Black Family Refused Service At Restaurant Because White Customer Felt "Threatened"

Options
13»

Comments

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Felt threatened?

? , eat your chicken and shut the ? up. Ain't nobody worried about your scary ass.

Stories like these are more reason why we need to support our own businesses.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charleston is on some other ? . I almost got arrested at an IHop out there because I was talking to my home boy and jokingly told him to shut the ? up.

I almost got arrested twice at that same damn IHop, now that I think about it. SMH
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since there's so many people from Charleston....is it really a cool place to live? I live in Columbia but I'm thinking about my next move. I like Charleston but I don't know if its a nice place to live.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Since there's so many people from Charleston....is it really a cool place to live? I live in Columbia but I'm thinking about my next move. I like Charleston but I don't know if its a nice place to live.

its aight, they're building up downtown to look more like Columbia, its a slow process but they're getting there..far as yo experience from day to day..that depends on what your working with..you looking to rent or own, if its own your gonna need at least 150,000 to not be in a ? area...rent gotta be at least 1100 to not be in a ? area..stay away from anything in the 29405 area...if your new to the city you might wanna go to the 29485,29456,29420 area's to live...if you bout that night life you need to move to the 29403 area, if your in between you need to move to the 29407 area...if your looking for laid back 29414 is cool too...but stay away from 29405 definitely...and stay away from apartment complexes downtown, dont go to Bayside..ever

lol SC has it's problems, but the fact that 150K is all it takes to price you out of the bad areas is not one of them.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2013
    Options

its aight, they're building up downtown to look more like Columbia, its a slow process but they're getting there..far as yo experience from day to day..that depends on what your working with..you looking to rent or own, if its own your gonna need at least 150,000 to not be in a ? area...rent gotta be at least 1100 to not be in a ? area..stay away from anything in the 29405 area...if your new to the city you might wanna go to the 29485,29456,29420 area's to live...if you bout that night life you need to move to the 29403 area, if your in between you need to move to the 29407 area...if your looking for laid back 29414 is cool too...but stay away from 29405 definitely...and stay away from apartment complexes downtown, dont go to Bayside..ever

lol SC has it's problems, but the fact that 150K is all it takes to price you out of the bad areas is not one of them.

Im talking new home ? ...you might get lucky and get 90,000 in west ashley over behind Savannah Highway...in North Charleston tho, that'll have you on the Waylyn or Accabee...150 ill get you solid...? they building new homes off of ladson road 1600 square ft at 130 easy,..and i bet you can talk em down

Nah, I get what you're saying. I mean that's a good thing about SC and the South in general. In the area I live, those houses people are buying for 150K down there are going for 500K.
  • rapmusic
    edited August 2013
    Options

I appreciate that. I work in news so I won't be home much anyway lol! I would rent of course because we don't stay in one area too long. I haven't ventured down deep into Charleston yet, just hung out in Goose Creek and North Charleston with friends that live there. I had to go down there to The Citadel during the presidential primaries for Rick ? . I wanted to hang out but I worked a 12 hour day and was like ? that lol, just chilled at the hotel. I am going to a cruise out of Charleston next week so hopefully I'll get to check the city out in more detail.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @dr.chemix
    nope but i swore that was Blazini in the pic
    25 ? at that point have a damn cookout ...when the wings heard that fat ? walkin they threw themselves on the floor

• rapmusic
    Options

I appreciate that. I work in news so I won't be home much anyway lol! I would rent of course because we don't stay in one area too long. I haven't ventured down deep into Charleston yet, just hung out in Goose Creek and North Charleston with friends that live there. I had to go down there to The Citadel during the presidential primaries for Rick ? . I wanted to hang out but I worked a 12 hour day and was like ? that lol, just chilled at the hotel. I am going to a cruise out of Charleston next week so hopefully I'll get to check the city out in more detail.

No doubt...the area by the Citadel is cool too, you sound like your gonna be more downtown...stay off America St., Huger St., and Meeting street on the side close to Mt.Pleasant street at night...and dont go to Backdagreen...dont even walk through there
    Yeah I heard ? get real down there. People are crazy here too but I know where not to go here of course.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say it but that group looked exactly how I thought they would. The group mainly consists of overweight black women. I'm not judging a book by its cover BUT it won't surprise me if they'd acted loud and ignorant. I hope I'm wrong for once......
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope motherfuckas ain't in here acting like other races don't talk loud and ? when they out in groups...

