Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly off the top of my mind cannot remember half a bar big sean spit. I only listened to the song twice but I can remember half of kendricks and jay's verse right now. ? is big sean saying?
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dj Khaled's response: "Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?"
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Drake that kinda ? that air next to you on an empty bus"

Lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said warm milk AND honey
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »
    Joell Ortiz, Cassidy, Lupe, Ransom, JR Writer, Los, Mickey Factz, Astro, Mysonne, B.O.B

Who did I forget?
    Missing Grafh who probably had the best response behind Ortiz and Cassidy.

Rosenberg should go ahead and commit that. Take a nose dive right off Kendrick's ? , off Hot 97 HQ's roof, and right into the concrete sidewalk out front.

What he say that was wrong?

Ate ? really surprised that ? can rap?

? I mean cats putting out better albums overall would be a better look for hiphop than a bunch of 16s

I'm more so referencing the fact that he is, and always has been the biggest Kendrick cheerleader on the east coast. His opinion is ridiculously biased. He always wants to tout this whole big hip-hop head persona. We finally get a scuffle healthy for Hip-Hop, and he doesn't want anyone else to respond? Really? And this is one of the premier faces in radio right now. It's a testament to how ? up ? is; we need more level-headed individuals, capable of objective, coherent opinions in his position in hip-hop, let alone NY. Not this aberrant, dickeater capping for his favorite rapper every opportunity he gets.

You didn't answer my question..

So I'm going to confirm my initial thought that your first response was nothing but an emotionally charged rant.

My initial response was talking about the video with his whole Lion King coronation spiel, not his 'The Realness' segment. Your question was what did he say wrong? I answered it in the previous post. He said, no one else should respond. He said Kendrick is King of NY, in the most facetious, ? guzzling manner possible. To follow up, he's also highlighting the fact that none of the aforementioned rappers in the verse seem to care, as if that's OK, and reason enough for other ? not to respond.

Am I missing something?

You seem to miss context he said ? need to stop responding after cats like iman shrumpert and random nobodies decided to chum in and make ? silly instead of actually adressing the underlying point kendrick was trying to make .... Do you really need a Iman Shrump verse my dude ..that's what's really good? JR writter? Really?

And in that other video he's mocking people making such a gigantic deal out of what was said ... Trolling essentially ... I wouldn't call that "jocking" (I'm not re typing that ? ? u wrote) but he was clowning the overall controversy this verse has sparked .. I will agree that normally he is a kndrovk stan but in this weighs took he made good points about how cats need to make better music not a bunch of 16s we'll probably forget about in a month

Nah, I don't disagree on the ? coming from Imam Shrump, but he lumped ? like Cassidy in that lot which is corny in my honest opinion. Let them cook. And he's perpetuating' the idea that ? should stop sending responses as if not rapping is the best course of action for any rapper. Yes, your going to get ? sending in their garbage, but it's not as if we don't already get that in Hip-Hop WITHOUT this new competitive wave moving in. Let them fade out into ? obscurity naturally like we do with everything else. We don't need Rosenberg trying to 'put a bow' on anything. That's not even what he's trying to do. He's trying to cape for Kendrick, reinforce the status quo, and everyone knows.

Like I mentioned before, yeah these 16's is temporary, but you can't make a hot album without a few hot 16's. And your 16's won't come without this lyrical exercise, in the form of direct competition and inspiration. Kendrick's underlying point won't be realized if ? like this doesn't happen more often.

Nah I can't really agree bro .. He didnt say don't respond annnnd do nothing else ... He said to respond by making better music ..

For example what did we get from Cassidy dropping a response? Some hot bars? Ok ...? anybody that ever listen to Cassidy rap knew he could do that .....right? When that ? gone drop a dope project tho? When he gone put them 16's together for something cohesive .. ? I can watch URL all day if I want to hear just some battle ? u feel me? but can u put that battle ? in the context of a good song on a good album? .. That's the whole point bruh ... Thats the challange.. That's what the ? should be about hiphop aint gonna improve off one battle people forget that ether and takeover not only were great beacuse they were disses but because they were great songs on classic ALBUMS

Btw a hot album ain't JUST hot 16's bruh ... that's one aspect just one ... See slaughterhouse albums for further proof
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    P. Town wrote: »
    If ya'll had to choose between Joe Budden, Drake, and Wale. 2 gotta get they ass whooped and one gets spared. Who getting whooped and who getting spared?

Wale gets spared. He a Redskins fan.

