how come its popular mythology that new york is....

Options
judahxulu
judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
the birthplace of hip-hop and the end all be all of a rap standard YET hip-hop is an amalgamtion of 5 elements not inherent to New York or the U.S. for that matter ( proven...study) and these ? NEVER take credit for all the BAD ? in the game. How you claim to father something but then wanna act like yo bad seed ? baby ass moneyhungry offspring is an honor student? ? birth this incarnation of the african oral tradition but then sold the ? baby to corporate amerikkka...why dont yall take credit for that?

Comments

• judahxulu
    Options
    nah..i barely be on here. im studying the people. everybody in an uproar about kendrick lamars verse because of the king of new york ? and thats based on the weight of the new york mythology...thats its the end all beat all of hip-hop and the rap standard and its ? ... moreover the region ? is dumb anyway and is just one more periphery piece of ? surrounding rap that covers up most of these ? ability to make good, timeless music that we need to strip back for the sake of preserving the art & science of emceeing
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of! Muthafuckaaaaa!
  • judahxulu
    Options
    no hate... i like a gang of new york ? ... yall proving my point. if we dont bow down and kiss new yorks ass then we hating. wtf? im just telling the truth.. self appointed and new york appoint rap reps been playing this "emperor has no clothes" game for decades.. tuck yall ? srings and stop your ? from flapping in this ill wind, my nagas...
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    ? birth this incarnation of the african oral tradition but then sold the ? baby to corporate amerikkka...why dont yall take credit for that?

I wana know what your implying here before I leverage with you. All that other ? before it doesn't make since. If we go by the logic your implying, then Hip-Hop originated from African drum and dance.

As far as I can tell, the catchy ? corporate America likes comes from the deep South, not New York. Corporate America don't ? with NY. Word to Hot 97.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    can anyone disprove new york sold hip-hop out? the ? rotten from the foundation and it aint the overtly ignorant ? fault..its about the simmons family, israelis, krs and the lies and secrecy surrounding the zulus that got real o.g. s torn from the jump... i know what im talmbout fellas
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall blame the South for alot so fk it! NewYork not being able to evolve n stay consistent with the tymes is a NY problem quit askin everybody where yall went wrong yall went from a competitive nature and got domesticated like a animal turned pet
  • judahxulu
    Options
    ? birth this incarnation of the african oral tradition but then sold the ? baby to corporate amerikkka...why dont yall take credit for that?

I wana know what your implying here before I leverage with you. All that other ? before it doesn't make since. If we go by the logic your implying, then Hip-Hop originated from African drum and dance.

As far as I can tell, the catchy ? corporate America likes comes from the deep South, not New York. Corporate America don't ? with NY. Word to Hot 97.

? are you 16 and white? you obviously didnt live thru the so-called golden era. you have no clue wtf youre talmbout. new york was selling out hip-hop in the sugar hill days. run dmc started the corporate ? ? . krs started the fake conscious ? ? . and the down low ? been there the whole time...and it goes very high up. but i was on the ground level for a lot of stuff or build with triple o.g. there from the 70s

you ? think u know hipp hop cause u be on here or read some ? stories in the source from ? who were hair band nerds or non-existent in those days...lol..its a big ass lie..false mythology..
  • judahxulu
    Options
    but you cant respond intelligently cause i read you chump... ? clicking feelings buttons lol..? what human dont have emotions or feelings? none are involved in my cultural critique besides maybe dissapointment... you ? ass internet ? been ? up the game too.. feelings... ? please.. i know some real emotional ass ? that will shoot a mufucka point blank range.. FOH ...FEEL me? lol..only on ic do ? catch feelings and click a feelings button to project that ? on a voice that dont agree with they simple ass lmao
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

? are you 16 and white? you obviously didnt live thru the so-called golden era. you have no clue wtf youre talmbout. new york was selling out hip-hop in the sugar hill days. run dmc started the corporate ? ? . krs started the fake conscious ? ? . and the down low ? been there the whole time...and it goes very high up. but i was on the ground level for a lot of stuff or build with triple o.g. there from the 70s

you ? think u know hipp hop cause u be on here or read some ? stories in the source from ? who were hair band nerds or non-existent in those days...lol..its a big ass lie..false mythology..

? you took that ? and went way left with it. I was asking for your clarification on your "amalgamtion of 5 elements not inherent to New York or the U.S." So what are you sayin', all Hip-Hop post Run DMC was illegitimate because ? was signed to record labels? And NYC should be taking responsibility for it? Record labels didn't stop classics from Hov or Andre.