? out to chill, not to whisper. It's not like it was a ? ' library - it was wild wings for ? 's sake.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Options
    For the most part the dudes in the pic don't look rowdy but them ? though...I bet THEY were doing most of the yapping.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    couldnt be me fam. id get some damn service
  • rapmusic
    Options
    A woman contacted Radio Facts who works at the Wild Wings restaurant that asked the black patrons to leave. and asked that we allow her to be anonymous. She states there are several reasons the group was asked to leave (below)  Radiofacts.com,

You’re only getting one side of story here. I work at the restaurant and your representation of the events is way off base. The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how “whitey” was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the word “n*gger” When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers. 

See the original story here
    Where was this person when the story first broke? I hate these after the fact ass ? . Then this person would be the one to say "I don't want to go on camera" (I see it all the time) If you really feel that way, say something when it first happens!!
  • 7figz
    Options
    A woman contacted Radio Facts who works at the Wild Wings restaurant that asked the black patrons to leave. and asked that we allow her to be anonymous. She states there are several reasons the group was asked to leave (below)  Radiofacts.com,

You’re only getting one side of story here. I work at the restaurant and your representation of the events is way off base. The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how “whitey” was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the word “n*gger” When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers. 

I'll believe this ? when I see the video.

They should have video right in this upstanding establishment ?

Matter of fact, if these customers were so rowdy - were the cops called ?

If the answer is "No" and "No" then that story is full of ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Huh? How many restaurants just have cameras running recording everything that goes on in the establishment? Let's not act like that's some common practice. And the person didn't say the people were violent. She just said they were rude and obnoxious. Why would they call the cops over just asking them to leave?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nothing new just whites doing there thing.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to school wit ole boy.
  • 7figz
    Options

Huh? How many restaurants just have cameras running recording everything that goes on in the establishment? Let's not act like that's some common practice. And the person didn't say the people were violent. She just said they were rude and obnoxious. Why would they call the cops over just asking them to leave?

Just about every store you go in has security cameras. And if they were really harassing the customers, why wouldn't they call the cops ?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

C/s this muthafucca. This ? know what he's talkin about.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh? How many restaurants just have cameras running recording everything that goes on in the establishment? Let's not act like that's some common practice.

um Buffalo Wild Wings

Mentor Police found two people caught on tape taking a wallet at Buffalo Wild Wings

[img]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/format/jpg/quality/82/resize/407x295/http://hss-? .hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/e0831d613e2bf151649949454b82fba6[/img]

2 men rob Buffalo Wild Wings eatery
    Police are searching for two people who held up the restaurant on Monday.
    503845_1.jpg

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- An unknown suspect was caught on camera Valentine's Day taking a charging iPhone from a restaurant.

The victim and his wife were out to eat at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant at 1940 Wells Road when he plugged his iPhone into an outlet where they were seated, according to a report from the Clay County Sheriff's Office.

130314030853_Buffalo%20Phone%20Theft%20Suspect%201.bmp.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »

Huh? How many restaurants just have cameras running recording everything that goes on in the establishment? Let's not act like that's some common practice.

um Buffalo Wild Wings

Mentor Police found two people caught on tape taking a wallet at Buffalo Wild Wings

[img]http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/format/jpg/quality/82/resize/407x295/http://hss-? .hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/e0831d613e2bf151649949454b82fba6[/img]

2 men rob Buffalo Wild Wings eatery
    Police are searching for two people who held up the restaurant on Monday.
    503845_1.jpg

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- An unknown suspect was caught on camera Valentine's Day taking a charging iPhone from a restaurant.

The victim and his wife were out to eat at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant at 1940 Wells Road when he plugged his iPhone into an outlet where they were seated, according to a report from the Clay County Sheriff's Office.

130314030853_Buffalo%20Phone%20Theft%20Suspect%201.bmp.jpg

Just about every store you go in has security cameras. And if they were really harassing the customers, why wouldn't they call the cops ?

Where did I say it was never done? I didn't. I just said that it's not some standard that a restaurant has to have a video camera at the front.

BW3 and this restaurant are two different franchises with two different sets of rules. So I fail to see how posting stories about what BW3 does has any bearing on this case. And I still don't understand the cops question. When do people in stores and restaurants call the cops just because someone is being rowdy. That doesn't happen. They ask them to calm down first, then ask them to leave, and then if both of those fail, they call the cops. Apparently here the people left when they were asked to leave, what reason would there have been to get the cops involved. No laws were broken.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SC real racist.I been there and in Charleston and they separate the town by race.One side white and the other black and even on the same street they rarely cross the color line