Big Sean "Hall of Fame" Official Album Thread (8.27)

Options

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? ain't "better" than anything but his first album...
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think stanning should be a bannable offense, good lawd
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's alright. That's it. Just Alright.

? you mean its just alright its a classic! Just like day day said the IC the only place saying this album is not a classic! (insert 2 sentences about j. cole or wale here). Word to day day seans fanbase has grown so much since the first album and first week when he outsells cole and wales numbers yall gon learn today! I mean im not gunna bet that sean will sell more than his peers this year i will just bet he will sell more than 120K.

• DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    lol at y'all judging the album' s hype off the IC buzz . Born Sinner had so many views and that album was consider average amongs most hip hop fans. Wale's album came and went. All you got to do is see whose album is getting better reviews so far.

your talking more about j cole in this thread than you do big sean. you keep talking about jermaines album but have no proof of the ? you say lol. you said people in this thread called coles album a 9 outta 10 but can't post a link where anybody in this thread said that a few months back.

most people in here are saying this album is good but disagreeing with you that the album is a classic. even the reviews you posting don't claim this album is classic they just gave it good reviews. just because something get positive reviews doesn't make it a classic. The album is allot better than the first album but for you you be behind your computer next to your in house murual of big sean and say the album is a classic is ludacris lmao.

Find my post where I said the album is a classic? Again you putting words in my mouth. Out of his peers he dropped the better album this year is all I'm saying so far. The reviews that have been released back up my argument. Go back and read the Born Sinner thread. ? is hilarious hahaha. Again y'all the ones catching feelings over my words lol.
  • B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm sittin back waiting on what pusha t gon deliver, yea laugh ? LoL....
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Day Day is related to Big Sean so I ain't even gone knock dude's championship stanning
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all Stan just as heavy for Cole and Jay but just aren't as overt with it and it's a bigger group of people so it's more "acceptable". Posters shouldn't be afraid to be open with their support for artists as long as it doesn't reach weirdo levels like Marine.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited August 2013
    Options
    lol at y'all judging the album' s hype off the IC buzz . Born Sinner had so many views and that album was consider average amongs most hip hop fans. Wale's album came and went. All you got to do is see whose album is getting better reviews so far.

your talking more about j cole in this thread than you do big sean. you keep talking about jermaines album but have no proof of the ? you say lol. you said people in this thread called coles album a 9 outta 10 but can't post a link where anybody in this thread said that a few months back.

most people in here are saying this album is good but disagreeing with you that the album is a classic. even the reviews you posting don't claim this album is classic they just gave it good reviews. just because something get positive reviews doesn't make it a classic. The album is allot better than the first album but for you you be behind your computer next to your in house murual of big sean and say the album is a classic is ludacris lmao.

Find my post where I said the album is a classic? Again you putting words in my mouth. Out of his peers he dropped the better album this year is all I'm saying so far. The reviews that have been released back up my argument. Go back and read the Born Sinner thread. ? is hilarious hahaha. Again y'all the ones catching feelings over my words lol.

lol look at the bolded you just said it in this post you juts typed it

• DetroitBoi313
    edited August 2013
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Y'all Stan just as heavy for Cole and Jay but just aren't as overt with it and it's a bigger group of people so it's more "acceptable". Posters shouldn't be afraid to be open with their support for artists as long as it doesn't reach weirdo levels like Marine.

Exactly. These same posters where in that J.Cole album thread praising that album. It ain't like I'm the only one saying this album is dope. The same reviewers who trashed Finally Famous are praising this album.

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Lol ? have you read this ? Dayday/Detroit boi posts on Sean over the years? ? disgusting.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options

Find the post
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Find the post

your last post you just said it and a i bolded it for you

i just answered your question lol yet you can't find anything in the born sinner thread that you claimed people in this thread were saying
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited August 2013
    Options

Find the post

i just answered your question lol yet you can't find anything in the born sinner thread that you claimed people in this thread were saying

So me answering you about when I called the album a classic is me calling the album the classic? smh at your stupidity. I'm not about to go through that Born Sinner thread . Do it yourself. You even had ? calling "She Knows" dope hahaha. Big Sean dropped a better album is all I'm saying. Most of y'all Cole stans to can to grips with that. This HOF album too soulful.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dayday's stanning level is like 10x usmarine's. buttuh is only standing up for the champion stan cause they're both opposed to cole.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    9/10 now love this ?

? that ? for not putting Kenny lofton & cole summer on the album tho

This is what I'm talking about hahaha
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dayday's stanning level is like 10x usmarine's. buttuh is only standing up for the champion stan cause they're both opposed to cole.

