Curren$y's 'Covert Coup' or Wiz's Kush & 'OJ'

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in The Reason

Curren$y's 'Covert Coup or Wiz's Kush & OJ 41 votes

Covert Coup
58%
buttuh_b1of1jayhi22double0sugeachewon87nillerthekidCutler 26 INT's LOL!Knives Amilli[Trillmatic]IbexLike WaterEscoHovNyGoTrollio DMTxTHCBetatwentyfivelightersCertainSoulCashmoneyDuxPeezy_Jenkinsnycdiesel 24 votes
Kush & OJ
41%
S2Jthatni99ajahmalinfamous114Bcotton5CoolJoelookdudesoulfulcatJDSTAYWITITandre_1024Billy_PonchoFyHunnitTurfaholicVader_F_Kennedy_Goldie_Rubato GarcianiggasthesedaysJack_Moves 17 votes

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    First
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Scottie Pippen and Ventilation are my smoking songs. Those alchemist beats really made the album for me and that's the best I ever heard Curren$y spit. He hasn't been the same since.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Alchemist beats >>>> Demi Lovato songs
  • lookdude
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    achewon87 wrote: »

Lol at demi lavato

29-Camron-NP.gif
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    lookdude wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »

Lol at demi lavato

29-Camron-NP.gif

http://youtu.be/6jgouieelbk

http://youtu.be/0vBUlV5TJF0
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    I only liked 2-3 songs from Kush and OJ compared to the entire tape from spitta

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    One of the few mixtapes I don't skip a song on. Top 5 mixtape
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Basically Kush & OJ was a bunch of soul samples that were barely switched at all from the original. For people who already heard all the original music before he kinda ruined it.

Covert Coup was dope. Alc laced it.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    This tape made me start checking for Spitta. But K&OJ is still Wiz's best work, imo.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Full Metal

Brother hasn't been dead for long
    Look, there's still some color in his face
    His soul is probably still at the gate
    I JUST HAVE TO PULL IT BACK

I loooooove this ? . Entire Mixtape is fire.

Life Instructions
    Double 07
    Success is my Cologne
    etc.
  • lookdude
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    Scottie Pippen and Ventilation are my smoking songs. Those alchemist beats really made the album for me and that's the best I ever heard Curren$y spit. He hasn't been the same since.

I see alotta ? sayin this y'all weren't feeling weekend at Bernie's ? Cigarette boats or verde terrace ? He should hop back in the studio with alchemist
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup

I see alotta ? sayin this y'all weren't feeling weekend at Bernie's ? Cigarette boats or verde terrace ? He should hop back in the studio with alchemist

I tried listening to verde terrace back when it came out and I didnt like it because I think I wanted it to sound like Covert Coup. CIgarette Boats was good, weekend at burnie's is iight. But then I went to listen to verde terrace again like early last week and I started to feel it. Its because Covert Coup was the first thing I heard from him that made me start listening. Then I had to go back and listen to all his previous stuff.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    Weekend at burnies was dope to me
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Covert Coup

I did not like Weekend at Bernies. Verde Terrace was a 6.5/10, and Cigarette Boats was 7.5/10. He needs to work with Alchemist again.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    covert coup easy, success is my cologne>>>>>>>
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup

weekend at bernies went hard to me for the most part, and verde terrace went even harder
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    Kid Frankie, Glass House, and Visions were my ?

I like Covert Coup, but there are some tapes of his I prefer over that one, namely Smokey Robinson and Fast Times At Ridgemont Fly...
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how fly>>>>

why havent they drop that official album?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    how fly>>>>

why havent they drop that official album?

They dropped that months ago
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    we the type of people beat break down>>>>>>>>>>
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Verde Terrace is the only thing Spitta has released post Covert Coup that I didn't keep in my iTunes. I just ain't ? wit it like I did everything else. Maybe I'll go back to it and give it another chance.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    The Statement & Spotlight were the only joints I liked on OJ & Kush.

Covert Coup tho? Full Metal, Double 07, Success Is My Cologne, BBS, Smoke Break... He won with that tape
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Curren$y was godly on Covert Coup. I catch the rap holy ghost when full metal comes on
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kush & OJ
    Gotta go with K&OJ

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covert Coup
    Mind you ive never heard kush x oj haha

but ? man covert coup was sick. Hated it at first but after a few gym listens.....

Scottie Pippens, the Type, and Blood Sweat and Gears are the most aggressive songs Spitta ever released (and yes Freddie Gibbs destroyed Currensy on Scottie Pippens)

How yall ? not like Verde Terrace tho? Like to me Currensy was on a ? roll with PI1, PI2, Return to the winners circle, Covert, then Verde...He's great projects since then have been more sporadic (cig. boats and stoned immaculate).....

? this one song on verde terrace is a GOAT Currensy song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VmpSeJ09CQ