Better rapper Vol. 32: Ghostface or Jay-Z

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    I like Ghost music but Jay along with Nas, Pac, Rakim, etc are a handful of the mc's who are definite top 10 material. Ghost ain't nowhere near no top ten rapper, he ain't even the best mc in Wu, that goes to GZA.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    Ghost got stand out verses on 36 chambers
    liquid swordz
    return of the 36
    half of OB4CL
    The Pillage
    Wu-tang forever
    And
    bobby digital

Every one of his solo albums nothing but raw, creative, original, heart fealt ? from Ghost.

Just because the man didn't go commercial dont mean ? . To jot include Ghost in the top tier of all time is a travesty. And Ill take Ghost all day every day over Jay.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Nah Son wrote: »
    I know everybody will disagree except one poster. High five @usmarin

make it two.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    It's not close to me. Ghost releases quality music every time. JayZ is real hit or miss nowadays.

... I really don't see how dudes can still be a fan of JayZ, when he's digressed so much. That's like Kobe coming back averaging 12ppg and his fans still fronting like he's good. Or like instead of Jordan playing for the Wizards for a couple of years, he played on the Wizards for half of his career. JayZ fans need to let it go.

He use to be good, but he's been wack for a minute now.

... Or maybe y'all just think Ghost is wack lol.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I like Ghost music but Jay along with Nas, Pac, Rakim, etc are a handful of the mc's who are definite top 10 material. Ghost ain't nowhere near no top ten rapper, he ain't even the best mc in Wu, that goes to GZA.

Unless you're taking it back to the 80s, I don't see how you can name 10 emcees nicer than Ghost. Especially since Ghost has the longevity, the impact, and the quality music.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    Ayo y'all hear that Mega and Ghost song? Mega used that Magic, Worthy line that Jay used on Magna Carta and yall were gassin over 10 years ago. I remember I copped that Legal Hustle album in middle school.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Telling someone to lay down because they don't want to take part in an argument is ? ??? Lmao I'm convinced y'all never engaged in conversation outside the Internet in real life. Like y'all socially awkward.

Right because telling other grown men to "lay down ? " in the real world is seen as a straight thing to say to each other....smh
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Telling someone to lay down because they don't want to take part in an argument is ? ??? Lmao I'm convinced y'all never engaged in conversation outside the Internet in real life. Like y'all socially awkward.

Right because telling other grown men to "lay down ? " in the real world is seen as a straight thing to say to each other....smh

If taken in the proper context and you aren't thinking about ? ass ? yes. I'm calling you a ? and I'm saying "Hey you can't back up your arguments so lay down". And your first thoughts are about laying down on a bed of flowers huh weirdo?
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Jay way better but i expect Ghost to win on the IC
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Again more ? ? but I'm guessing you tell yo friends in real life to lay down and don't find a problem with it so gone head bruh do you I don't judge....
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    Lol butta puttin ot in this thread
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Ghostface is better but I pick Jay to not see him get blown out.

Ghostface catalog and rapping skills>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    I love Tony Starks But This ? is absurd
  • keez.
    keez. Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    First things first, folks need to acknowledge the difference between a rapper and an entertainer. Jay-Z can probably sell out more stadiums than Ghostface, but most of Jigga's fans are sheep anyway who always will eat up whatever he spoon feeds them. Ghostface might not sell out stadiums, but I find that he has more replay value to me personally and lyrically is superior to Jay-Z who hasn't been dominant since the Black Album (Coincidentally about the time I started to stop checking for Jay. "Otis" was cool, but I heard Papoose flip on that beat and liked Pap's verse more than Jay's)
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ghostface Killah
    ohhhla wrote: »

Seeing how this is 50/50 you actually helped Jay.... never assume.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »

Seeing how this is 50/50 you actually helped jay....

Don't worry it's just beginning.

Remember the Bank$ vs Royce thread?

He was winning and then got blown out.
  • MR Josh
    MR Josh Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    just for the simple fact that gostface has never been and will never be in the goat conversation answers this question.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z

Unless you're taking it back to the 80s, I don't see how you can name 10 emcees nicer than Ghost. Especially since Ghost has the longevity, the impact, and the quality music.

Post a Ghostface quotable right now off the top of your head, i bet you can't. The random gibberish the ? spits ya'll call lyrics, ? please. Ghost flow is dope, so is his delivery, and storytelling but the ? don't be spitting lyrics like that. Plus damn near all the ? albums are carbon copy of each album, just soul samples and storytelling.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    It's the same ol thing nikkas love the underdog.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface Killah

Post a Ghostface quotable right now off the top of your head, i bet you can't. The random gibberish the ? spits ya'll call lyrics, ? please. Ghost flow is dope, so is his delivery, and storytelling but the ? don't be spitting lyrics like that. Plus damn near all the ? albums are carbon copy of each album, just soul samples and storytelling.

This right here to me is the hallmark of a ? rap fan. "Post a quotable." As if a hot line makes a great rapper. Ghost got hot verses, songs, and albums. Who gives a ? about a quotable? And if all Ghost's albums are carbon copies of each album then what do you say about Jay, because 80 % of all of his albums is the exact same subject matter.

I'll give Jay that he's had more of an impact on the game as a solo artist and he's a better technical lyricist, but Ghost has a more versatile and better flow, is a better storyteller, is more creative, has the better catalog, and has gotten better over time while Jay has gone in a direction that only the best caped of his crusaders will defend.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Jays 3 best LPs RD BP1 Life and Times Hard Knock Life vol2 or maybe Black album vs Ghost best 3 Ironman Supreme Clientele and umm.
    .Bullet Proof Wallets?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z

a quotable out of context wouldn't be good, Ghost isn't that kind of MC you need context to grasp what he saying but at the same time....

? are trippin though, Ghost raps with no form at times and its total stream of consciousness stuff that really seems to make no sense. The ? rhymes and its well delivered but he really aint saying ? .