Pretty much. I'm still trynna see what Cole has to do with this album? He wasn't featured, no ? . credits, he wasn't even mentioned in this album. So why is he bein brought up?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off of the first listen album is very forgettable...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Find the post

So me answering you about when I called the album a classic is me calling the album the classic? smh at your stupidity. I'm not about to go through that Born Sinner thread . Do it yourself. You even had ? calling "She Knows" dope hahaha. Big Sean dropped a better album is all I'm saying. Most of y'all Cole stans to can to grips with that. This HOF album too soulful.

lol at you catching feelings over my words the bolded don't lie tho hahaha. i am not a cole stan at all i barely if at all even commented in that thread. say what you want about the album but ain't nothing "soulful" about talking about ? peoples mamas and working 10 to 10 like a mexican lmao. Production wise yes its on point but i wouldn't call it soulful. Krit having BB king do a riff on his track is soulful. Talking about wanting a 3 some in mona lisa ain't soulful lmao.
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited August 2013
    Options

Pretty much. I'm still trynna see what Cole has to do with this album? He wasn't featured, no ? . credits, he wasn't even mentioned in this album. So why is he bein brought up?

Y'all ? are known Cole stans that's why I bring him up. How y'all ? gonna big up that average album and than ? on this? What's even funny is that y'all act like it's crazy for HOF to be considered better than Born Sinner. Y'all can't come to grips with that hahaha. HOF is getting better review scores and now y'all saying the reviewers were paid to say that lol. The excuses.
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited August 2013
    Options

Find the post

lol at you catching feelings over my words the bolded don't lie tho hahaha. i am not a cole stan at all i barely if at all even commented in that thread. say what you want about the album but ain't nothing "soulful" about talking about ? peoples mamas and working 10 to 10 like a mexican lmao. Production wise yes its on point but i wouldn't call it soulful. Krit having BB king do a riff on his track is soulful. Talking about wanting a 3 some in mona lisa ain't soulful lmao.

So you just gonna name the 3 hype records lol. AOTY so far.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know you got it bad when you're digging through an old album thread to find quotes from other posters. are you gettin paid for this ? dayday? at least bcotton is entertaining with his stanning.

"sean dies, dayday dies"
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Find the post

So you just gonna name the 3 hype records lol. AOTY so far.

the only "soulful" tracks on the album is Ashley, First chain, and all figured out. Everything else can't be classified as soulful. You claiming this ? is "AOTY" yet when cats told you to make a bet sales wise you only bet it would sell just over 100K. If this ? was AOTY worthy than you would have made a bet that it woulda out sold Wale Cole Yeezy and Hov numbers wise. Cause if this ? is so good people would actually cop it on those levels lol.
  • DetroitBoi313
    Options
    Still don't know when anybody said the album was going to be a classic. I know for a fact it's going to better than that garbage Wiz put out. Will be better than Wale and Cole's albums too.

qx54qx.png
    Who is the person at the center of all this outward projection? We still don't really know. Cole's second, attention-grabbing mixtape, 2009's The Warm Up, positioned him as an upstart unmoored from traditional conventions, an artist who could switch up flows, rap furiously and build his own hooks; Born Sinner finds himself standing in about the same place he was on Cole World: The Sideline Story, but the green room here is a little nicer.

Once in a while he can create something catchy-- the Miguel-featuring "Power Trip" almost seems like it was designed in a lab for radio rotation but the album as a whole splices together musical eras and reference without much purpose.

At its best, Born Sinner, showcases J. Cole's overall musicality, pairing his ability as a lyricist with a more broadly developed production palette. In a heat, he can rattle off some fierce rejoinders (See: "nikkaz Know"). But several releases deep into Cole's growing catalogue, we haven't been delivered the savior that Jay-Z's "A Star is Born" seemed to anoint. (The latter's current indifference to Cole has become so pronounced that Cole has to keep squashing beef rumors.) Though much has been made of Cole's decision to bump up Born Sinner's release to the same day as Kanye's Yeezus, Cole is popular to a degree that suggests his sales will be competitive with Kanye's divisive-by-design Yeezus. That popularity, which has grown through a handful of big singles, is a testament to the fans who've been with him since his come up, fans rewarded with a recent string of $1 "Dollar and a Dream" performances taking place this week. But Born Sinner didn't turn out to be a reward in itself.

Lol at y'all acting like Born Sinner was an incredible body of work. His average metacritic score was a 71. Album was average like most critics have stated. Like I have been telling y'all for years J.Cole has peaked already. Same rap topics and boring beats. No progression at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuRk2PW-N4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSjc0XzeImg

Both Deadendhiphop and Theneedledrop called the album average. Y'all stans can keep hyping up the album tho. Sean will easily put out a better project. ? gonna be in denial in 2 weeks. Keep the nosigns coming lol.

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you wanna bring up that VIBE review, they gave Born Sinner a good review too. Does Vibe still hold any significance to u now?
  • DetroitBoi313
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You know you got it bad when you're digging through an old album thread to find quotes from other posters. are you gettin paid for this ? dayday? at least bcotton is entertaining with his stanning.

"sean dies, dayday dies"

Y'all said I making up ? . I find post. Y'all can't refute nothing lol. It's alright y'all Sean dropped a better album.