gucci, Waka Flocka, Keef, French and all them ? flopped horrible this past year. Its the lyrical dudes that go gold easily nowadays and have bigger tours. Even these record companies know that they are losing money by prolonging this fabricated party 808s era and they need to make artists have REAL fanbases in the future in order to survive. That short term money is long gone and only the established fanbases will keep them from having a Chapter 11.

The people buying CDs and going to tour are not the ones that like lyrical stuff. They want ? they can dance to...besides lately hiphop largest consumers are not even black. Why do you think the corps keep asking for the bubblegum raps?

I know yall saw that thread about how these bishes love Sosa. Ain't a black girl in sight.

Keef sold less than 150k albums to date.
    Flocka dropped last year and he only up to 170k
    French not even 100k sold LMAO
    Future is 303k sold, which is disappointing for a street rapper with a huge following

Lets be serious, all that ? about partying is not selling any CDs or selling out huge concerts. Hole in the wall clubs, yeah, but not stadiums.

Cole sold over 500k in under 2 months
    Wale approaching 400k within 2 months
    K Dot Platinum under a year

In economical sense, why should I keep on pushing artists that don't sell or have a supporting fanbase? Its the beginning of the end of the SALES POPULARITY of the ratchet era and record companies gotta support the lyrical rappers if they want to stay open.

All those cats flopped but that's not the whole story. Out of all the rap albums released this year, the only ones to go gold or close were the 2 you mentioned (Cole & Wale) Lil Wayne, Kanye and Jay-Z. Everyone else didn't really sell much. That includes Snoop, Eve, Mac Miller, Will.I.Am, LL Cool J, Tyler, Tyga, Budden, ASAP, Kid Cudi, Talib Kweli, Gucci, French and Ace.

Now compare those ratchet rapper album sales to any other rapper and you'll see they out sale the average rapper, so they are doing good sales wise & way better than others like Snoop, LL, Talib and Eve. Also you have to factor in the sales of singles. Their albums may flop but the singles go gold or platinum. These ratchet rappers ain't going no where and will continue to dominate the air waves.

I would like to see them go as much as the next man but it's not going to happen. Not when people keep calling the radio to request their songs.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check out Latin West Coast Emcee Sim Kapone Version

Bruh...
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Keef sold less than 150k albums to date.
    Flocka dropped last year and he only up to 170k
    French not even 100k sold LMAO
    Future is 303k sold, which is disappointing for a street rapper with a huge following

Lets be serious, all that ? about partying is not selling any CDs or selling out huge concerts. Hole in the wall clubs, yeah, but not stadiums.

Cole sold over 500k in under 2 months
    Wale approaching 400k within 2 months
    K Dot Platinum under a year

In economical sense, why should I keep on pushing artists that don't sell or have a supporting fanbase? Its the beginning of the end of the SALES POPULARITY of the ratchet era and record companies gotta support the lyrical rappers if they want to stay open.

And 2chainz 1st is at 800k so wtf Are you saying? I beat if future would of dropped his album with the buZz he has now, it would of went gold. He dropped too early. Look you in this ? posting all these titangraphs praying to Allah that club bangers, trap rap ect goes away. BUT it won't, because they only care about getting club show money which is good money and they don't have to owe anyone for going on a big tour.

Right now all you can hope for is this can get lyrical stuff a little more play on the airwaves
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daz is a fool for that .....hoping and not hoping someone gets shot

I don't think hoping anything.. I think he's just stating that once again, a westcoast artist/s will be the focal point of rap when all is said and done.. the ? we've been putting up with all over the place will be gone.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH crazy how that went over so many of y'all head. Read it again slowly with your thinking cap on. '' I'm Makaveli's(2pac) offspring, I'm the king of New York
    King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both''
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jr writer song dropped

http://youtu.be/viGUF5cxC7g

Exclusive how it was made!!!!

MUST WATCH!!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 calls KDOT

50 : Kid daddy DRE cosign your Me against the world ? ?
    KDOT: yeah i got to go hard at those bishes big bruh
    50 : just know that the odds are high he produces your career ending song
    ... just saying.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    I just got a Skytel message from Bang Em Smurf saying that Murphy Lee is recording his response as we speak. He still isn't sure what the hook is going to be though.

Murphy lee what the hook gonna be? You done ? up chingy song

Wait, what?

You don't remember that Afro Man song? Whack Rappers where he starts talking ? in the begining? He says that
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Kurupt just reposted Daz pic saying

"Kurupt_gottti- KINGS OF NY hahahaha
    Tha West has one #DPGC #dontbemad #raisethebar #historyrepeatsitsself"

We might have another west vs east beef if NY ever defends themselves you got West Coast rappers from that time taking shots again.

This discussion has been closed.