These are honest questions ? , nobody is heckling you. Just answer the ? so we can discuss.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    no im not saying that... and im speaking the foundation..not new ? ... ? like hov and 3k is only a few years older than me.. they grew up in the ? too... b4 their time. ? mention that era religiously but a lot of ? didnt go down as reported in this day and it alters the context of today..in relation to ny hip-hop.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New York didn't sell hip hop out they turned it into a means for artists and producers and bboys and managers to live off the artform. If the various people in hip hop couldn't make a living off the art they would not be able to work on their respective crafts full time. If DJ Premier had to work 40 hours at a gas station because hip hop didn't turn into an industry he would not have as much time to sharpen his craft. If Nas had to work at a clothing shop because hip hop didn't pay enough to afford ends meet would he have had time to build his rap catalouge and work on his craft?

Some moguls like diddy yes they screwed artists over and past the early 2000's now hip hop has gone too far for money and too litte about effort and craft. But the 90's wouldn't be as dope as they were hip hop wise if hip hop didn't "sell out". And if you think NYC doesn't take heat for their mistakes you haven't been on the IC for more than 5 minutes.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    ? said "mythology" like 1520 Sedgwick Avenue was some imaginary land with bubble gum forests and cotton candy clouds. Yes, we are the mecca of this ? ... it's just that the business is ran by mufuckas that don't respect the culture, so now the culture is defined by who is dominant on the pop charts instead of how people live and sound. Not saying we're the best, or not trying to talk down on any other city/state/region... but yes, NYC has the distinction of being the first to do it, no Ray J.

before u get to flapping your gums...know that i know a whole lot from inside out the zulu nation..how old are you, g? u should could be careful who u tryna kick knowledge to...i know ? . not jkust a forum ? talking. i can smash those infintiy lessons. i know real zulus. from south africa bruh. i got an inside scoop waaaaay over your head bruh. im not saying everyhting i know cause im being considerate of some of my higher ranked homies...

im saying if you the mecca then how the business get their hand on it? ? is your logic at? it wasnt no other regions when the ? got sold out. yall GAVE IT TO PEOPLE WHO DONT RESPECT WHEN IT WAS ALL YOURS? how the hell can you deny that??
  • judahxulu
    Options
    a myth is a fictional story ...usually built around real events or phenomena... mythology, g
  • judahxulu
    Options
    top ten and GOAT lists...other examples of mythologies in the making
  • IamMonster
    IamMonster Members Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    but you cant respond intelligently cause i read you chump... ? clicking feelings buttons lol..? what human dont have emotions or feelings? none are involved in my cultural critique besides maybe dissapointment... you ? ass internet ? been ? up the game too.. feelings... ? please.. i know some real emotional ass ? that will shoot a mufucka point blank range.. FOH ...FEEL me? lol..only on ic do ? catch feelings and click a feelings button to project that ? on a voice that dont agree with they simple ass lmao

Tell em
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh why should we take credit for "all the bad ? " when it's not our fault. Ts if you know the inside scoop then you know how stuff work. Money talks
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    New York didn't sell hip hop out they turned it into a means for artists and producers and bboys and managers to live off the artform. If the various people in hip hop couldn't make a living off the art they would not be able to work on their respective crafts full time. If DJ Premier had to work 40 hours at a gas station because hip hop didn't turn into an industry he would not have as much time to sharpen his craft. If Nas had to work at a clothing shop because hip hop didn't pay enough to afford ends meet would he have had time to build his rap catalouge and work on his craft?

Some moguls like diddy yes they screwed artists over and past the early 2000's now hip hop has gone too far for money and too litte about effort and craft. But the 90's wouldn't be as dope as they were hip hop wise if hip hop didn't "sell out". And if you think NYC doesn't take heat for their mistakes you haven't been on the IC for more than 5 minutes.

i been on the ic for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time... youre making excuses. im not ignoring the positive contributions. that was the only thing i had when all the simple ? around where i was at were into master p and that grunting ? . its way more complex then what you just said... these ? were the voice of the people and changed the voice for money thusly betraying the people. and they did it first. dress it up how u want its still the same thing. and the results are obvious.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    music and poetry belong to the soul not no ? region...and hip-hop culture is only the bastard son of amerikkan culture and distilled african oral tradition..not some original ? new york ? pulled out of thin air. maybe if we took some of the pomp from the region ? would be humgry and thirsty enough to make good music again...
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2013
    Options
    and talmout feeding families? if a rapper aint teaching nothing but self-destruction aint NO WAY he needs to be making more money than the people educating your seeds at school... im challenging all them myths and justification. u ? just batting eyes and making fun of ? like macklemore but dont u see..they serving death blows to the genre.. we need to sort all this out and reboot..seriously