Black american women cooning in the church now??

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Churches often do their best to welcome new members and make new congregants feel welcome, but one North Carolina congregation caused a firestorm when a lead pastor requested "only white people" serve as greeters.

Carmen Thomas, a member of Freedom House Church was outraged after receiving an email from Pastor Makeda Pennycooke asking people of color to refrain from serving as greeters at the 9 a.m. service during the congregation's busiest season, WBTV reports.

Pennycooke, an African-American, sent the email to a group of church volunteers writing "first impressions matter" and that the congregation wanted "the best of the best on the front doors."

Thomas told the news station she believed Pennycooke was attempting to attract white worshippers.

"We are continuing to work to bring our racial demographic pendulum back to mid-line," she continued in the email. "So we would like to ask that only white people be on the front doors."

According to WBTV, Pennycooke has since apologized for the email along with seniors pastors Troy and Penny Maxwell.

"The pastors have been meeting with staff and church members to confirm their commitment to diversity and to ensure nothing like this happens again," church officials told WBTV.

"Freedom House believes in a diverse relationship within its membership, reflecting the larger community in which the church resides, doing life together as a church representative of everyone -- culturally, ethnically, economically, and generationally."

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeshua really has a very few followers on this earth.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is nothing new.

People do a lot of stupid stuff in the name of religion.

Being in the church doesn't make you any more religious than being Black makes you a good athlete.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    funny how the church said they wanted the best of the best, but everything we know about Jesus states he focused on the worst of the worst. Those are the ones that need it the most.

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Church and Black Church Coonin' = Normal ? Behavior
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly-JjfJToX8

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... I HONESTLY CANT BELIEVE HOW PEOPLE CLAIM TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST DO STUPID ISH LIKE THIS... HOW COLD SHE COME TO THIS CONCLUSION (BEING A BLACK WOMAN HERSELF)? SHE IS OBVIOUSLY PRECHING FOR MONEY AND NOT FOR CHRIST. SMH @ THE BEST OF THE BEST

What color was this "Christ" cat you speak of?
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    ... I HONESTLY CANT BELIEVE HOW PEOPLE CLAIM TO BELIEVE IN CHRIST DO STUPID ISH LIKE THIS... HOW COLD SHE COME TO THIS CONCLUSION (BEING A BLACK WOMAN HERSELF)? SHE IS OBVIOUSLY PRECHING FOR MONEY AND NOT FOR CHRIST. SMH @ THE BEST OF THE BEST

HONESTLY BRUH.. I AINT SURE OF THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN.. AND IT HONESTLY DONT MATTER
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

HONESTLY BRUH.. I AINT SURE OF THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN.. AND IT HONESTLY DONT MATTER

He was black...
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its easy to claim to be a christian. Anybody can claim to be one. lol

lol @ that email though. Ever been to some churches with all black greeters at the front door?

Straight thugs. You walk in they size you up and you better not ask to sit anywhere near the front or that will result in a 10 second awkward stare-down. Not to mention if you dont scoot over they will make room by force or by any means necessary for the lord.

White greeters on the other hand come off as real creepy. Like that guy from poltergeist part 2.

I wouldnt mind watching a cage fight between School Cafeteria ladies and greeters at the church. I think the edge goes to cafeteria ladies. Stirring that spam and mystery meat all day builds muscles.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black womens always been the biggest ? , this comes as no surprise

This. black hoes virtually wrote the manuscript on how to ? ? . even in the presence of paula deen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsIp_pasW6o

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's two things black women love the most;
    their white jesus ...and their white daddy slave master
    One provides spiritual support
    And the second provides financial support.
    Both support their dysfunctional nature.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, where is the proof that these ? was cooning?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

I've been looking for this too.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    LMAO me and my Mom used to sit and wait for this one lady to fall out. She was the Bishop's nurse named Mother Fench.

The funny thing wasnt that she fell out its that she did it at random moments. Usually people "go" during alter call or when they hear the ? . Her ass would scream and fall the ? out in the middle of the Church Announcements.

Sister Williams: We will be selling muffins and cookies outdoors after the benediction for the Youth Ministry

MOther Fench: THANK YOU JESUSSSSSS !!!!
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freedom house church

lol
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    LMAO me and my Mom used to sit and wait for this one lady to fall out. She was the Bishop's nurse named Mother Fench.

The funny thing wasnt that she fell out its that she did it at random moments. Usually people "go" during alter call or when they hear the ? . Her ass would scream and fall the ? out in the middle of the Church Announcements.

Sister Williams: We will be selling muffins and cookies outdoors after the benediction for the Youth Ministry

MOther Fench: THANK YOU JESUSSSSSS !!!!

that reminds me of this one dude at church back when I was in elementary school brother jones. you had to be there. ? it's indescribable. all the pastor "said was brothers and sisters turn to mark chapter..." and he goes off. I used to come home with my sides and abdomen burning from holding in my laughter man ? used to act a fool back in the 80's and early/mid 90's
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's two things black women love the most;
    their white jesus ...and their white daddy slave master
    One provides spiritual support
    And the second provides financial support.
    Both support their dysfunctional nature.

Slept on mudda fuccin post
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? u talmbout
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In conclusion, the white has successfully made u ? hate each other...

well damn...one shot, a million kills

• Ghost Leopard
    Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol when the image of who you worship is the same as who rules over you ? that's a mindfuck for that ass.

That's why when ? brag about how slaves used to sneak and learn how to read using the bible I just smh.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol when the image of who you worship is the same as who rules over you ? that's a mindfuck for that ass.

That's why when ? brag about how slaves used to sneak and learn how to read using the bible I just smh.

Yea, because ya know, everything they taught us isn't tainted. Just the bible and lets laugh at those ? .