The Official 2013-2014 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if there was ever a season to get nba league pass, its this season!!!!!!
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ratchet Weddings 2013

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i
    Jr smith guarantees the knicks will win the title this year

kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

He and Melo must've made that deal with the darkside if he 100% believes that
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    i
    Jr smith guarantees the knicks will win the title this year

kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif

He and Melo must've made that deal with the darkside if he 100% believes that

Dat or da drugs
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ratchet Weddings 2013

A broad will let you walk down the isle to "? Ain't ? but Hoes and Tricks" if it means she can legally have access to your millions of dollars.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Goodman

Greg Monroe, Super Coo Beas, Victor Home-Depot, and....

...Kevin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rEnRp_WgqKA
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that deandre jordan dressed as captain planet? ? is that
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how Artest got punked by Big Ben. That ? was shook.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard da basketball hall of fame is Sunday at 2 cant wait to hear Gary Payton speech
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That deandre pic up there with the wade dressed as justin timberlake and paul pierce as buzz lightyear
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bron's mom smashing no name Miami rappers now smh
    dareallambo-on-instagram.png?w=620
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol I knew someone would bring up this Lebron's mom story when I saw it on my twitter feed. Dude is a Lebron stan from his instagram pics...never heard of him in my life.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron's mom ugly as ?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I'm the NBA's next great shooting guard"-Dion Waiters
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this photo somehow distorted? Both these motherfuckas look crazy.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man they didn't even have the greatest story Artest ever told in that montage
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this....is a disgusting ass pic. Im flaggin you for abuse B no hard feelings
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Heard da basketball hall of fame is Sunday at 2 cant wait to hear Gary Payton speech

Oh lord, please let their be grammar enlightenment by then.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't know if this was posted already but Bill Simmons wrote an interesting article about Tracy McGrady's career.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9616069/the-unfortunate-tale-t-mac
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    s the summer passed, everything I witnessed during the 2013 NBA Finals blurred into one colorful, eclectic memory. Tony Parker chewing up 23.999997 seconds of the shot clock before clinching Game 1 with an outrageous leaner. Spurs fans clogging downtown San Antonio after Game 5, relentlessly honking their horns and creating a festive gridlock. LeBron's headband getting symbolically knocked off in the second half of Game 6, right before he summoned his immense powers to save Miami's season. Ray Allen making the single greatest shot I've ever seen in person to steal San Antonio's championship away. Tim Duncan bent over in the last minute of Game 7, his hands pushing against his knees, totally distressed, unable to fathom how he missed a game-saving bunny that he's probably made a million times.

Somewhere in that Finals memory morass sits Tracy McGrady, once considered the de facto equal of Kobe Bryant … only now, he was toiling away as an overqualified benchwarmer for San Antonio. The role was so far beneath him, nobody even knew how to fully process it. This was like Gene Hackman slumming it as an uncredited policeman in Lincoln. Poor McGrady had no impact on the series, but one T-Mac moment stood out for me. About 75 minutes before Game 4 in San Antonio, I was standing on the court waiting for Duncan to warm up — one of my favorite Finals moments, if only because everything that has happened in Duncan's extraordinary career makes sense after you've seen him warm up. It's like what Glenn Frey revealed about the secret of Jackson Browne's brilliance in the Eagles documentary.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Elbow grease. Time. Thought. Persistence.

Duncan only takes shots that he plans on using in games. No joking around, no casual conversing, no stopping, no smiling. Just an aging artist honing his craft. It's beautiful to watch. On this night, Duncan hadn't emerged from the locker room yet. So I started watching McGrady — a future Hall of Famer like Duncan, only someone who had never even won a playoff series until he joined San Antonio in April. I was standing there wearing a suit and tie, my face covered in makeup. McGrady was wearing practice clothes, halfheartedly hoisting 3s with a half-smile spread across on his face. I knew he wasn't playing that night unless they were up 20 or down 20. So did he. I knew his career had been over for a while. So did he. Only he kept jacking up those 3s, and he kept kind of smiling, and the moment meant nothing and everything.

So I wasn't shocked when McGrady retired this week. He hadn't resonated with NBA fans since the 2007-08 season, when a good-but-not-great Rockets team stunned everybody by ripping off 22 straight victories. If you want to remember that astonishing winning streak as T-Mac's Last Stand, that's fine. He bounced around like a McGrady impostor for these past five years — first in New York, then Detroit, then Atlanta, then China, and finally San Antonio. The final third of his career meant absolutely nothing, for what happened on the court, anyway.

In Hollywood, movie stars keep working after their careers cool off. They reinvent themselves as character actors, join television shows, find Off Broadway roles, maybe even release excruciatingly awful movies like The Killing Season. (Note to John Travolta and Robert De Niro: You still owe me $4.99.) It always feels worse when it happens in sports, particularly basketball, when only eight or nine guys truly matter on every team. Once you can't ? that group, you're confined to cheerleading and garbage time. But you're still there. We see you during every timeout and every layup line. Almost always, you're somewhere in your thirties, so you don't look dramatically different than you did when you mattered. It's almost like you threw on a Halloween costume of yourself.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    We don't care if this happens to the Juwan Howards and Richard Jeffersons of the world. When it's someone like McGrady? That's when we care. That's when we wish they could see what we're seeing. That it's over, basically. "Show some dignity," we want to tell them. We always feel relieved when they retire, allowing their memories to prevail on YouTube and NBA TV's Hardwood Classics. We don't want to remember someone of McGrady's caliber arriving out of shape for the 2008-09 season, holding the Rockets hostage for a few months, then ? them by getting microfracture surgery right before the trade deadline. We don't want to remember him participating in a mutiny against his coach in Detroit, backing up the immortal Marvin Williams in Atlanta, or slumming it in China for a few extra million bucks.

We want to remember 22 straight and 32.1 points per game. We want to remember seven All-Star Games in a row. We want to remember McGrady dropping 62 on the Wizards, trash-talking his way to a 42-10-8 in Game 3 against the 2001 Bucks (his superstar audition tape), nearly beating the '03 Pistons in the playoffs by himself, combining with Dirk Nowitzki to score 103 points in 2005, or exploding for 36 points in 27 minutes at the 2006 All-Star Game in Houston. We want to remember him in may-they-endure-forever videos with titles like "Tracy McGrady's Top 10 Posterizations" …