Bone Thugs N Harmony Everything 100 video and update on group makeup

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkISPRtitI
Layzie Bone has announced that he will no longer work with Bone thugs-n-harmony after fulfilling his upcoming obligations. Layzie provided this statement in a letter to fans released through social media.

"What up my fan family," Layzie said in his letter. "I just want to take this time to let you know that I'm not part of any of the 'Everything 100' shows that are scheduled. I know everyone is asking, 'Where you been Layzie?'"

Layzie stressed that he is working on his own solo effort.

"Well I'm letting y'all know that I've been working on my brand new album, Perfect Timing, and building my brand, Harmony Howse Entertainment. I'm doing what makes sense right now for my family and myself which is building my own brand."

While he is focusing on his solo work, he still has obligations to fulfill as part of Bone thugs-n-harmony.

"I will be performing with Bone thugs-n-harmony at the Rock the Bells dates and for a TV appearance with them, but after that, I am not obligated to do anything else with Bone thugs-n-harmony," Layzie said. "Let the record show that I'm part of one deal with Bone thugs-n-harmony which is only the single for 'Everything 100,' which is all I'm obligated for."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=25250

Thoughts on these developments?

Comments

• jono
    Options
    For those keeping count 3/5 members have left the group, and they do have a final album with all 5 members scheduled for release (to which I'm guessing Layzie will not tour).

The video and song are good but I can do without the flea market Future ? (Ty Dolla Sign).

I want these ? to win but they apparently can't stick together for ? . So it's better if they split before they implode fully like naughty by nature
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh. these ? .

Im a fan. but I been tired of these dudes breakin up/makin up.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was horrible.. Wish not even tryin no more...
  • jono
    Options
    Wish didnt say a damn thing, he went last too like he was gonna be nice or something smh
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a bad song or nothin. Shocked to see Bizzy in it.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They too damn old to make a song like this..
  • jono
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    They too damn old to make a song like this..

It's looking like Uni5 all over again as of right now.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What do you expect from Cleveland ? ?
    they should just disband altogether instead of ruining the legacy they created...
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I luh dis song...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this a good song, when i first heard it i aint even know they reunited, only to find out a month later layzie bone done decided to leave, ion know what kinda problems they keep having to make em wanna break up, ? too old for that ?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been stopped giving a ? bout these cats.

All I want is some accapella's, I'll make my own damn album of them.

? is up there on the list of things I'd do if I won the lottery. Buying all of their unreleased ? and releasing it for free.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man they need to just shut the ? up.. and layzie bones like 7-8 years to late with that ? .... these ? need to go see eazy....
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't feel any of they new ? ...I still jam they art of war album ? is classic
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    them ? been lukewarm ? juice since they put out that mo thugs compilation.. mr. ouija been sending these ? off for a while now
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to see them all in one video but who that wack ? on the hook, nothing I hate more than autotune and reverb soaked hooks... They'd of been better off singing it themselves

And why is Layzie so adament about not working with the group that made him a millionaire, like ? anticipating his project or something.. Just like a ? to put a damper on a great occasion for his own selfish reason that knowone cares about

They better enjoy this, cause bone fading back into obscurity in 5..4..3..2..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their first 5 albums were all VERY good - Solid. Even Krayzie, Bizzy, and Flesh's solo albums were dope in that time period. But once they his the new millennium ? just kind of got wack lol.

I was stoked as ? for Uni 5 but that ? was so ? weak imo. Swizz and Bone thugs dont mesh well.

Even their solo albums are slacking. If i remember correctly though krayzie had a tape come out not too long ago that was pretty legit, didnt stick in my mind or anything though.
  • jono
    Options
    I'm a huge BTNH fan and they are the only act of any musical genre that I followed from the beginning and I think they just stopped doing them and started letting labels dictate album direction.

It started with Thug World Order getting scrapped and then BET banned the "money money" video it seemed to all go sour from that point.

I'm still a huge fan and I stay up on all the solos ad group projects but I stopped putting money into the group after the Swizz Beatz fiasco of 2007. It was a solid album but it was obvious things weren't ever gonna be the same.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I was stoked as ? for Uni 5 but that ? was so ? weak imo.

Uni 5 was solid imo. coulda been much better if they woulda taken off the wack songs and added the songs that got left out. like LKBWF, No Mas, What Have We Done, Spread the Love and Determination

• Bcotton5
    Options
    the album with Swizz Beatz and 3 members was actually dope as ?
  • jono
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I agree to an extent...
    It had alot of dope ? on there but it lacked the cohesion of other bone projects.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought the swizz beats album was pretty hard and uni 5 was disappointing but still solid, vh1 need to do a behind the music on these guys, i wanna know wat make layzie think leaving the group and goin solo in 2013 is wats best
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I agree to an extent...
    It had alot of dope ? on there but it lacked the cohesion of other bone projects.

yea I agree it didnt really sound like a Bone album but it was a bunch of good songs, I banged that cd for that whole summer
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this song tho man, smh @ Layzie
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options