? you, Wale, RGKnee, and the Deadskins...

714040780.jpg?1357519457
    so7cpk.jpg
    Legendary.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Budden responded but he's not putting it out
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake the type of ? to click "Exit" because he wasn't 18 yet

Drake the type of ? to call the cops on you for using his wifi

Drake the type of ? to stop at a red light in GTA

Drake's the type of ? to come out the shower with a towel wrapped around his head

These response got me feeling like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLpS97XA5VA
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waits for the control mixtape.

how many ? went in on this?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Kendrick would ? on all these ? from the south and I'm a southern ? . That's just what it is.
    You don't think Killer Mike can ? wit him?

That was a shock post bruh...that ? don't even believe that.

Naaawww bruh. Serious ? .
    12-michael-smith-funny-face-wtf.gif

He named 2 on the track tho

So? He named them ? , he didn't say he couldn't ? them, matter of fact he said that was his goal.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    Options
    this fool thinks hes tight cuz hes married to Klhoe Kardasian
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joell Ortiz, Cassidy, Lupe, Ransom, JR Writer, Los, Mickey Factz, Astro, Mysonne, B.O.B

Who did I forget?

Rosenberg should go ahead and commit that. Take a nose dive right off Kendrick's ? , off Hot 97 HQ's roof, and right into the concrete sidewalk out front.

? I mean cats putting out better albums overall would be a better look for hiphop than a bunch of 16s

I'm more so referencing the fact that he is, and always has been the biggest Kendrick cheerleader on the east coast. His opinion is ridiculously biased. He always wants to tout this whole big hip-hop head persona. We finally get a scuffle healthy for Hip-Hop, and he doesn't want anyone else to respond? Really? And this is one of the premier faces in radio right now. It's a testament to how ? up ? is; we need more level-headed individuals, capable of objective, coherent opinions in his position in hip-hop, let alone NY. Not this aberrant, dickeater capping for his favorite rapper every opportunity he gets.

So I'm going to confirm my initial thought that your first response was nothing but an emotionally charged rant.

My initial response was talking about the video with his whole Lion King coronation spiel, not his 'The Realness' segment. Your question was what did he say wrong? I answered it in the previous post. He said, no one else should respond. He said Kendrick is King of NY, in the most facetious, ? guzzling manner possible. To follow up, he's also highlighting the fact that none of the aforementioned rappers in the verse seem to care, as if that's OK, and reason enough for other ? not to respond.

Am I missing something?

You seem to miss context he said ? need to stop responding after cats like iman shrumpert and random nobodies decided to chum in and make ? silly instead of actually adressing the underlying point kendrick was trying to make .... Do you really need a Iman Shrump verse my dude ..that's what's really good? JR writter? Really?

And in that other video he's mocking people making such a gigantic deal out of what was said ... Trolling essentially ... I wouldn't call that "jocking" (I'm not re typing that ? ? u wrote) but he was clowning the overall controversy this verse has sparked .. I will agree that normally he is a kndrovk stan but in this weighs took he made good points about how cats need to make better music not a bunch of 16s we'll probably forget about in a month

Nah, I don't disagree on the ? coming from Imam Shrump, but he lumped ? like Cassidy in that lot which is corny in my honest opinion. Let them cook. And he's perpetuating' the idea that ? should stop sending responses as if not rapping is the best course of action for any rapper. Yes, your going to get ? sending in their garbage, but it's not as if we don't already get that in Hip-Hop WITHOUT this new competitive wave moving in. Let them fade out into ? obscurity naturally like we do with everything else. We don't need Rosenberg trying to 'put a bow' on anything. That's not even what he's trying to do. He's trying to cape for Kendrick, reinforce the status quo, and everyone knows.

Like I mentioned before, yeah these 16's is temporary, but you can't make a hot album without a few hot 16's. And your 16's won't come without this lyrical exercise, in the form of direct competition and inspiration. Kendrick's underlying point won't be realized if ? like this doesn't happen more often.

Nah I can't really agree bro .. He didnt say don't respond annnnd do nothing else ... He said to respond by making better music ..

