Kendrick Lamar(Shots Fired!!!!) "Control"

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Wale can have beef with Jennifer Hudson's husband on twitter, but can't respond to Kendrick? SMH

worse than that he has time to beef with a female (Rosa Acosta)

Dude had beef with amanda seales.

Google that ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale should throw a leftover J Cole beat at Kendrick and Punk. Aint no recovering from that, tgeyllthey'll get vertigo
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more I listen to Joe Budden's reply the more I like it
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco - SLR 2: Breakdown

0:30 — 0:43 Mocking Rick Ross style
    0:50- 0:58- Mocking Meek Mill style
    1:02-1:12- Mocking T.I style
    1:13-1:27 Mocking B.O.B style
    1:28- 1:45 Mocking Kanye style
    1:57-2:12 Mocking 2 Chainz style
    2:13- 2:19 Mocking Drake style
    2:20 -2:39 Mocking Kendricks Style
    2:40- 2:55 Mocking Lil Wayne style (hence the accent)

Do you need any more help ?

Lupe is too smart. Basic ? don’t understand him. They just think the song slaps and ?

There is a difference between cohesive, intelligent raps, and outright riddles. Lupe raps in outright riddles. The response was dope, but if this was the concept he was perusing, then it was executed poorly, and the bars that accompanied it weren't that great.

executed poorly how you just dont listen to the artists enough that you didnt catch it right away its ok to say damn son that went over my head its cool but sit up here and say it was executed poorly just because you aint pick up on it

Stop bruh, you reachin'. There is no way your gonna sit up here and tell me you caught all of that on your first, second, or even third listen through. I'm a Lupe fan too. The fact of the matter is, it's not about going over anyone's head. Not this particular song. He is an MC, and responsible for communicating his verbal assaults in a manner which are witty and clever, but cohesive and understandable to a certain point. Complexity and depth does not necessarily imply some superior intelligence or pen game when it comes to rap.

Best example of this would be the banana clips /six line. That's some deep ? that not everyone would get, especially ? not educated in fire arm slang. That's a line that would go over a ? 's head. But the lyrics themselves (Deer lord, have mercy on my...) on the surface are uninspired and not that great over beats. The ? sounds lazy and corny to some. He's gonna have to capture ? 's attention sonicly much better, if he expects people to sit there and decode anything. That's the point of an MC.

Edit: Let me just add, the ? doesn't have to dumb anything down to accomplish what I'm implying.

my man im not reaching truth is i did catch that all on the first listen cause im a music junkie and i smiled when i first heard the ? music connects with people differently it did go over your head the first listen it has nothing to do with intelligence i mean if you listen to rap/hip-hop grew up on it you should already know it cause its part of the culture fam you know that banana clip line i caught it right away cause if was for me to get now some ? who was just started listen to rap/hip-hop five years agos not saying you but just in gen wont get it cause it wasnt meant for them to just like i gotta sit with my girl sometimes and she be like why smiling i dont know what that means and gotta explain to her and ? ....it wasnt for her to get cause she dont listen to rap/hip-hop and wasnt brought up on the ? i listen to so miss with all that complex ? cause it really wasnt well not for me anyway and no for alot of other people just saying i listen to all the artist he was mocking ! but i understand where you coming from tho
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Some perspective.. More MC's responded to Kendrick than they did over the Zimmerman, Oscar Grant, Sean Bell incedents combined.

U know got dam well these mainstream rappers ain't in that Immortal Technique/Public Enemy lane. GTFOH bruh.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some perspective.. More MC's responded to Kendrick than they did over the Zimmerman, Oscar Grant, Sean Bell incedents combined.

MCs responded though, mainstream rap ? wasnt even studdin that verse.

Truth be told I'm sure corporate sponsors and the industry put the muzzle on alot of these cats because politics alienates consumers. Everybody scared of losing these huge sponsorships so they won't rock that boat.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar stay winning
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    So Wale can have beef with Jennifer Hudson's husband on twitter, but can't respond to Kendrick? SMH

worse than that he has time to beef with a female (Rosa Acosta)

Dude had beef with amanda seales.

Google that ?

He also had beef with Bin Laden's woman too lol
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got love for Wale but he's way too emo (especially when it comes to women)

Watch his interview from two days ago (04:40 onwards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnLiwbZPAzk
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no rapper who has been mentioned has responded yet?

The only ones responding are the ones who are either irrelevant or have no business responding
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully...NY
    comes out an goes at the whole ? coast...

who the west really gonna bring? they got like three maybe four real good ? ...crooked I sounds like a ny ?
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Drake has it in him to really go at Kendrick like that.

He'll say something but it'll be a subliminal and probably talk about having more money, fame or being the first one of this new generation to really get on.

Don't think he wants to do anything that's gonna result in a full on battle with Kendrick based on bars alone he can't beat K. Dot. IMO.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im surprised AZ aint drop nothing

The ? is AZ supposed to respond to? Smh... Don't involve legends of such stature in this bs, foh

who said AZ was a legend tho....

To all the ? that wacked and flagged this post...i would like to know what makes AZ a legend? I'll wait....
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im surprised AZ aint drop nothing

The ? is AZ supposed to respond to? Smh... Don't involve legends of such stature in this bs, foh

who said AZ was a legend tho....

To all the ? that wacked and flagged this post...i would like to know what makes AZ a legend? I'll wait....

doe or die is a classic..... ? had the only guest verse on the greatest rap cd of all time... please give me ONE wack verse dude ever spit

Never said he was wack...just asks what makes him a legend....

And having a guest verse on a classic cd makes u all legend now? News to me bruh
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »

U know got dam well these mainstream rappers ain't in that Immortal Technique/Public Enemy lane. GTFOH bruh.

None of the MC's whose responded to Kendrick are really mainstream aside from Lupe.
  • IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KL will be good as long as he doesn't take any advice from Game.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Why is it always if you got bars or you any form of lyrical you gotta sound like you from NY but if you trash or ain't lyrical then you sound like you from somewhere else like everybody produces trash rap but NY they only breed the best and if you the best from anywhere else then you sound like us that kind of thinking never made any sense to me but hey I guess whatever helps you sleep at night...

You're reaching bruh. 3k, TI, Krit etc. all rap southern and are all considered lyrical by most people's standards.
This discussion has been closed.