For example what did we get from Cassidy dropping a response? Some hot bars? Ok ...? anybody that ever listen to Cassidy rap knew he could do that .....right? When that ? gone drop a dope project tho? When he gone put them 16's together for something cohesive .. ? I can watch URL all day if I want to hear just some battle ? u feel me? but can u put that battle ? in the context of a good song on a good album? .. That's the whole point bruh ... Thats the challange.. That's what the ? should be about hiphop aint gonna improve off one battle people forget that ether and takeover not only were great beacuse they were disses but because they were great songs on classic ALBUMS

Btw a hot album ain't JUST hot 16's bruh ... that's one aspect just one ... See slaughterhouse albums for further proof

I feel what you saying bruh, but we're gonna just have to agree to disagree because coming from Rosenberg, the ? is completely disingenuous off the strength of how much of a Kendrick stan he really is. This is coming from a Kendrick fan, and that was my only point with my comment. If there was a point to be made in his first statement, then it was completely devalued in his second video. With Rosenberg, you can't tell how much of it is him being a Kendrick groupie, and how much of it is trolling. And the ? is inappropriate coming from a ? with his platform, and in NY at that. He should be encouraging ? in the region to speak up, and then use the momentum from that to continue to make good music. Not downplay artist's responses like "Oh your missing the point." Kendrick's point was competition leads to better music and lets make competition cool again. Not simply make better music. These ? is on step one and Rosenberg is about to stifle the environment with his ? bias before they can get to step two. Dudes like JR Writer and Cassidy were making good music before, but arguably suffered when the trend shifted to the BS we have now. I'm glad you mentioned Slaughterhouse because Dudes like Joell are making good music and suffering NOW, because of the BS trend. Tremendously slept on.

Obviously a good album isn't just a bunch of hot 16's strewn together. I'm not saying that by any means. But they're a major component, (most important) and we've most certainly been devoid of them for the past few years with the exception of literally a handful of rappers. That's why I was saying we need more of this. Not less.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't caught up on the thread as there's ? loads of replies.

Am I the only one who thinks this could backfire horribly for Qs album?

His albums due sometime this year, singles haven't been the greatest so far and he isn't the most lyrical in the camp yet Kendricks called others out to step the bar up.

I think its going to make the critics become alot less forgiving for any future records coming out of the TDE camp.

All of the singles been dope to me besides Collard Greens. I don't think this will really affect him.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    P. Town wrote: »
    If ya'll had to choose between Joe Budden, Drake, and Wale. 2 gotta get they ass whooped and one gets spared. Who getting whooped and who getting spared?

Wale gets spared. He a Redskins fan.

? you, Wale, RGKnee, and the Deadskins...

714040780.jpg?1357519457
    so7cpk.jpg

I sense some feelings sir.

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw that rumor on the front page about Drake being ? and writing a response. He has enough skills to make a dope response but I doubt he has it in him.

KL isn't Common so he needs to stop hiding and jump in the mix. Do what no one is expecting.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Who did I forget?

Am I missing something?

I feel what you saying bruh, but we're gonna just have to agree to disagree because coming from Rosenberg, the ? is completely disingenuous off the strength of how much of a Kendrick stan he really is. This is coming from a Kendrick fan, and that was my only point with my comment. If there was a point to be made in his first statement, then it was completely devalued in his second video. With Rosenberg, you can't tell how much of it is him being a Kendrick groupie, and how much of it is trolling. And the ? is inappropriate coming from a ? with his platform, and in NY at that. He should be encouraging ? in the region to speak up, and then use the momentum from that to continue to make good music. Not downplay artist's responses like "Oh your missing the point." Kendrick's point was competition leads to better music and lets make competition cool again. Not simply make better music. These ? is on step one and Rosenberg is about to stifle the environment with his ? bias before they can get to step two. Dudes like JR Writer and Cassidy were making good music before, but arguably suffered when the trend shifted to the BS we have now. I'm glad you mentioned Slaughterhouse because Dudes like Joell are making good music and suffering NOW, because of the BS trend. Tremendously slept on.

Obviously a good album isn't just a bunch of hot 16's strewn together. I'm not saying that by any means. But they're a major component, (most important) and we've most certainly been devoid of them for the past few years with the exception of literally a handful of rappers. That's why I was saying we need more of this. Not less.

I feel where you coming from bruh .... I just think we have a fundamental difference in the way we're seeing this ? ... But that's coo ... I think just the fact that this whole thing has sparked some intelligent conversation about hiphop is a win in itself
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 AM In Toronto would've been the perfect response for Drake if it first dropped today
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden ‏@JoeBudden 15m
    “This is 4 Big, suicidal thoughts, Coogi printed.. This is for Nas Army jacket w the Uzi in it..” Smh.
This discussion has been closed.